• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 3-9 | Why doesn't Bungie make fighting games?

Chavelo

Fighting Games Weekly | Smash Isn't a Fighting Game After All!

Cause, you know

It's not at Evo

;_;

It already has one foot on the doorstep. The game is getting slightly yanked from the neck collar by Nintendo, though. Trying to make things hard for everyone involved.

Cockblockers...

Sayah

It's such a let down Tekken isn't at Evo. Seriously, have people lost taste in fighting games?

The anime fight club sucks.

It's EVO's loss. The lineup itself is lacking in diversity. If not Tekken, they should have at least included one other 3D fighter. You can't claim to be the biggest fighting game tournament and not have even that.

Lineup choices were clearly made based on moneyhats. I mean who plays Killer Instinct? Who even has an xbone? And the game has like 8 characters and even then sabrewolf is gonna get picked like 90% of the time.

And they reduced the number of games since last year. Marked decrease in quality and diversity of titles is only bad. Not that it affects me in significant ways since I barely ever even spectate let alone attend tournaments but, regardless, come on.......

Reverend

Neo Member
It's EVO's loss. The lineup itself is lacking in diversity. If not Tekken, they should have at least included one other 3D fighter. You can't claim to be the biggest fighting game tournament and not have even that.

Lineup choices were clearly made based on moneyhats. I mean who plays Killer Instinct? Who even has an xbone? And the game has like 8 characters and even then sabrewolf is gonna get picked like 90% of the time.

And they reduced the number of games since last year. Marked decrease in quality and diversity of titles is only bad. Not that it affects me in significant ways since I barely ever spectate but, regardless, come on.......

Millions of people have access to the game, KI has a pretty decent turn out at Super Arcade every week, and it's not all Sabre mirrors. Obviously KI is there because of Microsoft dollars; that much was clear when MS sponsored the event to be all Xbox. That being said, it's definitely not a shitty game and having it on mainstage is not a bad thing.

Does suck that Tekken isn't there though.

Chavelo

Not that it affects me in significant ways since I barely ever even spectate let alone attend tournaments but, regardless, come on.......

reverse-1326910583_larry_david_reaction.gif

lolmark

Lineup choices were clearly made based on moneyhats. I mean who plays Killer Instinct? Who even has an xbone?
KI has been heavily endorsed by a number of top players, including Justin Wong and Alex Valle. You might be skeptical to why KI was included but I think it'd be fair to say that a lot of players would've been unhappy if the game wasn't included.

Sayah

Millions of people have access to the game, KI has a pretty decent turn out at Super Arcade every week, and it's not all Sabre mirrors. Obviously KI is there because of Microsoft dollars; that much was clear when MS sponsored the event to be all Xbox. That being said, it's definitely not a shitty game and having it on mainstage is not a bad thing.

Does suck that Tekken isn't there though.

I can't speak on the quality of KI since I haven't played it myself. But a game that's not even half finished and has a total of 8 characters is not going to bring a lot of character mixture to the forefront.

I support fighting games by buying them and playing them. My weekday schedule consists of getting up and commuting to work, then going to 3-hour night classes and then getting home at 10:30 p.m. No time for any of the other stuff.

Top Bottom