• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 3-9 | Why doesn't Bungie make fighting games?

casperOne

yeah, i play :)

twitch.tv/fishstix if u wanna tell me how bad i am

Heyo, welcome. Don't get banned.

Also, if you could check your DMs on Twitter, I'd be grateful. I sent you a message a long time ago around Capcom Cup regarding Twitch chat/delays/etc (not negative, promise)

casperOne

I think I know what it is about Sanford's Oni that's different than his play with Sagat.

Watching him play Oni, his character awareness seems much, much better; he knows what his character can do, when he can do it, and is able to execute it consistently.

Kikirin

My vote goes to Busaiku's "Fighting Games Weekly | 3DPD":
- References lack of 3D games for Evo.
- Shoutouts to how anime it was in here.

casperOne

Did anyone catch the Oni ultra animation when Tinshi's Makoto was doing the Ex Hayate? Going to have to rip the image, it was a great angle.

Beckx

The Tobal games in the 90s I think kinda did that.

Square should have made more fighters.

Yeah, you had a grapple that transitioned to throws like a wrestling game. Tobal 2 is one if my favorite games of all time. That dungeon mode was incredible.

Nabs

in light of the Amazon thing, Nabs' submission "Now with Omega Free Shipping"

not my submission but another reason to post the gif!

ib08kZcj4ciHpo.gif

xCobalt

There's probably a lot of custom work that went into those overlays/displays, as well as a production team in addition to the technology.

That's not to say that it couldn't be done in the FGC, but it definitely requires someone dedicated to the data, curating it to be fed into the overlays and a producer or production team to bring it together with the main content.

Yeah, there's definitely an immense amount of work involved. This particular TV station put in a lot of money for their coverage of the olympic games. No idea on the size of the broadcasting team though. The commentators are doing a great job as well. They continue commentary and even point out useful links for the online viewers while TV viewers are watching a commercial.

K.Sabot

Smug makes a good point on the pie stream, Japan getting a 2 month head start on Ultra in the hyperbolic time chamber of Japan and America getting it a month before evo.

Evo's gonna be a blowup.

Sheroking

Smug makes a good point on the pie stream, Japan getting a 2 month head start on Ultra in the hyperbolic time chamber of Japan and America getting it a month before evo.

Evo's gonna be a blowup.

I'd guess many of the US players who will have a chance at top-8 will find themselves in Japan for a while between April and June.

Reverend

Neo Member
I'd guess many of the US players who will have a chance at top-8 will find themselves in Japan for a while between April and June.

Or, like last time, someone will get a dump of the Ultra Arcade code and very quietly pass it around to the pro US players.

xCobalt

Evo's gonna be a blowup.

It would have been a blowup even if US had a head start.

casperOne

FGW : Now With Omega Free Shipping

However, I'd argue that the more important title is in relation to the biggest news of the week:

FGW: The countdown to Evo

Short, simple, poignant.

As much as DH being bought by Amazon makes for a good thread title, it's not the most relevant FGC thing that happened last week or will happen next week.

Omega Free Shipping needs to be the title

Evo's gonna be a blowup.

Well it was the same thing when AE came out. Although that wasn't locked behind NesicaXLive so I guess Japan's advantage this time is even bigger.

El Sloth

Banned

Evo's gonna be a blowup.
Rest of the world can always poverty train with KingBlackToof's USF4 mod. Better than nothing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
However, I'd argue that the more important title is in relation to the biggest news of the week:

Short, simple, poignant.

As much as DH being bought by Amazon makes for a good thread title, it's not the most relevant FGC thing that happened last week or will happen next week.
Agreed.

Also yeah, titles with URLs in them suck.

El Sloth

Banned
FGW | Sochi and Brazil on the Road to Evo

Yeah, I'm trying this one again!

Short, simple, poignant.

Would have preferred this one for last/this week.

Top Bottom