• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 30 - April 6 | High Speed Korean Downloads

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Only way I really watch movies anymore is on my tablet. And rarely all the way through at once.

Nothing really comes out that I can't wait to see on my own time. Most movies are predictable anyways so spoilers doesn't really bother me.

And movies aren't the cheap date they used to be. Not really feeling paying 30-40 dollars to sit quietly next to a girl during another super hero movie

My girlfriend would get mad if I saw a movie in the theater without her. But we don't like the same types of movies, and I sure as shit am not paying money and sitting down to watch the notebook 2.

So I just don't go to the movies anymore. 6 months later blurays are fairly cheap anyway.

I'm about to watch speedracer because I heard the effects and sound are great. Looks pretty dumb though.

FG related: while I'm guessing PS3 controllers are still banned, Mr. Wizard did mention PS4 controllers being a perfect solution a while back. I believe it was a twitter exchange with Bronson. So maybe Kor's army of whiners will come out and we can stop pretending that they represent Tekken as a whole.

OBS sucks even more than that KFC filth.

Fried chicken isn't good.

I'd like to introduce you to a new world of flavor:

bsya8yziyazcen2tufqd.jpg

Devid905

It's weird having no idea how to speak Japanese, so I hear a long strong of apparent gibberish. Then, in the middle of that apparent gibberish, I hear "hadoken" and "shoryuken". Hey, I know those words! Hahaha.
Gibberish has been translated (not by me, though):
Rolento is a character with extremely high mobility, which is what he uses for his gameplan. With his roll move, you can freely build distance from your opponent, and with his walljump you can instantly close said distance and go on the offensive if yo uwish.

Using his Stinger projectile effectively can really break down your opponent's offensive choices. A noteworthy move for Rolento is his jumping medium punch. This move does several hits, so your opponents can't avoid it with a focus-backdash, since the focus will break. From this move, you can then move into a combo.

Another noteworthy move is his airborne down-medium kick. This move lets Rolento bounce up after his attack, so if you do this against an opponent who is blocking, you can follow it up with either a crossup medium kick, or a heavy punch which will hit in the front instead.

Rolento's Ultra Combo 2 can move through projectiles, so if you play patiently and wait until they throw a projectile, you can react with this and shut down their fireball game.

Rolento is a very technical character, so I think that people who enjoy playing such characters should give him a chance. I also feel, on a personal level, that he's very well suited for the new Ultra Combo Double system. Ultra 1 is good to use in combos, while Ultra 2 lets you attack through fireballs, so I think that having both of these at your disposal is very effective.
The new character Poison has a Hadouken projectile, she can anti-air with a Shoryuken, and she's a character who is incredibly easy to use. She possesses a good backdash, and has quick movement speed, and her projectiles have good speed while moving. I think that she ends up feeling very similar to Chun-Li or Rose.

My impression after having some time with Poison is that, out of Ultra Street Fighter 4's new characters, she's the easiest one to play.

As earlier mentioned, she has a projectile, an uppercut, solid movement and her moves are easy to use. I definitely feel that Poison is a great choice for players who are unsure as to which character they'd like to play in Ultra Street Fighter 4.
Nothing on Makoto.........yet.

Beckx

Hey enzo, there's a robot fighting tournament at Super Arcade next Saturday, can you add it to next week's thread? There's at least three Gundam Gaf and related people going to play. Here are the details.

Vector Strike: Special Gundam / Virtual-On Event April 12th 2014

Mech Warriors UNITE!

On April 12th we will be hosting the very first Mech event that will consist of:
Gundam Extreme Versus Full Boost
Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram
Virtual-On Force

Reminder:
Gundam EXVSFB & Virtual-On Force are 2v2 Teams
Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram is 1v1

Looking For A Partner?
we also created a Facebook page for the event too
if your looking for a partner for 2v2's be sure to visit the page and post up
you can find that page here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/631007390287567/

Gundamn EXVS Full Boost Rules:
Mobile Suit Gundam Exteme: Vs Full Boost will take place on the PlayStation 3(PS3) console.
2v2 team format
Double elimination
Matches will be best 2 out of 3 games
Each game is 1 round
2 out of 3 games for preliminaries, losers, and winners finals.
3 out of 5 games for grand finals.
Round timer: 240 sec
Stage Select: Side 7 only
Winner cannot change character but can change burst type
Loser can change character
No game breaking exploits, bugs, or anything that causes the system to crash
DLC released after 1/30/2014 is banned

Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram Rules:
Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram will take place on the Xbox 360 console.
1v1 format
Double elimination
2 out of 3 games for preliminaries
3 out of 5 games for losers final, winners finals & grand finals.
Round timer: default
Stage Select: random select
winning player cannot change VR
losing player can change VR

Virtual-On Force Rules:
Virtual-On Force will take place on the Xbox 360 console.
2v2 team format
Double elimination
Each game is 1 round
2 out of 3 games for preliminaries, losers, and winners finals.
3 out of 5 games for grand finals.
Round timer: default
Stage Select: random select
winning team cannot change VR
losing team can change VR

Hardware:
PlayStation 3 For Gundam EXVS Full Boost
Xbox360 for Virtual-On

1211 N. Grand Ave
Walnut California

Fee:
Venue Fee: $5.00 Per Person - this fee also gets you access to all the stations through out the entire day for casual play
(when not in use by tournament matches)
we will have 16 setups available for you guys to play from opening to closing.
Virtual-On: Force $10.00 Buy In Per Team
Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram $5.00 Buy In Per Person
Gundam EXVS Full Boost $10.00 Buy In Per Team

Start Times:
Arcade (Venue) Opens at 12:00PM
Station will be up and running for Casuals Play at 4:00PM
Virtual-On Force Tournament Begins at 5:00PM
Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram Tournament Begins at 6:00PM
Gundam EXVS Full Boost Tournament Begins at 7:00PM

Please Provide Your Own Controllers

online brackets will be available at iebattlegrounds.challonge.com

live stream will be provided by us at http://www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds

and make sure you follow us on twitter for updates also https://twitter.com/iebattlegrounds

13081505494_007c8ec952_o.gif

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
There are quite a few OTG assists in the game but OTG assists have lost favor.

Chris has a safer DHC in and his assist is far more useful than Wesker's (the machine gun assist). Those two factors make Chris a superior support over Wesker.

OTG assists aren't that valuable in Ultimate.

For a lot of characters, it's best to combine an OTG move from the point character with a projectile assist. That allows for OTG combos plus an assist that can actually help you in the neutral game.

Wesker's shot was considerably more valuable in vanilla when OTG moves weren't as widespread. Morrigan and Magneto are the only two relevant point characters I can think of who can't self-OTG for a combo, and in Magneto's case it usually isn't relevant because he doesn't need to OTG in order to convert off of throws in the first place.

In tournament play it's definitely not seen as much, but ease of OTG combos even if the character in play can already self-OTG (e.g. Hulk) plus conversions off throws when they can't do it solo is bigger than Chris' machine gun assist to me. It's fine by nature in the sense of it being a projectile assist, but Wesker's even sets up resets and unblockables, which again, doesn't show up in tournament play, but is so much more valuable. To me at least.

And I don't know if I'd say Chris' DHC is better than Wesker's - safer probably if you don't know how to get around his explosions, but in an actual combo, Wesker's connects with everyone's, while Chris' doesn't, which is why I have to time DHCs far differently with him than anyone else I play with.

Keits

Developer
Divekick Addition Edition, free update to Divekick if you already own it, comes out today!

Goodbye vanilla! New version has blind select in online ranked play and has been totally rebalanced.

Top Bottom