• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Releases March 3, 2020 - New Trailer

Ellis

ZDsXFG1.jpg

nHjsbje.png

Awesome!

Gonna need that screen in uncompressed 80000x120000 resolution .png form ASAP.

Bigrx1

Banned
I don't know, I'm less hyped than I was at the very first reveal that the remake was being done. I think a lot of that is knowing that this is just the first part of 3, likely won't even have the FULL game until late 2020's is my guess. Even so, I think I've just gotten older too and have lost some of that Final Fantasy zest. I'm much more excited for Cyperpunk to be honest.

Pallas

Wonder if they will show off more at their E3 event, like some of the other characters, it’ll be interesting to see Rufus, Scarlet and such.

Ellis

I want to slap myself for saying this, but those English voices fit Cloud and Barret much better than the Japanese ones.

Usually never the case with most Japanese games I play.

sublimit

Banned
I'm already tired seeing only Midgar in the trailers. I'm starting to worry that part 1 will only have the Midgar section.

What they have shown looks good though and i also like the new touches to the story.

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

Man Square Enix can fuck off with their timed exclusive releases...

Its the same with all other FF games besides FF15 this gen...

And then they have the balls to ask for full price on Xbox after releasing all their PS2 ports a year later...

Pathethic company.

TTOOLL

Do you guys think this will be playable on the PS5 through backward compatibility or will they make an exclusive version for next-gen consoles?

danielberg

Neophyte
Do you guys think this will be playable on the PS5 through backward compatibility or will they make an exclusive version for next-gen consoles?

Yes to both, backwards compatibility is a thing and SE will probably release "Final mix" versions and later complete editions all over every system including pc.

D.Final

Banned

Given that both PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will be backwards compatible, even on PS5 you can play games like Death Stranding, Cyberpunk 2077, and of course Final Fantasy VII Remake.
(without new editions remastered only for that console)

Mista

Banned
Rebuilding and expanding upon the legendary RPG for today, Final Fantasy VII Remake tells the story of a world fallen under the control of the Shinra Electric Power Company, a shadowy corporation controlling the planet’s very life force as mako energy. In the sprawling city of Midgar, an anti-Shinra organization calling themselves Avalanche have stepped up their resistance. Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra’s elite SOLDIER unit now turned mercenary, lends his aid to the group, unaware of the epic adventures that await him.

HOLD ON, HOLD MY PANTS!

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake_2019_06-09-19_001.jpg

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
I think they have already told us it would be ending with Aeris's death.

They have not officially said anything of the sort. What you are referring to is a “leak” that most people believe to be fake.

If all it is is Midgar it’ll end at the motorcycle escape and be like 4 parts. If it’s 2 parts it’ll end at the North Crater I believe as that was a major closing chapter for the original, complete with a mini time jump.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Can someone post a screenshot of the new poster? Whatever format it is posted in the OP I'm not even able to get the link and find the image through roundabout ways, I can understand the video being video, but why not just post static images as images so everyone can view them.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
HOLD ON, HOLD MY PANTS!

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake_2019_06-09-19_001.jpg

Every time I see Sephitoth, I think about how many epic battles were fought to get to the final showdown with Cloud.
Simply Epic.

Hype over 9999 x 15 = Omnislash

Cp60VeI.gif

And I'm also curious to see if more details have been added to the stories and backgrounds of Avalance members.

Last edited:

base

Banned
They have not officially said anything of the sort. What you are referring to is a “leak” that most people believe to be fake.

If all it is is Midgar it’ll end at the motorcycle escape and be like 4 parts. If it’s 2 parts it’ll end at the North Crater I believe as that was a major closing chapter for the original, complete with a mini time jump.
Highly doubt it. If if were 4 episode it would take another 12 years of development. The remake was announced back in 2015. 2 parts or nothing.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Highly doubt it. If if were 4 episode it would take another 12 years of development. The remake was announced back in 2015. 2 parts or nothing.

Oh I believe it’ll be 2 parts, I just think the leak that the info came from is full of false information otherwise. Just so happens to be a broken clock

base

Banned
Oh I believe it’ll be 2 parts, I just think the leak that the info came from is full of false information otherwise. Just so happens to be a broken clock
2 parts would be a good idea anyway. The 2nd part would be released for ps5 with better graphics.

Naked Lunch

The super flashy combat with those crazy light effects actually hurt my eyes.
Plus all those grunts and sighs are pretty cringe worthy.
Im not sure about this one...

RPGCrazied

Nice to finally have a release date. But man everything I want to play is 2020 but Star Wars. Unless Nintendo shocks me on Tuesday(they won't) its kinda disappointing.

Bennettt2

seems like the shadowy flying things circling aerith and cloud are connected to Sephiroth coz you can see them in the poster

Pagusas

Elden Member
2 parts would be a good idea anyway. The 2nd part would be released for ps5 with better graphics.

It’s probably a good thing the full world map exploration via the Highwind will be saved for PS5. They better make that happen, and it better be amazing. I’m imaging Just Cause open word tech with the highwind fully controllable and no load times. And Knights of the Round better be wayyyyyyy off and hard as hell to get to.

Top Bottom