• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

rejoice.png

Oh my god this new Cross Counter episode. Gootecks still doesn't know how rollback netcode works and that it's different than 4. This is starting to drive me crazy.
How is that possible for a 3s player that has to have some experience with OE/GGPO/Fightcade?

*loses 4 straight games with Ryu*

"Ryu is...only good on paper...paper champion"

*video releases same day Tokido dominates in super stacked tournament*

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Watch the day one streams of Urien by Gootecks and Floe and you see the latter being far superior in figuring out the character and showing the audiences what the character is capable of. Floe is goofy but he's very good at teaching and conveying stuff to people. And he isn't about charging people for it.

Tripon

Watch the day one streams of Urien by Gootecks and Floe and you see the latter being far superior in figuring out the character and showing the audiences what the character is capable of. Floe is goofy but he's very good at teaching and conveying stuff to people. And he isn't about charging people for it.
I think Floe is also a cross counter coach.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
He's a CC coach but I think that's more CC getting him to do it. Floe doesn't charge for stuff on his streams. There's a lot of things he's done that would've been behind a paywall if Gootecks was in his shoes.

I'm not buying the US release, no. Not holding that against the devs.

That's it, I'm calling you on your bullshit.

Read the following carefully, we've only said this a dozen times, but you've seemed to have ignored it:

ASW IS THE ONE WHO MADE THE DECISION TO NOT DUB BLAZBLUE. THE DEVELOPER OF THE GAME, THE ONES WHO'VE BEEN HANDLING LOCALIZATION FOR YEARS NOW.

If you don't get it by now, I don't know what to say to you.

EDIT: Because I fir got put this above: WE HAVE NO SAY IN THE MATTER. IT'S ASW'S DECISION.

xCobalt

Gootecks is the type of player that believes he's better than his opponent even after losing convincingly. You see it in his reactions in tournaments or on Excellent Adventures.

Astarte

Read the following carefully, we've only said this a dozen times, but you've seemed to have ignored it:

ASW IS THE ONE WHO MADE THE DECISION TO NOT DUB BLAZBLUE. THE DEVELOPER OF THE GAME, THE ONES WHO'VE BEEN HANDLING LOCALIZATION FOR YEARS NOW.

EDIT: Because I fir got put this above: WE HAVE NO SAY IN THE MATTER. IT'S ASW'S DECISION.

Oh geez, so it all comes out.
What happened with the firing thing? :<

cj_iwakura

Maybe you should have thought of that before you suggested making a petition.

And I've known this for months. Try acknowledging your fans instead of throwing shade at me.

You're the publishers. Your names are on the box. Take responsibility.

Tripon

Maybe you should have thought of that before you suggested making a petition.

And I've known this for months. Try acknowledging your fans instead of throwing shade at me.

You're the publishers. Your names are on the box. Take responsibility.
You're not making sense. You just want to lash out and feel good about yourself.

And people tried to hate on me when I hate on ASW.

shaowebb

No dub is shit, but I still love BB so it is what it is. Games aren't made for free. The VA work usually costs a friggin ton anyhow. Shit like that scares me as an indie honestly.

I'm pre-ordering the game in a day or so, so don't worry about this impacting my decision to order: is there any chance that dubs will get added via patch at a later date? I really like ENG Hakumen and wanted to hear ENG Nine.

*yawn*

pizzacat

Banned
Didn't gootecks play Urien in 3s

Dlent

The lack of dub hurts, but I'm on the fence just because of the online. It's still the same old online for BB that we've had for years, which is pretty disappointing considering how good Revelator was.

SKD has also made the good point numerous times that having delay based netcode for a game with only one frame of input delay makes it feel so much worse online compared to offline. A 3F delay in Xrd is only about doubling the input delay, but the same connection in BlazBlue would quadruple it.

NEO0MJ

No voice work sucks, but it's not the only reason I'm hesitant to buy CF. There's also the worry that we'll get an EX version later. Sure they said they won't do it for this game but I don't fully trust them.

No dub is shit, but I still love BB so it is what it is. Games aren't made for free. The VA work usually costs a friggin ton anyhow. Shit like that scares me as an indie honestly.

That's why synthesizers exist, so you can do all the voice work yourself.

Tripon

All the tournaments for this week for Capcom Cup spots.

Capcom Cup 32 spots:

Won Premier Tournament: (6 players)

Infiltration (Final Round, NCR, EVO) (1668 global points)
Tokido (CEO, SEAM) (1032 global points)
Gamerbee (Japan Cup, EGX) (730 global points)
Momochi (Stunfest) (524 global points)
Phenom (Dreamhack Summer) (482 global points)
Xiao Hai (G League) (420 global points)

With Infiltration, Tokido and Gamerbee winning multiple premier tournaments, it opens up 4 more spots to the Global Rankings from the original 8.

Qualification via Global Spot: (12 at the moment)

Justin Wong (980 global points)
Fuudo (804 global points)
Daigo Umehara (555 global points)
Julio Fuentes (548 global points)
Xian (518 global points)
Nuckledu (597 global points)
Eita (482 global points)
MOV (472 global points)
Luffy (455 global points)
Go1 (412 global points)
FChamp (398 global points)
CCL (397 global points )

Outside looking in on global points:
Mago (394 global points)
Chris T (382 global points)

The big change is MOV (472 global points) and Luffy (455 global points) winning and moving into the global rankings. That means Mago and Chris T are outside looking in on global points.

Participates qualify via global spots before Regional ranking spots:

Qualification via regions: (8 spots)

Asia: Mago (288 Asia points), Kazunoko (183 asia points)

Outside looking in: Haitani (176 Asia points)

With Mago losing his global spot, he moves into first on the Asian board, pushing Kazunoko to 2nd. That means Haitani is out of Capcom Cup now.

The most serious threat are Haitani (176 Asia points), Tse4444 (128 asia points) and Yukadon (74 Asia points), if Haitani, or Tse4444 gets at least 2nd or Yukadon wins FV Cup, or the Asian Online Ranking event, either can jump Kazunoko.

Europe: Mister Crimson (321 Europe points), Problem X (218 Europe Points)

With Luffy, MOV, and CCL having global spots, that means Mister Crimson and Problem X are in as European spots. There's still a couple of global tournaments left, so it's still possible for CCL to be knocked out of the global rankings and back into the EU rankings, which would screw Problem X out of a spot.

Latin America: Brolynho (305 LA points), Misterio (203 LA points)

Outside looking in: KBrad (196 LA points)

Edit: Misterio was able to get the 2 points he needed at TRETA to pass KBrad. He gets the 2nd spot, and KBrad needs to win the CPT LA Finals in order to qualify for Capcom Cup.

However, the TO of Treta says that Misterio has visa problems and may not be able to travel to Capcom Cup. If that is true, then KBrad gets the 2nd LA spot.

North America: Ricky Ortiz (247 NA points), XsK_Samurai (202 NA points).

Outside looking in: Chris T (190 NA points), John Takeuchi (144 NA points)

XsK_Samurai getting 2nd at The Fall Classic gives him enough points over Chris T and John Takeuchi, securing the second NA spot.

-----
Ranking events left:

FV Cup (Asia) (Oct. 22nd-Oct. 23rd)
Online Event: Asia-Oceanic Event II (open to Japan, Korea Korea, Taiwan, & Hong Kong only) (Oct. 22nd)

That's 24 spots, which leave 6 left to be grabbed.

Spots that still need to be determined:

Premier tournaments:
SoCal Regionals winner (Oct. 14th-Oct. 16th)
Canada Cup winner (Oct. 28th-Oct. 30th)

Regional Finals:

EU Regional Finals at Milan Games Week at Milan, Italy (Oct. 15th-Oct. 16th)
NA Regional Finals: Red Bull Battle Grounds at Seattle, Wash. (Nov. 04th-Nov. 06th)
Capcom Pro Tour Asia Regional Finals at Busan, South Korea (Nov. 17th-Nov. 19th)
LA Regional Finals, Sao Paulo, Brazil (Nov. 2nd)

Anne

I completely forgot that at point somebody said "This game sucks because women are getting good at it." Times changed quick on that one.

NEO0MJ

Monday at last

Man I remember VF3 in arcades blowing my mind as a kid with its graphics

Wait a minute, you're not Pretty Panda!

I completely forgot that at point somebody said "This game sucks because women are getting good at it." Times changed quick on that one.

What game? And yeah the FGC is trying hard to change its image, lest they get hit by more CO Andy threads.

Kumubou

Pretty sure it was all non union work, I doubt it broke the bank. ArcSys just decided they didn't want to spend the money, and the cast were the last to know.
Is there something wrong with ArcSys not wanting to do something because it would be a net negative financially? I get that it sucks to not have the game dubbed when the rest of the series was, but check out the trends for BlazBlue releases over the years, in Japan at retail and on the PC internationally (which is what I can get sales data for):

Code:
Japanese retail sales (LTD): 
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger			122,470
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift			153,913
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend		131,725
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma			128,393
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend		 43,831

[Source: [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1169225"]Chris1964's Media Create spreadsheet of doom[/URL]]

Code:
PC digital sales (worldwide, LTD):
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger			178,027
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend		 62,309
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend	 	 36,415

[Source: [url="http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=blazblue"]SteamSpy[/url]]
That's... not a good trend. The PC data is sketchy given that they're all late releases and BBCT was discounted and bundled to hell and back, and between the fact that the game has always been significantly less popular in the US relative to Japan and that ArcSys makes less from US/EU retail sales than anything else (as there's a much bigger cut on digital and they self-publish in Japan), it's very possible that it would cost more to do a dub than they would make from the additional copies sold in the US, especially with how much bigger the cast and the story mode has gotten over the years.

SKD has also made the good point numerous times that having delay based netcode for a game with only one frame of input delay makes it feel so much worse online compared to offline. A 3F delay in Xrd is only about doubling the input delay, but the same connection in BlazBlue would quadruple it.
There's no way BB has one frame of input delay -- that would be unprecedented. I don't have input delay numbers for BB thought, although if I had to guess it would be roughly the same as the GG games, since ArcSys has some idea of what they're doing from a technical standpoint (unlike, say... well, the joke is too old to make now
lololol who am I kidding E I G H T F R A M E S
).

Riposte

You're not making sense. You just want to lash out and feel good about yourself.

That's how I see it. It's sucks when a localization is a letdown, but it's not the end of the world.

I just imagined an alternate universe where Evo 2017 had Smash. Bros Melee, Smash Bros. 4, and Smash Bros. Melee HD as main stage games.

EVO 2020 Line-up:
Pokken 2
SSB Wii U
SSB Melee
SSB Brawl
SSB NX
Super Nintendo vs. Capcom
Street Fighter X Fire Emblem
Mario Bros. HD Remix

cj_iwakura

Is there something wrong with ArcSys not wanting to do something because it would be a net negative financially? I get that it sucks to not have the game dubbed when the rest of the series was, but check out the trends for BlazBlue releases over the years, in Japan at retail and on the PC internationally (which is what I can get sales data for):

Code:
Japanese retail sales (LTD): 
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger			122,470
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift			153,913
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend		131,725
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma			128,393
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend		 43,831

[Source: [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1169225"]Chris1964's Media Create spreadsheet of doom[/URL]]

Code:
PC digital sales (worldwide, LTD):
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger			178,027
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend		 62,309
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend	 	 36,415

[Source: [url="http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=blazblue"]SteamSpy[/url]]
That's... not a good trend. The PC data is sketchy given that they're all late releases and BBCT was discounted and bundled to hell and back, and between the fact that the game has always been significantly less popular in the US relative to Japan and that ArcSys makes less from US/EU retail sales than anything else (as there's a much bigger cut on digital and they self-publish in Japan), it's very possible that it would cost more to do a dub than they would make from the additional copies sold in the US, especially with how much bigger the cast and the story mode has gotten over the years.

There's no way BB has one frame of input delay -- that would be unprecedented. I don't have input delay numbers for BB thought, although if I had to guess it would be roughly the same as the GG games, since ArcSys has some idea of what they're doing from a technical standpoint (unlike, say... well, the joke is too old to make now
lololol who am I kidding E I G H T F R A M E S
).
You're not wrong and I get that. It's the way it was communicated to the fans and the VAs themselves that was irritating. They sat on the no dub news for weeks until they were called out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom