• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm on Chapter 4 and I'm starting to dig it more. I want more interactions with the characters. The side piece narrative was killing it for me and I was getting nervous that some of the magic was gone.

I really enjoy FF7remake/intergrade so my hopes have been really high. Just finished those two games too so I'm coming into rebirth hot.

Edit - anyone else save scumming for the mass effect style options? I don't have it in me to let any of my teammates down 😭

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Finally started today and it's pretty surreal seeing all these memorable places this gorgeous.

Coming off playing Elden Ring I do dread playing another 100+ hour game though. Especially since it seems like to get a lot of the extras, you need to do a run on hard. And I'm assuming you don't get the option to be placed at specific points within said chapters, you gotta do the whole chapters all over again?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I am playing on an LED TV instead of an OLED and it's as smooth as butter in 30fps. Unless the 60fps is fixed which I doubt as it will still be nerfed due to the massive scale, LED TV is the way to go.

Doomtrain

I just finished up the Grasslands. I dig the combat and I generally think the writing and dialogue is good, but the open world feels pretty bad. Of my 10 hours in the game so far, maybe 3 of those have felt like playing FF, and the rest felt like playing any average Ubisoft open world game, where you spend all your time following markers in the UI and completing checklists of mundane tasks. Like the first VII Remake, I have a feeling this is going to be a game with some major highlights but also a ton of unnecessary bloat.

Flabagast

I just finished up the Grasslands. I dig the combat and I generally think the writing and dialogue is good, but the open world feels pretty bad. Of my 10 hours in the game so far, maybe 3 of those have felt like playing FF, and the rest felt like playing any average Ubisoft open world game, where you spend all your time following markers in the UI and completing checklists of mundane tasks. Like the first VII Remake, I have a feeling this is going to be a game with some major highlights but also a ton of unnecessary bloat.
Get gets better don’t worry.

The Junon area is spectacular, I just reached the upper level and I can’t believe what my eyes are seeing

I am playing on an LED TV instead of an OLED and it's as smooth as butter in 30fps. Unless the 60fps is fixed which I doubt as it will still be nerfed due to the massive scale, LED TV is the way to go.
Spawncast tonight were pretty down on the graphics mode. Textures (at times) aside, the game looks/runs fantastic on an OLED. 30fps does not bother me at all in this game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
25 hours down, just made it to Costa Del Sol! Boy this game is something special.

Flabagast

Every time Cloud talks to Tifa or Aerith. I miss Jessie though 🥲

When the two girls are together they tease Cloud so much, it’s so so funny.

The more I play the more I fall in love with the game and its characters. It could not have been better.

I was hesitant at first but yeah, this is a massive step up in comparison with the first

Nickolaidas

Aaah ... Steam version can't come fast enough. Good news is that PC version will immediately have the modding community make changes to lighting with either ENB or other filters. Hopefully the Steam Version won't have texture issues as well.

Go_Ly_Dow

The more I play the more I fall in love with the game and its characters. It could not have been better.

I was hesitant at first but yeah, this is a massive step up in comparison with the first

The character interaction, banter and all of that is amazing. They've carried on the character development very well from Remake.

It's impressive as pulling it off with so many characters present at once in each scene (with only more to come) must have taken a shit ton of time to develop. Especially when the cutscene direction is this good.

Nickolaidas

The character interaction, banter and all of that is amazing. They've carried on the character development very well from Remake.

It's impressive as pulling it off with so many characters present at once in each scene (with only more to come) must have taken a shit ton of time to develop. Especially when the cutscene direction is this good.
Are there a lot of scenes with characters other than Cloud interacting with each other without Cloud being included in the talk / scene?

I really want the game to give me the impression all those characters learned and interacted with each other, not just with Cloud. Like, scenes/dialogue with Cait Sith and Red XIII only, or Barrett with Aerith.

Go_Ly_Dow

Do we have any ideas about first sales number ?

I really want it to do well, in order for Part 3 to be spectacular

Probably by the end of March about 3-4mil sold. Also I wouldn't worry on that front. They've now assured the Remake project is a success.

Part 1 the game is now at about 8mil sold. Not factoring in all the revenues from merchandise and the sales boost it's given the OG and other FF7 games. Also they would have made a ton from exclusivity deals with Sony and Epic and Japanese games cost less to develop.

Rebirth the reception is excellent so will sell well. Even if after 4 years the sales were like 6-8mil it would be very profitable.

Part 3 I would think it should cost less to develop than Rebirth but has an even more refined and streamlined development and so it will be impressive.

I know a few people who are seeing the reception for Rebirth who are now just starting Remake. When part 3 releases there will be people jumping in and buying the full trilogy. So the sales strategy will be long term. In a nutshell no need to worry about part 3 not being spectacular lol.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
The lighting might be the only complaint I have about the game. I get that bad textures can happen, so I won’t knock that every surface isn’t jaw dropping. But I’m not sure what the excuse is for the terrible lighting.

SCB3

Well I will say, at least this game is finally making people realise that Clouds love interest is Tifa and not Aerith like people have claimed since 1998

Use offensive Synergy skills (Block + face button) to build teammates ATB barss if you are rarely switching char.

Use abilities to gain synergy charge (5 block below atb bar). Some abilities didn't give you charge, read the tooltips

Use synergy abilities when you have enough synergy charge (0 atb bar cost) Both party members must have adequate charge
I think they really messed up by locking extra ATB gauge and lvl 2 limit breaks behind synergy abilities.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bb5MCEc.jpeg

Since Thursday. Just reached Corel. Never ever has padding been this good.

Last edited:

SCB3

Bb5MCEc.jpeg

Since Thursday. Just reached Corel. Never ever has padding been this good.
I'm only at Chapter 4 with maybe 15 hours and yea I can see myself sinking a lot of time into this, I am considering replaying the first game again on hard after this

NeoLed

Anyone know how to use the hourglass synergy abilities? Like Relentless Rush

The tooltops says increase stagger potency and extend stagger time

Tried three times to a staggered enemy, but I see no percentage/potency increase and I can't feel the longer time too

I'm just going to keep saying it, the game is fucking incredible. Entire Junon chapter was spectacular top to bottom, sequences that were once simple elevated to the grandiose, environments absolutely jaw-dropping and then you've got all the new stuff on top of it all. One thing I'm enjoying most is the banter of the characters and different relationship dynamics, Tifa and Aerith in particular are fantastic and I have had numerous laugh out loud moments throughout, recent Red cutscene, I can't get over it lol.

Just reached Costa Del Sol and Rebirth continues to surprise and delight, I was particularly pleased with what preceded my arrival here, the competition never stood a chance... Onward and upward, Alexander summon just became available, was always one of my faves, curious to see how it's depicted here.

Last edited:

The first had a bit of padding at times but the characters and overall pacing was near flawless for me. The mine area/grasslands really had me worried with Rebirth but once Ch4 got going, I started feeling the magic return and I'm fully on board now.

Still have no intention of doing any of the side quest stuff though. Maybe on NG+.

Top Bottom