• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 23-29 | I put my hands on this stick, you know it's real

BadWolf

Yatagarasu is the only one that interests me for 2014 so far.

Hopefully SNK will reveal something, next year is KOF's 20 anniversary after all.

Congrats. Always wondered for those who have a birthday on Christmas (and observe), is it alright, sucky or awesome?

Regardless, I'll get you a beer if we ever cross paths (after Wednesday, of course).

My parents/grandparents tend to split it apart so it's not all on one day. So sometimes we celebrate it earlier and sometimes after. We still celebrate it on Christmas but gifts are split up so I'm not screwed over or anything. It's pretty neat and I like it, but usually people assume the worst.

And thanks! If we do ever cross paths I'll take you up on that offer :D

Coda

I'll be on 360 today playing AE and UMvC3 if anyone is interested. My gamertag is: Groovebop

Also does anyone here live around the Boston area? I've been seriously trying to get a fight night going with homies around here but there's such a limited scene. I don't want to go to Game Underground. I'd rather do it at a crib so 40s and blunts can be involved. :)

The Light

Man can't help but to want another fatal fury each time i see most of the cast from the first game in XIII character select screen :/

Next year we're getting-
more Skullgirls
more Killer Instinct
Yatagarasu/Legend of Raven soon
BlazBlu CP in March
JoJo in spring
Ultra SF4 in the summer
Smash Bros some time next year (fall I bet)

Announcements I hope to hear-
Persona 4 Ultra Suplex Hold announced for US
Virtua Fighter 6 (or something) announced soon
new KOF series
something on Tekken x SF or Tekken 7
Whatever Ono's team is working on ("new project for FGC")
also whatever the hell Hadoken Cabs is (I'm thinking SF arcade cabinet collection)

MrDaravon

Congrats. Always wondered for those who have a birthday on Christmas (and observe), is it alright, sucky or awesome?

My birthday is on Christmas Eve, and it always sucks. Lots of "here's your birthday and Christmas gift", and its usually impossible to really do anything the day of with the holidays and family stuff.

What is exciting about Yatagarasu? I've played the old version and while the new one looks, ok... but I struggle to see it as anything more than generic fighting game #276

Dahbomb

Sony or MS would be so wise to make Street Fighter V an exclusive. Way better than something like Titanfall or FFXV.
FFXV has the potential for higher sales because it's the FF brand (that shit sells no matter what). Not sure how SFV will be received, SFIV got a lot of people on board because it was a sequel after a long time AND it played on nostalgia really well. The casuals are now tired of the various SFIV expansions and many will wait for the newer edition before jumping in.

Titanfall is a big question mark. It can be big like Gears of War or it can flop hard. It's usually easier to secure a new IP than an established IP though.

However, for me personally SFV on either console as an exclusive would be a genuine megaton. I never gave a crap about any FF game post 6 and Titanfall doesn't really tickle my fancy (it looks good and fun but not something I would even put down $60 let alone a full console).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sony or MS would be so wise to make Street Fighter V an exclusive. Way better than something like Titanfall or FFXV.
Exclusives in a genre with limited appeal and strong stigmas? Nope. MS did better with KI, an IP they entirely control.

FFXV isn't exclusive BTW.

What is exciting about Yatagarasu? I've played the old version and while the new one looks, ok... but I struggle to see it as anything more than generic fighting game #276
It's indie bro

It's indie

Coda

Capcom vs SNK 3 on PS4 would sell the console to me and many others easily. I'd Twitch that shit all day.

IMO, in regards to the FGC, I think with Xrd being a PS3/PS4 exclusive is already a bigger deal than KI being an XB1 exclusive.

EDIT: I'm not even sure what the topic is anymore and where it started....

Riposte

I had a dream where I was talking to someone from the UK and they called fighting games "boppers". Maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me the way british people talk about games is dumb.

Coda

I really hope that Hadoken cabs trailer is something special and not a rerelease. We need to be spoiled soon with a new fighting game. I really hope Capcom has something up their sleeve. Probably just dreaming until 3 years.

Exclusives in a genre with limited appeal and strong stigmas? Nope. MS did better with KI, an IP they entirely control.

FFXV isn't exclusive BTW.
Is it FFIV that is exclusive? I thought one of them was.

And Street Fighter has huge appeal across the world!! As an investment, it sells tons of copies just because its playerbase sells it up constantly.

Once upon a time, platformers ruled the gaming industry. Then came the time for RPGs, and now shooters are dominant. Calling something niche just means it has not had the right game come out yet. Fighting games could be next with the right vision.

Coda

Yeah Street Fighter IV definitely brought a lot of awareness to the table when it released, even if it was just people who really only played Street Fighter II. I certainly wasn't that case myself but it definitely in turn made me check out a lot of other good fighters like Garou: Mark of the Wolves which has probably one of my favorite supers.. Bonne Janet's Many Many Torpedos super...godlike.

bjenetmanymanytorpedoes.gif

The Light

Is it FFIV that is exclusive? I thought one of them was.

And Street Fighter has huge appeal across the world!! As an investment, it sells tons of copies just because its playerbase sells it up constantly.

Once upon a time, platformers ruled the gaming industry. Then came the time for RPGs, and now shooters are dominant. Calling something niche just means it has not had the right game come out yet. Fighting games could be next with the right vision.

Fighters had its time in the light during the 90s. Plus it had the "resurgence" this gen as far as mainstream is concerned.

Solune

SvC2:Chaos PANDAMONIUM. Prepare yourself.
You'll get Street Fighter X King of Fighters with SFxT artstyle and you'll like it
The Yatagarasu that is coming to PS4 and Xbox One isn't the same one coming to PC?

Rather have a new Garou.

I believe the console versions will be 4.3 (current) version and that's Nicalis' publishing deal which is supposed to have GGPO as well. The new version being developed is Nyumedia's partnership with CircleEdge

Coda

Yeah good games biosnake and xColbalt. I find it funny how people think Street Fighter x Tekken online is good, you literally can't see any crossup coming with lag. What's even weirder is people say UMvC3 online is bad. I don't think it's stellar, but a majority of the matches for me run fairly smooth for what's going down. I think that's quite an accomplishment in terms of fighting games go. It helps that the game runs so smooth to begin with offline.

Top Bottom