• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just buy the base game, A Realm Reborn which includes a 30 day sub for $19.99 or $9.99 using a promo code on the official site. Dunno if that promo code is still going but look it up.

Then you can buy/preorder the base $39.99 Stormblood expansion which includes Heavansward

It's what I did, I just started this week too, you're not far behind me. I'm level 39, maybe we can do stuff together if you sub soon haha
Thanks for the tip! I just bought ARR digitally on Amazon so going to hop on to download the full version of the game or associate my registration with my account, whatever it has me do. I already redeemed it online on the Sony site. I went ahead and pre-ordered SB on PS4 while at it too. Came out to the same price the trio package would have been, thanks again. Also, I'd love to play with your or any other Gaffers. Just know that I'll have to take a little break here soon while my friend is visiting as I don't think he wants to spend his time watching me play this :p He'll be moving on to visiting family in other states though so I'll be playing a ton once he's gone! I imagine you'll be pulling a ways ahead of me in the meantime at the pace the two of us are going at haha
when titan jumps in the air you want to stand as close to the marked edge as possible while not standing on it .

it is your first encounter with a proximity based damage mechanic.
in later fights you will see markers appear on the floor with a pulsing aoe effect which means the closer you are to those markers when the attack goes off the more damage you'll take .
I was doing that but seemed to get different results depending on what side I was on. One time it only did one hundred something damage, another time over 500, another over 200, etc. Maybe I was accidentally standing on the outer line.

So I have to be online to be added to the GAF guild, right? I'm going to go start the process of registering the full game to my account and then I'll bug you guys for an add. Oh, something else I wanted to ask, when is the daily reset time for the roulette? I suspect I blew doing it yesterday and did today's instead in the early am.

Nvidia will not feel the need to price drop if Vega underperforms, and it probably will. That botched demo at Computex did not inspire confidence at all. Lots of people saw the Computex nonsense and they were like "NOPE" and bought a 1080 or 1080 Ti after seeing that.

Pascal sips power compared to any GPU AMD makes. That TDP rating is probably accurate.

Get a decent quality IPS or VA monitor and you'll be fine if your target is only 60 hz. IPS usually offers slightly better response times, VA typically has deeper black levels and better contrast ratio.

Of course there's 1080p 120/144 hz monitors out there with the LightBoost and stuff but you'll really want to step up to a 1070 if you're gunning for 120 or 144 fps.

I ended up getting the 1060. Will get a monitor later.

Is there a recommended driver version?

Not really familiar with Nvidia stuff.

Redx508

So I have to be online to be added to the GAF guild, right? I'm going to go start the process of registering the full game to my account and then I'll bug you guys for an add. Oh, something else I wanted to ask, when is the daily reset time for the roulette? I suspect I blew doing it yesterday and did today's instead in the early am.

once you submit a application like in the OP you don't have to be online to be accepted.

I ended up getting the 1060. Will get a monitor later.

Is there a recommended driver version?

Not really familiar with Nvidia stuff.

before you install the new card run DDU in safe mode to remove all the old files. Than download the newest driver from https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

dabig2

Daily reset is 8 am PST. So if you did a daily before that time, it would count to the previous day's. Anything after will be against the current day.

Ok, I registered the full version with my account, can an officer send me an invite into the FC please? Where's the housing section in Laminsa anyway?

aka_bueno

when titan jumps in the air you want to stand as close to the marked edge as possible while not standing on it .

it is your first encounter with a proximity based damage mechanic.
in later fights you will see markers appear on the floor with a pulsing aoe effect which means the closer you are to those markers when the attack goes off the more damage you'll take .

Is that the attack that can push you off the edge during the Titan fight? I wanna make sure I understand it right cause I did titan for the first time the other day. But the way the marker looked, it looked like if you stand on the inside of the AoE it would damage you, so I tried to stand on the edge of it, and well I got blown off the stage lol.

I had that fight again today during roulette before I went into work, and I just stayed inside the ring this time and didn't fall. But I just want to make sure I understand you, for future fights.

So if I were standing in the middle of that circle marker (which took up the entire stage) I would have taken more damage than if I was closer to the edge of it? Or do you mean there will be markers in future fights where you can stand outside of the marker but still take damage based on how far outside you are of that pulsing marker, like less damage if you're further away?

Wagram

Is Doma more than one city? I know we're headed there in the expansion, but Yugiri is from Doma,
but it was apparently razed to the ground as an example to the other provinces.
Oboro is also from Doma, but
they were betrayed by their leader Gekkai, but "Doma" is now under imperial rule.

It's not clear.

Is that the attack that can push you off the edge during the Titan fight? I wanna make sure I understand it right cause I did titan for the first time the other day. But the way the marker looked, it looked like if you stand on the inside of the AoE it would damage you, so I tried to stand on the edge of it, and well I got blown off the stage lol.

I had that fight again today during roulette before I went into work, and I just stayed inside the ring this time and didn't fall. But I just want to make sure I understand you, for future fights.

So if I were standing in the middle of that circle marker (which took up the entire stage) I would have taken more damage than if I was closer to the edge of it? Or do you mean there will be markers in future fights where you can stand outside of the marker but still take damage based on how far outside you are of that pulsing marker, like less damage if you're further away?

The move where he leaps up in the air out of sight is when you go to the outer ring but don't stand on the edge of the border itself. The move where he can blow you off, if you're a melee dps, I found it easiest to just run through his legs which honestly is what you should be doing anyway to be attacking him safely from behind.

Apoptomon

Ok, I registered the full version with my account, can an officer send me an invite into the FC please? Where's the housing section in Laminsa anyway?

To get to the Mists on foot, you can either take Limsa's eastern exit to Middle La Noscea and then head south to Lower La Noscea and southeast to Red Rooster Stead, or you can take Limsa's southern exit to Lower La Noscea and head northeast to Red Rooster Stead. The entrance to Mist is nearby. The GAF FC house is presently at Ward 1 Plot 15.

Is Doma more than one city? I know we're headed there in the expansion, but Yugiri is from Doma,
but it was apparently razed to the ground as an example to the other provinces.
Oboro is also from Doma, but
they were betrayed by their leader Gekkai, but "Doma" is now under imperial rule.

It's not clear.
I thought Doma was a city-state much like all the other places, with Yanxia as it's surrounding region.

aka_bueno

The move where he leaps up in the air out of sight is when you go to the outer ring but don't stand on the edge of the border itself. The move where he can blow you off, if you're a melee dps, I found it easiest to just run through his legs which honestly is what you should be doing anyway to be attacking him safely from behind.

Oh there's another move that can blow you off stage? I'm ranged DPS so I guess I never experienced that one. I've only done that fight twice, and it's the move that he jumps up and then smashes down with the full stage AoE that bumped me off cause I was standing on the edge.

I should look up the other move you're talking about on YouTube just in case though cause getting bumped off was embarrassing lol

B.K.

What stats will be important to PLD next week with the revamped battle system? I've got Crit. and Determination in my Anima weapon. I'm thinking of farming some Crystal Sand, if I need to change them when Early Access starts.

Ken

What stats will be important to PLD next week with the revamped battle system? I've got Crit. and Determination in my Anima weapon. I'm thinking of farming some Crystal Sand, if I need to change them when Early Access starts.

My crystal ball says you're going to dump your anima weapon before you hit 70.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Could someone refresh my memory?
Are we getting the real PS4 Pro patch together with Stormblood or before Early Access?

what's your ingame name?
Did you find me? What should I be looking for? Will it pop up on my screen?
To get to the Mists on foot, you can either take Limsa's eastern exit to Middle La Noscea and then head south to Lower La Noscea and southeast to Red Rooster Stead, or you can take Limsa's southern exit to Lower La Noscea and head northeast to Red Rooster Stead. The entrance to Mist is nearby. The GAF FC house is presently at Ward 1 Plot 15.

I thought Doma was a city-state much like all the other places, with Yanxia as it's surrounding region.
Oh, it's not in the city, no wonder. I imagine I'll get an aetheryte crystal once I get there the first time?
Oh there's another move that can blow you off stage? I'm ranged DPS so I guess I never experienced that one. I've only done that fight twice, and it's the move that he jumps up and then smashes down with the full stage AoE that bumped me off cause I was standing on the edge.

I should look up the other move you're talking about on YouTube just in case though cause getting bumped off was embarrassing lol
The move that highlights the ground right in front of him but in a straight line/cone before his smashes down shooting a powerful shockwave forward.

Apoptomon

'Landslide' shows up as a wide rectangular aoe with white-blue lines on either. It targets everyone except I think the tank and used to cause much trouble of the "i swear i wasn't standing in it" variety. They slightly changed the frequency of character-position updates after many complaints, but it can still catch people off-guard. To make things worse, it's one of several fights in the game where you are permanently removed from the battle.

Oh, it's not in the city, no wonder. I imagine I'll get an aetheryte crystal once I get there the first time?
I believe there's a sort of introductory quest that will add it as a destination on the city's aethernet network. Besides that, once you join an FC, if they have a mini-aetheryte on their property, you can teleport straight to the FC house from your teleport menu.

I've been following the saga of my soon to be former bard trying out for world prog groups. Dude is talented. It's so weird not wanting to lose him but at the same time rooting for him to "defeat" these scrubs he is up against.

iammeiam

Nope. After all that trouble, I'm using that thing until 5.0..

Realistically nobody has any idea what tank stats are going to be like in 4.0, but crit/det is probably good.

The problem is that 3.5 tank secondaries are super overvalued due to the way STR and VIT work for tank damage calculation. They're going back to STR-only, which means all tank secondaries will drop some mystery amount; it shouldn't change the actual priority but they'll be worth less mainstat. The value of skill speed is questionable (there's that thing floating around reddit claiming SS will impact auto-attack rate, which if true would mean interesting things for Sword Oath), and Parry turning into Tenacity is a giant ????? since nobody knows if Tenacity is just going to be Worse Det or actually kind of strong.

Nobody knows anything hype. Crit/det is as good a choice as any.

Redx508

6zMkz7o.png

Wednesday 6/14 at 8PM EST

FC Zone walk (tbd)
Goodbye HW pics at Coerthas Central Highlands ( 24.3 , 8.3 )
PvP Duels

Thank you, Red XIII! I joined the FC at last. What do I have to do to go from Recruit to Member? Play x amount of days? That's nice to hear the crystal should already be in my teleport list now, I'll try it out when I get back on later tonight.

Ah, feels good to be off the trial and on to the full proper version of the game. I think the thing to do when I get back on is the roulette and then finally access floor 11 of the Palace of the Dead and see if I can quickly level up to 35 to continue the story and Monk quest.

Redx508

Thank you, Red XIII! I joined the FC at last. What do I have to do to go from Recruit to Member? Play x amount of days? That's nice to hear the crystal should already be in my teleport list now, I'll try it out when I get back on later tonight.

Ah, feels good to be off the trial and on to the full proper version of the game. I think the thing to do when I get back on is the roulette and then finally access floor 11 of the Palace of the Dead and see if I can quickly level up to 35 to continue the story and Monk quest.

i usually rank up to member after 2weeks or when i remember to do it lol.

Card is working good. FPS is around 60-70something with some fluctuations in Idyllshire but in others it goes up pretty high.

Highest I saw was 160 something fps outside of Idyllshire and in a trial.

Should be good once I get the new monitor.

Also it's a lot quieter than my previous card when things get intensive. Old one I could hear through my headphones but this one I can't hear it even when I take them off and put my head close to the case.

Does Heavensward come with Stormblood on PS4? I'm circling the expansion while it's on sale, but if it comes with Stormblood, I'll just put the funds towards that.

i usually rank up to member after 2weeks or when i remember to do it lol.

Sorry, I meant to ask if I need to do anything in particular or if it will just automatically upgrade after a set amount of time?

Phew, finished cleaning the house so now to grab food and I can at last play.

Whoops! I was typing and walking. That's what I meant. So I can skip Heavensward and just buy Stormblood?

In terms of purchasing, yes. Just buy Stormblood which should be 39.99 and you'll have Heavensward with it. As for skipping Heavensward's story content, you'd have to buy a special potion to do so I believe but I think you were only concerned with the purchase decision.

Ugh, can't seem to connect to FFXIV servers at all. I get in and it's good for about a minute before it shits the bed. Sending/Receiving are 0 at random times.

Xux

Kinda debating between a black Lady's Yukata or an Extreme Survival Shirt for my day one SAM glamour.

Yukata:
-Pros:
Weeb factor
The bow on the back
Contrasting black and white
Long-sleeves go well with a katana

-Cons:
A little heavy on the weeb factor
I can't match the black on the Yukata with any dye because of the texture

Extreme Survival Shirt:
-Pros
Simple
Dark red dye gives it a nice, warm, leathery look
Short-sleeves show off my characters surprisingly buff arms

-Cons:
Lacks a "back balance" that the bow gives the Yukata though this is helped with my character's longer hair and my Plain Long Skirt
Not particularly weeb-ish, more fencery

Other pieces include the Old Black Rose for the head and Expeditionary or whatever boots for feet; everything else is Emperor's New-ed out of reality.

What do you guys think?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Kinda debating between a black Lady's Yukata or an Extreme Survival Shirt for my day one SAM glamour.

What do you guys think?
Yukata. Might as well go full weeb, you wouldn't want to half ass it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Yukata:
-Pros:
Weeb factor
The bow on the back
Contrasting black and white
Long-sleeves go well with a katana

-Cons:
A little heavy on the weeb factor
I can't match the black on the Yukata with any dye because of the texture

Extreme Survival Shirt:
-Pros
Simple
Dark red dye gives it a nice, warm, leathery look
Short-sleeves show off my characters surprisingly buff arms

-Cons:
Lacks a "back balance" that the bow gives the Yukata though this is helped with my character's longer hair and my Plain Long Skirt
Not particularly weeb-ish, more fencery

Other pieces include the Old Black Rose for the head and Expeditionary or whatever boots for feet; everything else is Emperor's New-ed out of reality.

What do you guys think?

Find someone with the new eastern garb from mogstation and try it on. The skirt it comes with would go well with that Yukata I think.

Xux

Are the servers going down 24 hours before like with the server move?

Alright then, I guess I'll pull the trigger on it.

Thanks for the recommendations/help.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7933cb4e7b3a01b4e86dc352c2ac06cca462cfc4

Yup.

Find someone with the new eastern garb from mogstation and try it on. The skirt it comes with would go well with that Yukata I think.
I have and it does. I'm kinda leaning towards the shirt, though.

Enthus

Did the 2010 release of XIV get a widespread physical release in Japan? I'm thinking of getting the original releases of the entire series in Japanese for a collection and that seems to be the toughest one to find.

Fauve

Does anyone know if Stormblood is going to be available to download before EA goes live? Wondering if I'll be able to download it earlier then jump in on the 16th.

Ken

Does anyone know if Stormblood is going to be available to download before EA goes live? Wondering if I'll be able to download it earlier then jump in on the 16th.

i think you will be able to update your game during the 24hr maintenance before the game comes up when the files go up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom