• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 2-8 | Capcom does the Monster Nash

So is Luffy officially a fraud now? I feel like it's a tradition for EVO Champs to eventually go through a period of getting bopped and having their skill called into question. But with him, it seemed more severe. I just assumed it was some NA players still salty that a European took it before us.

Also, how many more damn tournaments have to occur before Snake vs Bonchan happens?! The latter only comes out to U.S. for EVO :(

Luffy is going to do a ft10 against Sako on Wednesday. Let's see what happens.

Looks like Daigo is going to give a special lecture at that anime school that recently announced their esports major.

B_GoDCsUoAAbX2y.jpg

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

I feel like I'm in the minority when I say that Frieza actually looks dope.

Kinda hype for that DBZ flick now.

Finally, a comrade!

Looks like Daigo is going to give a special lecture at that anime school that recently announced their esports major.

10 years in the future, they'll be dominating all of America and getting that esports money.

Busaiku

After their Evo wins, Fuudo, and Infiltration were like unstoppable for like the rest of their respective years.

4r5

4r5
You're MD, how the fuck don't we play, either online or in person (in person is obvious, I never can get to Xanadu)

I generally don't play fighters online. And I haven't been out to many places, other than Xanadu, lately. I've been propping up the MD GG scene for like 5+ years now, so if you do any offline GG in public spaces, it would be odd if we haven't met.

Edit: That is, if you are anywhere around DC or Baltimore.

Thores

Is goku okay? His voice seems a bit...yeah. I know that he's voiced by a woman, but he seems a lot more shrill in this one.

His Japanese voice actress is nearly 80 now. That's the best she can do these days, and Japan is really really weird about replacing voice actors.

Zissou

I said unduly though :p
Playing against legit Ram players is terror incarnate- would rather go back to marvel and fight Morridoom than deal with Ram.
I'd even rather fight Elph!

Random aside: do ya'll think street fighter or a game very similar to street fighter could work with a three button scheme (think light, medium, heavy- no separate punch/buttons). By 'work' I mean 'play similarly while losing minimal meaningful complexity.' In SF4, how many legit useful normals does the average character have?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Id be fine with leaving Ram how she is now if they just shrank her fucking swords by 50%

Not even Mu was that stupid.

Actually Mu would fit more in GG and Ram more in BB :l

Random aside: do ya'll think street fighter or a game very similar to street fighter could work with a three button scheme (think light, medium, heavy- no separate punch/buttons). By 'work' I mean 'play similarly while losing minimal meaningful complexity.' In SF4, how many legit useful normals does the average character have?

Many normals that are neither good pokes nor good antiairs can be useful. An example would be Ryu/Ken's stHP being a high-stun counterpoke to Bison's stMK.

If normals like these were to be lost it would affect high level play in the sense that the already fairly strict rules of how to play a matchup "right" would be even further constricted. But for players who always play by the book and in a low-risk fashion, they would not even notice if these normals were missing.

Generally, a 3-button scheme would not be too hard to make work in a footsie-style game assuming that there were still multiple ways to make a button have a variant (such as neutral, jumping, crouching, command normals, and simultaneous button presses).

hypernima

Banned
I generally don't play fighters online. And I haven't been out to many places, other than Xanadu, lately. I've been propping up the MD GG scene for like 5+ years now, so if you do any offline GG in public spaces, it would be odd if we haven't met.

Edit: That is, if you are anywhere around DC or Baltimore.

Man, I'm mostly an online warrior.
I've been trying to play GG in MD for years, but time and money always an issue for me. I know people in the MD/VA group say its no excuse, but getting to Arbutus is a crazy struggle.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

You could but it requires command normals

Top Bottom