• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the idiots who think that MS can't keep a secret, and we knew everything they were going to announce? Eh? Eh?

What a way to end a conference, Don Mattrick couldn't even attempt to hide that smile. He knew what had just happened.

Talk about a roller-coaster :lol

I was saying that not even Alan Wake could save the conference... I was wrong haha

Way to go Sony! haha

For how much do 60GB BC PS3s go on ebay these days?

pulga

Banned
i cant believe those crazy fuckers pulled this off :lol watch KHIII Wii announced tomorrow and witness the collective ps3 fanboys perform a simultaneous suicide

oh microsoft :lol

I doubt this will be single disc game on 360. Might buy it on PS3 then.

Y2Kev said:
PUT THE TRAILER ON LIVE

PUT IT ON LIVE NOW

GODDAMNIT WHY DID THEY ZOOM OUT
Isn't the same trailer that was shown for PS3?

Won

So how does this game work?

"Final Fantasy was never a good game to begin with!"

"We still got FFvsXIII, bitches!"

"LOL disc swaps!"

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Where does this leave Versus? That's going to be interesting to see if it comes out on PS3 AND 360.

FoneBone

Anyway, I honestly didn't think it was that surprising. It does, however, now leave MGS4 as the only AAA 3rd-party exclusive... unless you count Tekken 6. And that may well not stay exclusive, either.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Holy Shit! Fantastic News for me :D ; I don't have much of a need to buy a PS3 now, except for MGS4 =/

Fady K

The ONLY mega 3rd party game and Sony couldnt keep it. Whats left for the future besides Sony's games exclusive?

How could Sony have let this one go.........seriously....

I have both 360 and PS3 so I'm playing it either way....but makes me look at my PS3 with an angry face :lol

I would feel bad for Sony since they lost their biggest third party exclusive, but it is probably their own fault that they didn't stop this from happening.

I am shocked that the 360 is the RPG system of this gen. SHOCKED.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Didn't really see this one coming!

Holy shit. Huge loss for Sony. I wonder how hard they tried to secure exclusivity....

Shouta said:
Not sure why anyone is that surprised about it. I was actually expecting it to be multi-platform for awhile.

Although this does amuse me because it's like all the fanboy allegiances are clear as day when stuff like this happens.

Pretty much. The overreactions in this thread are amazing.

Darko

LEBOWSKI-5421.jpg

Ceres

Banned
Aeris130 said:
What happens during E3, stays at E3.

Come now. We'll be in for massive lols like the whole Devil May Cry petition that was made when it was announced as multiplatform. The fallout is pure entertainment
and I own a PS3 and not a 360

TuSeiSkeefoso said:
Yeah everyone is taking this WAAAAY out of proportions. Relax kids. That Conference sucked bigtime other than that announcement of a game coming in 2010. Not exclusive either. Great news but I wanted a little bit more original IP.

maybe I'm wrong, but it's a megaton not for the 360 getting FF, but for Sony LOSING the exclusive of its biggest franchise :lol

Eccocid

LOL after ff 13 announcement a sony guy should had jumped to stage and say "$299" that would be megaton counterattack!

clo1_2000

Banned
Well, this is one of the two games I originally bought my PS3 for; the other being MGS. I'm glad I own all three consoles, but I can see how this would piss some people off.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Shouta said:
Not sure why anyone is that surprised about it. I was actually expecting it to be multi-platform for awhile.

Although this does amuse me because it's like all the fanboy allegiances are clear as day when stuff like this happens.

I thought it was only FF13 VERSUS that was planned to be multi-platform? Maybe I don't remember it that well.

TwinsDad

Well. It seems that everybody will be able to partake in FFXIII.

Yea. Only have a PS3 and Wii, but still now the HD consoles get to have FF goodness.

dacuk

dreamer3kx said:
SE=bunch of sellouts, how much did MS pay?

AFAIK, SE (and every freaking game company) is in the business for the money.

I remember the Resident Evil 4 Capcom betrayal-thon (if only much smaller...)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
MirageDwarf said:
I doubt this will be single disc game on 360. Might buy it on PS3 then.

Isn't the same trailer that was shown for PS3?

no, it was like 90% new

Zophar

Thanks for selling out your fanbase S-E. I poured probably thousands of dollars into your lap with your offerings on Sony platforms. Your support of the PS3 was instrumental in my purchasing one. Now you're murdering your flagship series for a quick cash grab. Why? Because you have no faith in your fans. Konami turned out all right with Metal Gear, what makes you think we'd be any different for motherfucking Final Fantasy? I and millions of others have rushed out to buy your major releases precisely at release time and time again. I'm certain many of us were still poised to do so, and still are.

I'm not happy that you drank the kool-aid. You had no reason to get into bed with Microsoft and take it this far.

StormyTheRabbit said:
Didn't surprise me.

Verses is still PS3 only, and White Knight Chronicles interests me more than FF nowadays.

I was more surprised seeing The Last Remnant on the PC than this. I coulda called this months ago.

More interested in White Knight than FF?

I somehow find that VERY hard to believe. :lol

Versus XIII, will likely be awesome, but Kitase is on FFXIII.

cvxfreak

thrasher said:
I'd like to see the Japanese hardware sales next week.

Not much.

In fact, one of the biggest game stores in Tokyo, the West-Shinjuku Yodobashi, has an RE5 poster up on its wall advertising the game... it mentions PS3, but not 360. I really don't think Japan cares.

But the west (or at least the US) on the other hand... huge. Unless the PS3 makes huge inroads against the 360's userbase, the 360 version will probably outsell the PS3 one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom