• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Get a fucking grip on reality for a second people, what the hell was Square-Enix supposed to do ?, miss out on potentially millions of dollars revenue from the large 360 user base, it's a business at the end of the day, if I was Square-Enix I would of done the same, Sony didn't drop the ball.

kylej

Banned
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Great news for 360 owners, but the good news for Sony is this won't really change the impact of FF13 in Japan.

h3ro

I must admit though, the melt downs are freaking entertaining as hell! check out the PSBlog... :lol

NOTHING Sony does is going to match that... unless its a five year exclusivity announcement for FFXIII :lol

Good job MS... good job. Ya'll got some ill hustle.

le.phat

announcements like this really brings out the true colors of posters here. jesus christ, we've stumped to gamefaqs level here.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
shit this is the first time i believe in moneyhats... square-enix giving up on Sony is a major punch, do you think Japan's sale will reflect and other devs start making more goddamn announcements instead of waiting for FFXIII to be released?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Japan doesn't matter for Xbox. They know even putting it out there won't matter.

Beyond just getting the game, Microsoft just mind fucked everyone... look at the people on these boards already. People that said they were considering a PS3 are saying forget it. THAT is the big coup.

I have all systems, so I don't care.

I wonder if they are promising exclusive content (dungeons, etc.) for the PS3 version to make up?

ny7hxh.gif

totowhoa

Banned
:lol :lol :lol I know what HD console I'm buying now. Officially, all of my must have franchises are on the xbox, save for MGS4 which I will play through at a friend's house sometime soon anyway. :D I was afraid I'd never be able to afford a PS3 in the next year.

Hitmeneer

Father_Brain said:
I thank S-E from the bottom of my heart.

I don't own either a PS3 or a 360, but the PS3 fanboy meltdowns are going to be unbelievably hilarious. :lol :lol :lol

I don't own a PS3 or 360, but this is just... I was watching the show (wtf no close-up btw?) and I was thinking, new IP, FF VII remake? FFX XIII ?! Wtf

This will be a blow for a lot of PS3 owners. This was one of their major exclusives, I don't understand that Sony just threw more money at SE to keep it exclusive.

Weisheit said:
So Sony just lost what was supposed to be the single biggest exclusive for their console?
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

And, yay! I get to play FF13:D
Second.

Gran Turismo is much bigger than Final Fantasy.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
This hurts the PS3...a LOT. I'm pretty surprised Sony couldn't secure this one. Well they still have it as exclusive for Japan it appears, but wow does it hurt for the US and Europe.

phez

Banned
dearapollo said:
I'm just upset that I bought a PS3 when I already had a 360. Well at least I got to play MGS4, I hope Sony has come nice announcements tomorrow.

same here man ... sony better make my 600 dollars fuckin worth it >:|

My6cats

Banned
the final Fantasy 13 for xbox 360 is true. It was the last theing they showed at the conference. Wada himslef announced it. I am asking myself .."what is Sony doing here???" I can't believe they lost Final Fantasy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricker

PS3 with MGS4 and... and...for sale ;)....seriuosly,i never thought this would happen,they must of paid tons for SE to do this,jesus...

SantaC

well now I can get a 360 for all my favorite RPGs :D

FFXIII, Tales of Vesperia etc, I dont need to get a ps3, yay.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
You know whats best about this?

It takes all the money out of Sony and Microsoft's hands...and puts it square in square-enix's bank account.

nobody is gonna that big jump in console sales but the game is gonna sell big....plus theres the money hat. The delicious...money hat that rests on the navel of a large breasted whore from idaho.

AMERICA..AAAAAMMMMEEEEERRIIICAAA

Yeah everyone is taking this WAAAAY out of proportions. Relax kids. That Conference sucked bigtime other than that announcement of a game coming in 2010. Not exclusive either. Great news but I wanted a little bit more original IP.

Sean said:
Bravo MS, that was a true megaton.

I gotta give props to whoever scripted their press conference. It was like:

"Ooooh guy from Square is coming out."
"Oh, he's just talking about announced titles. Meh"
*Mattrick talking, looks like conference is over*
"JUST KIDDING, FF13 ON 360 BITCHES, LOL"
Seriously. Didn't expect that AT ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom