• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV aiming for 60FPS/1080p on PS4 Pro | UP - dated Feb 21st

Freeman76

After reading that EDGE article I doubt i will bother with this, but great to see they are making good use of PRO features hopefully this will become the norm.

Wait, does anyone actually think it will stay at 60 FPS? It'll hit 60 when looking at the sky or the landscape midday. At night or any rain will cause it to drop, as well as any combat will probably plummet the frame rate.

thatJohann

If I have a 1080p screen, can I force ffxv to use the 4K/30fps mode to get the supersampling on my 1080p tv? Or would I be forced to use the inconsistent 1080p/40-50fps mode?

artsi

If I have a 1080p screen, can I force ffxv to use the 4K/30fps mode to get the supersampling on my 1080p tv? Or would I be forced to use the inconsistent 1080p/40-50fps mode?

Yeah, it will downsample automatically.

If the game has multiple Pro modes it should be an ingame option. If there's just one (4K), it will use that one.

d9b

Banned
Just announced on the stream. Also has 4k (non-native)/30fps mode.

Edit: The 1080p mode will have an unlocked framerate it sounds as though it won't be near a constant 60 (at least at launch).

In that case... Day One!

LordKasual

Banned
HHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOLY Shit.

WHAT.

If they pull this off, Square Enix has gotten 200% respect from me regardless if the game is ass or not.

If I'm understanding correctly:

Base/Slim PS4 - 900p - 1080p @30fps
PS4Pro at XV launch - 4k @30fps or Downsampled 1080p @30fps, depending on your TV
PS4Pro after December patch - 4k @30fps, Downsampled 1080p @30fps or 1080p @60fps

That last one is assuming they'll make the 1080p modes separate options. I don't see why they wouldn't.

Glad I avoided all the concern trolling in a lot the PS4 Pro threads and stuck with my preorder. Cannot wait to continue to see what devs come up with for the Pro hardware, that I won't get with my OG PS4 currently.

If I'm understanding correctly:

Base/Slim PS4 - 900p - 1080p @30fps
PS4Pro at XV launch - 4k @30fps or Downsampled 1080p @30fps, depending on your TV
PS4Pro after December patch - 4k @30fps, Downsampled 1080p @30fps or 1080p @60fps

That last one is assuming they'll make the 1080p modes separate options. I don't see why they wouldn't.

The downsampling happens automatically but otherwise you are correct. Don't forget about HDR

Carn82

The way I understood it:
- Every PS4 Pro game will run in a '4K mode'. The specifics of this 4K mode (achiever through checkerboarding or other 'tricks', can differ per game). If you have a 1080p screen it will downsample that 4K output to your 1080p screen; resulting in a cleaner image (compared to regular PS4 output).

But,some games will give you options next to the 'default' 4K mode:
-- In the case of FF15; you can also choose for a 1080p60fps mode.
-- In the case of Tomb Raider; you can choose for a 1080p60fps mode OR 1080p30fps with 'better graphics'.

I'm using 60fps and 'better graphics' very generally here, but you get the point.

Humdinger

Gold Member
Nice! I'm guessing the Dec. patch will be delayed and it'll take them until mid-2017 to actually get it out. But that's okay. Plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

nOoblet16

Pls no.
There is no way it'll be 1080P/60, it'll be 1080P with framerate all over the place.

Just give me an option for constant 1080P/30 with maybe some additional stuff like reduced pop ins.

1080p/60fps sounds pretty fucking amazing. Can't wait for the game and really happy with my Pro purchase. Not sure if it's early release enthusiasm but devs seem to be rather eager to support the Pro's additinal horse power. Really nice.

Carn82

Just give me an option for constant 1080P/30 with maybe some additional stuff like reduced pop ins.

The ideal scenario would be multiple options; but my guess it will differ per developer. Some will do the least amount of work necessary for Pro support.

I doubt if gamers would mind specific sliders for various settings; or tradeofs like 'increased draw distance but lesser quality shadows".

Top Bottom