• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 2-8 | Capcom does the Monster Nash

Horseress

Another Invitational for big money at SXSW.
http://www.sxswgaming.gg

GAytYej.png

MARCH THO

Wow so many awesome events, thank you money.

Praise be

I love how Nemo is retweeting all of the tweets that Kazunoko made of Red Bull. Kazunoko had a red bull for every episode of kachitagari as well.

I love how Nemo is retweeting all of the tweets that Kazunoko made of Red Bull. Kazunoko had a red bull for every episode of kachitagari as well.

If Kazunoko picked up SF4 seriously a year earlier than he actually did, maybe he would have been sponsored over Mago but noooooope

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
You two aren't who I was talking about. Trying to snatch up someone else's compliment, smh you sound like a buncha yams

Although I had no idea Smedwicks and Blackule were AIB heads. I was a ladder ref there for a bit and quit when I noticed the moderation team weren't allowed to do shit.

Even when I'm gone, Beef finds some way to put me into the mix. I feel like we need to face each other again, its been almost a year since we faced each other. I still remember that 10-5, it was painful to swallow all that pride.

Prison School is getting an anime this summer.

It won't be done to capacity. The manga is a work of art.

Smug was invited, but declined due to school.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So did this dude really make a documentary about himself? wtf

It almost felt arrogant lol. i dont mean to disrespect the guy, if he wants to do it, do it, but don't have yourself being displayed as one of the best players or "perfecting" a character...

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
It almost felt arrogant lol. i dont mean to disrespect the guy, if he wants to do it, do it, but don't have yourself being displayed as one of the best players or "perfecting" a character...

Yeah. I mean, even FGC docs where the creators aren't just talking about themselves seem extremely self-fellating, while that dude was actually sucking his own dick.

Horseress

So did this dude really make a documentary about himself? wtf

It took me some time to realize it was all about himself :lol it sounded so ridiculous I couldn't believe it at first

And in the trailer he was all like "man I have to win EVO I trained for it blablabla". Now he's playing and....he sucks

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
honestly, bigger prize pools in e-sports are chipping away at my belief that education comes first

Exactly, besides, Smug can go to all the tournaments he can afford to go to after he has a stable job, plus he'll still be young and still in his prime. Patience is a virtue.

Edit:

Wait Chin was in wu-tang?

mbpm1

Exactly, besides, Smug can go to all the tournaments he can afford to go to after he has a stable job, plus he'll still be young and still in his prime. Patience is a virtue.

Well you know how smug plays

first round he just blocks a lot

second and/or third round he starts the crazy mixups

therefore i predict for the first few months smug concentrates and downloads his syllabus and the next he bodies the school system while going to tourneys again

MrDaravon

Man, Capcom needs to release Ultra for PS4 already.

I have this weird worry that something is going to be broken or weird with the PS4 port of this. Even if it's kinda shitty I get why the Pro Cup stuff is going to be on PS4, but I do think it's a legitimate worry that you're forcing everyone to upgrade to a version that is unknown and could potentially run slightly different from other versions. And that's ignoring the apparent pain in the ass it is to get PS4 sticks right now, there being no fightpads on PS4 (at least yet I think?) etc. So many legitimate logistical issues outside of just forcing people to pay the $ to upgrade to PS4 if they haven't already.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

therefore i predict for the first few months smug concentrates and downloads his syllabus and the next he bodies the school system while going to tourneys again

i9DJvVFwDF5ax.png

fader

that was pretty gdlk

Spacebar

I have this weird worry that something is going to be broken or weird with the PS4 port of this. Even if it's kinda shitty I get why the Pro Cup stuff is going to be on PS4, but I do think it's a legitimate worry that you're forcing everyone to upgrade to a version that is unknown and could potentially run slightly different from other versions. And that's ignoring the apparent pain in the ass it is to get PS4 sticks right now, there being no fightpads on PS4 (at least yet I think?) etc. So many legitimate logistical issues outside of just forcing people to pay the $ to upgrade to PS4 if they haven't already.

I'm going to be salty as hell if the online doesn't work better than the steam version.

It took me some time to realize it was all about himself :lol it sounded so ridiculous I couldn't believe it at first

And in the trailer he was all like "man I have to win EVO I trained for it blablabla". Now he's playing and....he sucks

this post killed me, along with this avatar as always

Kumubou

honestly, bigger prize pools in e-sports are chipping away at my belief that education comes first
And what happens when the money runs out? Or if you make that run and come up short? Now you're some scrub with no money and no future.

I guess it's one of those things where if you fail you want to fail quickly -- if you try to go pro and bomb out in a year, it shouldn't be too difficult to go back to school. Whereas if you dick around for 4-5 years and come up blank (or have enough success to sustain yourself during that time but little else), where do you go from there?

Top Bottom