• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

Oh my god I've been so out of things the last 3-4 weeks with getting sucked back into Destiny, work and personal stuff that I have zero idea what tournament stuff has even happened, and I had no idea TFC was even this weekend, FML
Same thing!
QbvQ_f-maxage-0.gif

Which game get more views at Smash tournaments? Smash4 or Melee?

shaowebb

All this Blaz Blue talk has me excited for the release in November. I'm eager to play as Mai Natsume. Been a fan since I bothered to check out what in the hell remix heart was. Woulda been cool if the poisoner that was in that series had become playable but no big.

Mai Natsume's spear moveset is like some kind of crazy 2d variant of Nemea's moves from Orochi 3 from what I'm seeing and that was my main in that musou title. I couldn't be more eager to try a character. Loving the aimable spear throw mechanic.

All this Blaz Blue talk has me excited for the release in November. I'm eager to play as Mai Natsume. Been a fan since I bothered to check out what in the hell remix heart was. Woulda been cool if the poisoner that was in that series had become playable but no big.

Mai Natsume's spear moveset is like some kind of crazy 2d variant of Nemea's moves from Orochi 3 from what I'm seeing and that was my main in that musou title. I couldn't be more eager to try a character. Loving the aimable spear throw mechanic.

I'm going to go in hard on BBCF. I hope some other folks here will, too, so I have regular sparring partners.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sanford always seem to say a game sucks when he's not doing great in it. I don't get his mentality either. If you think a game sucks then why would you play it? If I didn't like something I'm not going to touch it even if a million other people are.

Eh, no SFV for me right now. It's questionable if my laptop meets the specs and I'm short on disk space. Only console I've got on me right now is xbone so I guess I'll try some hitbox KI.

So far I've mostly just done some NES speedrunning to practice the hitbox, but I've at least got the directions down well enough that I can try doing some fighting game stuff. I'm just a bit short on games and hardware at the moment.

I mean, would it really be that surprising? Supposedly CRTs had a lot of benefits over LED/Plasma displays and I wouldn't be shocked at all if when it becomes feasible we'll star seeing boutique shops offerings deluxe CRTs.

Not at all, but considering retro "perfect" emulation is still in the stages somewhere in the NES/SNES era we probably still have a few years to go before deluxe CRTs become a thing.

A cheaper alternative is for somebody to finally figure out how the DAC works in the Gamecubes with a digital out port so they can make an HDMI converter with presumably minimal lag.

Dahbomb

Sanford always seem to say a game sucks when he's not doing great in it. I don't get his mentality either. If you think a game sucks then why would you play it? If I didn't like something I'm not going to touch it even if a million other people are.
It's scrub mentality.

Japanese players keep trucking along helping each other get better and raising a new generation players while American players bicker over which B tier player beat other B tier player with X character in an 8 year old game.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god this new Cross Counter episode. Gootecks still doesn't know how rollback netcode works and that it's different than 4. This is starting to drive me crazy.
How is that possible for a 3s player that has to have some experience with OE/GGPO/Fightcade?

Pompadour

Oh my god this new Cross Counter episode. Gootecks still doesn't know how rollback netcode works and that it's different than 4. This is starting to drive me crazy.
How is that possible for a 3s player that has to have some experience with OE/GGPO/Fightcade?

I think Gootecks has purchased nearly all the DLC characters with real money but didn't purchase the Season Pass. I don't he's that knowledgeable about the game in general.

It's scrub mentality.

Japanese players keep trucking along helping each other get better and raising a new generation players while American players bicker over which B tier player beat other B tier player with X character in an 8 year old game.

But Marvel 3 is a 6 year old game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom