• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XVI | Prologue DEMO

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
It’s up right now on the ps store go grab it! HYPE!

Few details:
  • No time limit, download and play as long as you like
  • features 2 hrs from the prologue of the game, save at the end can be imported into the final release and can continue from there
  • after the prologue a special battle demo is unlocked with challenges and more varied builds to play with its intricate BS
  • demo weights 18 GBs

bs33H54.jpg

Last edited:

[Sigma]

I'm not putting any stock into this demo. I already know the full game will be greatness. So this demo will not determine whether I buy day one because I will. I'll download it more so to check performance and see how it looks on my LG C2 and QLED.

Last edited:

Teslerum

Random bit:

They use crystals and magic pretty extensively in the world. Wells are filled by extracting? water from crystals and there's a guy doing gardening by using wind magic.

Also evading attacks feels very good. If you can just play without the helper accessories/not in story mode.

Last edited:

Thief1987

Don't have time to play more, but first hour is 95% cutscenes and some walking. And do we really need a whole segment to teach us how to press buttons?

Teslerum

I'll download when I get home
Caveat of course here that this is the beginning of the game (you can even carry over progress to the main game). Meaning it's the Prologue and thus mostly cutscenes and walking/interacting with the world. It gives you a good feel if you will like the story though.

After you beat the story portion though a combat focused demo is unlocked.

Last edited:
My first impressions, I expected the music to be good and it is phenomenal. The graphics are well above what I expected this shit looks amazing on a 4k Oled. So far the story and gameplay are great. I only have one complaint, I have to fucking go to work. >.<

Forgot, That first Eikon interaction, they are terrifying.

Last edited:

Flabagast

How deep the story and writing feel ? Is it your JRPG standard fare or more akin to a Witcher like universe (with heavy geopolitics, lore, character motivations etc)?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Finally got play for little while HOLY fuck this game is gorgeous! and control feels goooooood, especially dodging.

People told me this doesn’t look like “Final Fantasy” …..yeah my ass! the aesthetics screams Final Fantasy.

Is the stuff from the demo also in the main game or is it its seperate thing?
The demo starts at beginning chapter of the game then you can transfer save data to the full game, similar how Octopath did it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom