• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 3-9 | Why doesn't Bungie make fighting games?

vocab

that whole match was straight out of a comicbook

The round ends, and ghandi wins the match.
Ghandi says: I did it.
Ghandi says: I won

Narrator speech bubble: With his new found confidence, Ghandi celebrated, and went home that night. He said this to him self before he went to bed.

Ghandi says: It was probably the hardest match I have ever fought. All the training I endured up until has payed off. However, I can't stop here. No, I need to keep training, and get even more stronger. My next target is

The next page is a fully detailed self portrait of Ghandi. With his bold eyes, and his wavy, and delicate hair blowing from the nightly breeze. He's smiling, but excited with his mouth wide open.

Ghandi says: THE WORLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

As he points to a cloud that looks convincingly looks like diago far off in the distance.

Volume 1 end.

The round ends, and ghandi wins the match.
Ghandi says: I did it.
Ghandi says: I won

Narrator speech bubble: With his new found confidence, Ghandi celebrated, and went home that night. He said this to him self before he went to bed.

Ghandi says: It was probably the hardest match I have ever fought. All the training I endured up until has payed off. Howver, I can't stop here. No, I need to kep training, and get even more stronger. My next target is

The next page is a fully detailed self portrait of Ghandi. With his bold eyes, and his wavy, and delicate hair blowing from the nightly breeze. He's smiling, but excited with his mouth wide open.

Ghandi says: THE WORLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

As he points to a cloud that looks convincingly looks like diago far off in the distance.

Volume 1 end.

ಠ_ಠ

my post was post-modern FGC talk

Raynel Hidalgo @RayRay19wun
Follow
Starting tomorrow I'm going to be inviting an up and comer plus one of the regulars. I'll try streaming every Monday night.

Ray-Ray to start training upstarts for free!

Explains all the salt.

BIDENFACE.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Perhaps Art is being a nice guy and doesn't want to take any thunder away from the PXG streams. Have to give the little guys some time to shine. PXG is pretty much the new PJs stream.

I'm still waiting for someone to figure out how to make a good fighter on a 3D plane of movement. Sure, it would play like a cross between Street Fighter and a Wrestling game making projectile attacks a bit less useful but someone has to take the risk. I'm sure it can be figured out.

Azure J

I'm still waiting for someone to figure out how to make a good fighter on a 3D plane of movement. Sure, it would play like a cross between Street Fighter and a Wrestling game making projectile attacks a bit less useful but someone has to take the risk. I'm sure it can be figured out.

An arena based Devil May Cry 3 game?

Zissou

Gundam/Virtual On don't count? Powerstone not fit the bill either?

Some sort of 3D fighting game at EVO one day would be amazing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man, this EVO drama is something else already, just wait until they start announcing the prize money this year and people go nutso again. I wonder if Capcom will throw a bonus in for USF4, but I feel like for such a small project and them also funding their own events now, it might be insignificant or perhaps not there at all.

MrDaravon

Man, this EVO drama is something else already, just wait until they start announcing the prize money this year and people go nutso again. I wonder if Capcom will throw a bonus in for USF4, but I feel like for such a small project and them also funding their own events now, it might be insignificant or perhaps not there at all.

I haven't been paying attention, are people still flipping out about no Tekken or did I miss something else?

The pot bonus for USF4 will be a copy of USF4

Xbox 360 of course.

casperOne

After watching the olympics for a couple of days online, it would be amazing to see the FGC reach this level of production. The toolbar at the top are updated instantly showing standings, upcoming athletes, additional info on the current athlete and other information. I'm sure this kind of technology has been around for awhile but its the first time I'm exposed to it.

There's probably a lot of custom work that went into those overlays/displays, as well as a production team in addition to the technology.

That's not to say that it couldn't be done in the FGC, but it definitely requires someone dedicated to the data, curating it to be fed into the overlays and a producer or production team to bring it together with the main content.

Is it me or does Sanford just seem to get better and better with Oni every time we see him. It's truly a pleasure to watch. The switch from Sagat seems to be working really, really well for him.

alstein

The Tobal games in the 90s I think kinda did that.

Square should have made more fighters.

Top Bottom