• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV aiming for 60FPS/1080p on PS4 Pro | UP - dated Feb 21st

LordKasual

Banned
Seems they have a decent amount of CPU time left over?

I somehow doubt they'll reach a stable 60. It'll probably feel about as stable as Episode Duscae 2.0 did, and if so i'll just opt for the downsampled 30fps setting.

But yeah the game is probably just GPU heavy. There's alot of shaders, lighting and post going on in this engine

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I somehow doubt they'll reach a stable 60. It'll probably feel about as stable as Episode Duscae 2.0 did, and if so i'll just opt for the downsampled 30fps setting.

But yeah the game is probably just GPU heavy. There's alot of shaders, lighting and post going on in this engine

Yeah makes sense, which will make the Pro shine a lot more with its GPU power. Of course the original version already looked visually complete anyways

wildfire

Banned
bdxRlau.gif

Exactly how I've felt for the last 2 years.

I still won't preorder a Pro because reviews should still be used but I'm ecsatic that Squre is pushing for this.

That's amazing news for people who have a Pro. Kudos to SE.

Now, please make sure that my vanilla PS4 gets a solid 30fps version and we are all good SE :)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
A AAA open-world game that is not CPU-heavy?

Well to be fair, it doesn't have a huge amount of dynamic AI happening everywhere at once, most of the areas you visit (like in MGS5), besides certain cities look to be barren of people outside of monsters to fight. So its possible that the CPU is freed up more than we think.

Mabufu

Banned
It seems like the engine isn't that CPU heavy after all if they pull this off.

Some time ago I read a presentation about FF XV optimization and how improving the CPU task scheduler have made the game able to look as great as it does now.

And if I remember correctly, they made a task scheduler where the CPU was quite busy most of time.

Could be wrong, tho. I cant remember now where I've read that : (

artsi

A AAA open-world game that is not CPU-heavy?

Well actually, they're using all of the CPU power they can with good multithreading. But that's just smart, why leave any performance to stand idle?

BD2's engine programmers are kind of wizards anyway.
You could think anything about the game or SE, but those dudes have done great work.

Some time ago I read a presentation about FF XV optimization and how improving the CPU task scheduler have made the game able to look as great as it does now.

And if I remember correctly, they did a task scheduler where the CPU was quite busy most of time.

Could be wrong, tho. I cant remember now where I've read that : (

Yep, that's the image above. They're taking everything PS4 can offer and using it.

Jeels

If the 1080p mode isn't out until December then I am just going to have to delay playing the game. Lol. Oh well. At least TLG comes out around the same time.

Gbraga

If the 1080p mode isn't out until December then I am just going to have to delay playing the game. Lol. Oh well. At least TLG comes out around the same time.

You can play the game at 30fps with amazing IQ at launch, it's only the 1080p unlocked FPS mode that will take a couple of weeks.

You can play the game at 30fps with amazing IQ at launch, it's only the 1080p unlocked FPS mode that will take a couple of weeks.

Yeah and that will probably look extremely jaggy compared to downscaled 1080P.
But good that we get to choose between frame rate and visual fidelity.

This would be huge for the Pro if it actually happens. Get a few more big games running at a higher framerate and the upgrade would be worth it.

BigEmil

Well to be fair, it doesn't have a huge amount of dynamic AI happening everywhere at once, most of the areas you visit (like in MGS5), besides certain cities look to be barren of people outside of monsters to fight. So its possible that the CPU is freed up more than we think.
It could be after all these months of optimising they managed to reduce workload on the GPU and CPU from all that stuff etc and free up more resources
Unlocked framerate is as bad as sub 30fps drops. Give me 30 or 60 STABLE.
Not really I play on my pc unlocked ranges from 40 to 60 in a game and I prefer it over locked 30, preferences I guess

wmlk

Did Tabata talk about any visual improvements? I mean, the small resolution bump and 60 fps is huge, but it'd be even better if there was more.

Blizzje

Got that KS8000 and Pro ready to go and plat this bad boy.
Going checkerboard 4K all the way IQ to the maxxx! Tabby. My man!

Native 4K?

Well damn, stand corrected.
I think NBA2K as well...So maybe there’s hope for at least Madden/Fifa to be native?

You post is correct if you lower the percentage probably, 85% of PS4 games will be checkerboard 4K.

Scorpio should hit something like 95% native I guess

BasilZero

So if that is the case, what would the performance be like for the OG PS4?

1080p/30 FPS?

As long as its stable 30 FPS, I am fine with that.

Top Bottom