• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.
Square needs to give this another graphics pass ...they need to add Ambient Occlusion to large swathes of the game as well as fix that nasty lighting transition "bug"

Out of all the big AAA heavy hitters that I've been let down visually by (like ps5 exclusives that I expected more out of given there was no Ps4 to hold back dev), I have to say this one has the lowest fidelity of the bunch.

Just fixing the two issues I mentioned would go a long way towards improving the graphics. The thing they can't improve is probably the texture quality being significantly lower than ff7 Integrade (which looks great on ps5).

My copy didn't arrive in time for the weekend but it worked out kind of perfect in a way. Replayed remake on hard for the platinum and probably will have just enough time to replay and platinum Yuffie DLC as well assuming my copy arrives while I'm at work on Monday.

These games need to let you use hard mode from the start man. I really enjoyed the characters and story in remake except for the spectre/visions nonsense but I couldn't appreciate the battle system at the time when every fight is so easy on normal that I could brute force my way through bosses without understanding how things work. Enjoying combat a lot more and learned a lot more about how things work on hard difficulty.

Actually, I need to platinum Yuffie DLC in time just so I can delete the game to make space otherwise I won't have room for rebirth lol

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Game looks good in the sense that its very colorful and full of atmosphere.

But gameplay related. Aerith feels weak in this game doesn't she?

I feel like she is useless actually. She does have Ward, but others can cast spells too. And they can build ATB much quicker, as well as increase stagger and dish out raw damage. Besides, everyone has elemental abilities now. There is little point in casting magic. I feel like i am losing time trying to build ATB with Aerith, use it up on a ward and build it up again.

The game is even easier if you abuse synergy specials.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just so I have an idea, how does it look compared to remake on PS5? A little better, a little worse, the same?
The scale of Rebirth is waaaaaaaaaay bigger than Remake and environments much more richer but as result it has lot more rough spots compare to Remake.

But man the locals can look downright gorgeous!

Last edited:

Synless

Just so I have an idea, how does it look compared to remake on PS5? A little better, a little worse, the same?
Honestly, it’s worse and better.

Meaning overall the package is better looking but it’s very inconsistent. Midgar was much tighter and controlled I think so they didn’t have to worry as much and the game looked great. This game is massive in scope and therefore larger inconsistencies are present like the screens you see.

I think overall it’s glorious though.

Dynasty8

For the first time ever I am choosing graphics/30fps over performance/60fps. Jesus... the game looks like a Switch title in performance mode. Other than that I am absolutely loving it so far. Way better than XVI...and Queen's Blood is amazing.

Never have I wanted a game to release on PC at launch like this game. Would have solved my only complaint.

I like that Red XIII rides a chocobo too.

I think I'm going to skip on the entirety of side quests. I'm 4 hours in and I just want to see the set pieces and story between the main characters. I don't want to activate towers and things like that. It's just one tutorial after the next so far. Forcing myself to keep playing at this point. 🤷

Madflavor

Gold Member
Game looks good in the sense that its very colorful and full of atmosphere.

But gameplay related. Aerith feels weak in this game doesn't she?

I feel like she is useless actually. She does have Ward, but others can cast spells too. And they can build ATB much quicker, as well as increase stagger and dish out raw damage. Besides, everyone has elemental abilities now. There is little point in casting magic. I feel like i am losing time trying to build ATB with Aerith, use it up on a ward and build it up again.

The game is even easier if you abuse synergy specials.

Aerith is the best mage in the game. Lay dawn Arcane Ward, and don’t dodge. Just run and kite enemies/bosses far from the ward. Shoot at them. Once they get close to you, use ward shift to teleport you to the opposite side of the map where the Arcane Ward is. You’ll have tons of breathing room to attack and build ATB.

She’s weak early on. But once you get equipment and build options to build ATB quickly for her, that bitch can lay down disgusting damage.

It’s also worth mentioning she is by far the best healer.

Kazdane

Gold Member
it's the reveal when you finish all of his stuff.

Video under tags.

Right! I beat everything on Hard (both Remake + Intermission) and I remembered the scene the moment it started playing on the video you linked. It had totally slipped my mind. Thanks!!

Honestly, it’s worse and better.

Meaning overall the package is better looking but it’s very inconsistent. Midgar was much tighter and controlled I think so they didn’t have to worry as much and the game looked great. This game is massive in scope and therefore larger inconsistencies are present like the screens you see.

I think overall it’s glorious though.
yeah I thought parts of midgar looked awesome, I dont think I'll be upset

Given somewhat like 22 hrs to this game already and I'm in chapter 2 only just got my chocobo. Doing tons of side quests. I felt remake was fine, nothing great but rebirth is upright wonderful, especially with the story.

They've greatly improved combat system, animations and scale. The open world feels pleasant and fun to explore. Graphically the characters might seem the same but the other structures of the world looks good. Devs have poured their effort in this game, it's evident.

also, what setup/party members are you using to get by on normal difficulty? I got my arse kicked in one battle. Only Red XIII was the last one standing and finished the job (barely). I feel he's the strongest in party. Sometimes perform better then cloud.

Not a big fan of how the Enemy Skill materia is handled in this game. It's probably the only thing I'd consider a downgrade from Remake so far. I much prefer the classic Blue Mage method of learning skills instead of dealing with stupid Chadley lol

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Not a big fan of how the Enemy Skill materia is handled in this game. It's probably the only thing I'd consider a downgrade from Remake so far. I much prefer the classic Blue Mage method of learning skills instead of dealing with stupid Chadley lol

Really I hate the new weapon upgrade system with the books and and also the fact the summons that carry over from the first game can't be upgraded like the new ones...

So effectively after like the second zone you won't be using ifirit ever again for example. I will say that the second skill you get with the Enemy Skill materia that it gave me is insanely broken, keep it on cloud for that reason.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
12 hours in, currently in chapter 4. Did the grasslands to 100% haha this game has its hooks in me presently.

Thabass

Gold Member
26 hours in and made it to CDS.

Easily the best single player FF game. There's no doubt in my mind. I don't know how Square will top this.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Nickolaidas

For all the people who are playing this:

How much more improved and expanded does this game feel like compared to Remake? In terms of content? Map exploration? Non-linear-ity?

Top Bottom