• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Norcal Regionals CEO Dreamland Hypespotting 04/14-04/16

Blueblur1

No offense to Pokken fans but I'm still so so glad it didn't win the EVO donation contest. It ran so long during last EVO. Ugh.

Punk is 20-0 vs Fuudo historically? WTF, I don't remember anybody's demon having that kind of record against them in SFV or SF4.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Punk is 20-0 vs Fuudo historically? WTF, I don't remember anybody's demon having that kind of record against them in SFV or SF4.

Punk's been giving Fuudo the bop for a while now. The kid really is talented and gets a lot of respect from Japan. On twitter they (Daigo and that) invited him to their table when they were drinking.

Tripon

Basically Punk right now.
74d561671da8db679b638191ad1e3e22.1000x750x1.jpg

Weird, Punk had only 1 opportunity to tea bag Fuudo because I think he only landed one stun and he didn't teabag. Almost like he forgot about it.

Dahbomb

I haven't seen her in anyone's top five. I don't follow the scene too closely tho. It's always Guile, Balrog, Urien, Necali, and Ibuki.
What the top 5 (minus Guile) have in common is that they have degenerate V trigger come back mechanics. Karin doesn't exactly have that compared to stuff like Laura, Balrog, Ibuki and Urien. It means that even when they are losing they can steal matches. Karin has some comeback factor to her but it's not on the level of those characters.

Cammy is another exception and most people consider her top 5 as well. But she has superior anti airs, better pressure and ways to change her jump in trajectory so she edges Karin out.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Hard to say wasn't last week premier an all Japanese Grand final in Japan.

Was Punk or Du at the tournament? The top Japanese players came to NCR and lost to these kids. They have been laying down the beat downs for a while now. Hell, Du is the Capcom Cup champ..and yet again he is in a grand final.

Gonna be interesting how Japan and the rest of the world hit back in future events.

Ninjimbo

I wouldn't say it's crazy for someone to argue that, sure. But in a game with Balrog, Laura, Urien, Cammy and Guile, people usually won't put her all the way up there.
They need to see Punk play then. Man, it's beautiful. Maximum usage of Karin and he's liquifying Du.

Top Bottom