• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Aggelos said:
Square-Enix's usual policy about the trailers
I expect about 10 sites will put it online anyway. Minimum.
We won't be one of them though, we learned that the hard way 2 years ago at the TGS...

If I owned a PS3 only I'd be pissed about the lack of exclusive RPG's. Thank fully I own both consoles now! This news is amazing, can't wait to see what Sony has in store to counter this tomorrow. I wonder how long Sony has known about this?

RiZ III

Biggest megaton evar. So awesome. Not sure why I'm so excited since I have both systems, just am. Its like the end of an era or something.

batbeg

animato said:
I'm calling a VERSION of Final Fantasy 13 (like versus) or timed exclusivity in Japan.

Other than that, yeah, Sony fucked this one up for sure. As long as I have my Final Fantasy sometime this or next year, I am a happy camper.

It was obviously the same Final Fantasy 13 from the trailer, especially seeing how Versus is not a "version" of FFXIII but a different game entirely...

derail.gif

SHIT! BAIL OUT!!

scarybore

Zophar said:
Thanks for selling out your fanbase S-E. I poured probably thousands of dollars into your lap with your offerings on Sony platforms. Your support of the PS3 was instrumental in my purchasing one. Now you're murdering your flagship series for a quick cash grab. Why? Because you have no faith in your fans. Konami turned out all right with Metal Gear, what makes you think we'd be any different for motherfucking Final Fantasy? I and millions of others have rushed out to buy your major releases precisely at release time and time again. I'm certain many of us were still poised to do so, and still are.

I'm not happy that you drank the kool-aid. You had no reason to get into bed with Microsoft and take it this far.

qosthw.gif

Now we are getting the good stuff! :lol

Melfice7

I wonder why when a game gets multiplatform it seems like it only matters that it's on Xbox and not also on PS3

For example "i can play RE5 on Xbox why i need a PS3?" it goes both ways you know IT is also on PS3

PS3 didn't lose FF13, Xbox got it.. there's a diference

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wondre if SE might have a bit of a megaton to announce at Nintendo's PC as well

M3Freak

Banned
Doesn't sony own a big chunk of SquareEnix? Do they have voting shares?

At any rate, PS3 is still getting the game. I beg to differ with those that think the PS3 is doomed, though.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
if you're a fan of big production games and this news bothers you, you're pretty much a tool. the aggregated 360/ps3 userbase is our last, best bulwark against the casual trash that dominated even that microsoft conference

So um, I already ordered MGS4 and uncharted + ff13 was one of the reasons I'm getting a PS3 tomorrow (already own a 360) and now this...ooookay.

Epic omegaton indeed.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
This is just evoking so many memories of when the series left Nintendo and went to PlayStation and people freaked out...

This is amazing message board theater.

We'll have to see what Sony has up their sleeves tomorrow!

this is seriously fucking bullshit.

I would rather have FFXIII be exclusive to 360 than be multiplatform. Multiplatform games never take advantage of the consoles.

Busty

Banned
Shane. Can you turn your phone on? We've been trying to get through to make sure you're alright.

If you don't want to talk just send us a text. Or failing that a thimble full of your tears just so we know you are OK.

Signed The Internet.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Gamespot's system wars is giving 500 server error ever since the announcements, you just have to go there to have some laughs... super worse than gameFAQs

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Petition Time!

http://www.**************.com/ps3exclu/petition.html

To: All video game players

We, PS3 owners, are very angered at the fact that Microsoft stole one our most awaited exclusive. We are angered that the game Final Fantasy 13 goes multi-platform and immediatly demand to Square Enix that they change their decision and make the game an exclusive PS3 title.

There is no point for Final Fantasy 13 to be on the Xbox 360. Final Fantasy 13 should only be on the PS3. End of story!

Every signature will be counted as someone who agrees with the petition statement.

Sincerely,

:lol :lol :lol :lol

EDIT:
FINAL FANTASY IS MY FAVORITE SERIES NO LONGER, FF12 WAS OFFICIALLY MY FINAL FANTASY.

lowrider007 said:
Get a fucking grip on reality for a second people, what the hell was Square-Enix supposed to do ?, miss out on potentially millions of dollars revenue from the large 360 user base, it's a business at the end of the day, if I was Square-Enix I would of done the same, Sony didn't drop the ball.

Finally some sense. Absolutely right. Sony would have had to pay a large doubledigit figure to secure the exclusive, it would be insanity to do that.

MisterHero

On second thought I'm still pissed that Capcom pulled the same thing with RE4 on GC to PS2. So shouldn't I empathize with SE's PS3 fanbase?

As much as I still love them, I doubt Capcom's sorry. I don't think SE will be sorry either.

So the LOL continues.

Aggelos

Blimblim said:
We won't be one of them though, we learned that the hard way 2 years ago at the TGS...

This is why Square-Enix asked to zoom out the camera for the FF13 trailer in advance.... To assure that sites won't have it in a "clear form"....

Nif

Zophar said:
Thanks for selling out your fanbase S-E. I poured probably thousands of dollars into your lap with your offerings on Sony platforms. Your support of the PS3 was instrumental in my purchasing one. Now you're murdering your flagship series for a quick cash grab. Why? Because you have no faith in your fans. Konami turned out all right with Metal Gear, what makes you think we'd be any different for motherfucking Final Fantasy? I and millions of others have rushed out to buy your major releases precisely at release time and time again. I'm certain many of us were still poised to do so, and still are.

I'm not happy that you drank the kool-aid. You had no reason to get into bed with Microsoft and take it this far.

Aw, Zoph. :\

Philthy

Wizman23 said:
Is this the equivalent of Halo 4 being announced on the PS3?

Halo 4, Gears of War 2, and maybe Crackdown sprinkled on top for good measure. Thats how big this is. It's like the Hoover Dam just freaking EXPLODED.

ShinAmano

Zophar said:

Seriously? Go cry some more...SE saw an opportunity to expand its fan base and took it...this is not stopping you from enjoying the game.

I don't understand the reason for the meltdowns? It's not like the PS3 isn't going to get the game at all. It just means that the game will reach a wider audience, helping to ensure more games in a niche genre that you enjoy.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
It makes you wonder if Sony even knew it was going Multiplatform....

also I guess it could be confirmed to come out on multiple disc :lol

ShinAmano said:
Seriously? Go cry some more...SE saw an opportunity to expand its fan base and took it...this is not stopping you from enjoying the game.

fuck that it wasn't about expanding fanbase, people who loved F XIII knew it was on PS3 and was def going to buy one for it.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
btkadams said:
wtf, im supposed to be mad about this but im laughing at everyone freaking. especially on the blog. everyones overreacting a bit though, its not like its exclusive to 360 or anything, and its been being developed for ps3 from the start so itll run great.
Because the quality will be compromised. Look at it this way. MGS4 takes up much of a 50gig bluray. That game is smaller than FFXIII will be, guaranteed. Now that it has to worry about fitting on DVDs (however many that is) the game will be worse off for it.

Nevermind the fact that a lot of people have already made the decision to buy a PS3 over a 360 because they thought that this was going to be exclusive. Squeenix just shat on their faces.

Chris R

I'm just hoping that as a fan of the series, nothing had to be cut/reduced/altered in any way/shape/form to bring the game to the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom