• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

vulva

Before Topanga league I was saying I was expecting Xiao Hai to win, even though he didn't take it all, what a performance from him overall, looking at these results. Who would have thought he'd lose to PR Balrog but beat Daigo haha.

SimSimIV

Mark Julio (マークマン) ‏@MarkMan23 4m
MCZ Daigo Umehara is the TOPANGA WORLD LEAGUE Champion & ends his Super Street Fighter IV: AE ver. 2012 career on top! Congratulations!

What? Did Daigo announce his retirement? If that's the case it makes me really sad:/

ismk

It sucks that we will never know how Daigo will do in AE '12 in EVO this year. He has leveled up a lot throughout the year.

Kimosabae

Banned
I think the two were at a distance where Daigo liked to throw fireballs. Bonchan took a risk by jumping thinking there would be a fireball. Daigo was patient and won the game.

I wasn't just talking about in that instance, I'm referring to the set in general. At that final moment I'd think that's the last thing he'd try considering how off his jump-in reads were the entire set. I get the matchup is hard if Ryu is patient, but I don't think Bon held his ground very well.

ryu-vs-sagat-o.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Daigod and Godchan

True fact: Bonchan picked Sagat after watching Haunts play

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Hey guys I'm lookin to buy some recent SBO VF DVDs but the most recent I can find are from 08. Where's a good place to buy em? have others even been released?

Thankfully bypassing dvd region locks does not seem like rocket science.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Seems like SBO08 was the last VF DVD released. So I ordered that from Amazon.jp for about $40 shipped.

Might try to get SBO06 for VF4FT.

Well Ultra comes out in Japan in less than a week, and it's not like he comes over here for anything but EVO.

Yeah, pretty much this. You probably won't see him play AE 2012 anymore once Ultra hits. The only US tourney he might attend is CEO because it has Ultra. But if that's not the case then don't plan on seeing him till EVO.

I'm really happy to see him win. I think this is his first time winning Topanga. But I'm still a little bitter he lost to Cammy, I really wanted to see him overcome that match up but it can't be helped. Xiaohai actually went 5-0 with Cammy and 0-2 with Evil Ryu. You could argue that he should have won this tournament if he had stuck with Cammy the whole way. Maybe going at least 6-1 and winning the tie breaker vs Daigo. But if he feels any regret, it's on him. He did much better this time compared to how he did at Topanga Asia.

Great tournament overall though with plenty of hype matches. That was a great way to end AE 2012 in Japan.

Top Bottom