• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Releases March 3, 2020 - New Trailer

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Saw this in a shitty quality stream of a concert Square was hosting. They showed a brief trailer (mini version of the one they will show tomorrow) and announced the date.

D.Final

Banned
Wait, don't open other conversations right away.

I have already requested the update of the previous conversation.
We continue there.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Wait, don't open other conversations right away.

I have already requested the update of the previous conversation.
We continue there.

New news, new thread

Tiamat2san

Day one, sleepless nights in perspective before cyberpunk. And with tales of arise , 2020 will be a good year for RPG lovers!
Hyyyyype!

D.Final

Banned
New news, new thread

It was to avoid double discussions, I suppose.

And above all to keep more order in general.

Since we had created a discussion for the new trailer of the concert, in fact.

But if that's okay for you, it's ok for me.
I said it just to help.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
This trailer shows some new scenes that weren't present in the original. Cloud and Aerith's last scene is the most noticeable one.

Also, Cloud's Punisher skill is now called Punisher Mode. Hmmm.
It was to avoid double discussions, I suppose.

And above all to keep more order in general.

Since we had created a discussion for the new trailer of the concert, in fact.

But if that's okay for you, it's ok for me.
I said it just to help.
I completely forgot about your thread when I made this one, I'm sorry. :messenger_tears_of_joy: It was an adrenaline rush.

mortal

Gold Member
Releases in march 2020, All of the scenes and gameplay we've seen doesn't seem to go past Midgar.

I hope we get more information at their conference about the episodic format. Atm It's feeling we're getting an open world Midgar for Part 1

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
This trailer shows some new scenes that weren't present in the original. Cloud and Aerith's last scene is the most noticeable one.

Also, Cloud's Punisher skill is now called Punisher Mode. Hmmm.

I completely forgot about your thread when I made this one, I'm sorry. :messenger_tears_of_joy: It was an adrenaline rush.

It was to avoid confusion.
And the double discussions.
But of course I also hear the Hype.

Green_Eyes

I really can't be arsed for another action RPG, my brain wants to relax; all this adhd adhering gameplay and visuals is doing my head in...

mortal

Gold Member
48034379772_9bc05fb095_b.jpg

Wait wait wait..... This remake is done in parts? As in we won't get the whole game in this remake?

How many parts will the remake be split into?

At what point in the game will they suddenly stop?

How many more years will we have to wait for part 2?

WTF?!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait wait wait..... This remake is done in parts? As in we won't get the whole game in this remake?

WTF?!
We'll probably find out tomorrow at the E3 presser

Fbh

Having a date is cool but I'm more impressed it was a gameplay trailer. Seems like everyone else just brought "cinematic" trailers to E3

WTF?!

You'll have to watch tomorrow.
Anyway, I think the original plan was 3 parts but recent rumours have said it might have been reduced to 2.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

What's up with Aerith at the end of the video?
Seems like they're going to try and flesh out her connection with the life stream. My guess is those are spirits of the dead or something like that. I haven't played the original in a while so I don't quite remember what her Cetra abilities entail.

Notice that once she touched Cloud he was able to see them too.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm guessing the March 2020 date is for PS4 only. Now I'm wondering how long until it shows up on other platforms too

Last edited:

GenericUser

I don't know. I don't like what I see. Everything is over the top and super fast. That's not what I remember when I think about the original.

Psajdak

Banned
The entire series is actually over the top, and super fast, that is, what characters are actually doing - they fight and win against gigantic monsters, demons, gods, legendary dragons, etc..

It just wasn't that obvious in older games.

As for trailer, I only watched Japanese one; I believe bearded guy (forgot his name) who works for Shinra at the start is voiced by Hiroshi Yanaka, very good seiyu.
And if that is that same character I believe he is, he definitely seems more serious than his original self.

Top Bottom