• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Demo Releases Tomorrow on Playstation 5

Draugoth

Gold Member
  • Demo is 2 Hours Long
  • There will be two sections
  • After finishing the Prologue a Testing Area will unlock
  • Game will be more clunky at Clive's early teens due to protagonist lack of combat experience. The late game section of the demo is to shown Clive's full combat prowlness as a battle hardened warrior in his thirties and how different he plays out than his younger self.
  • Demo has no time limit

sRHvbvm.jpg
6C3HNko.jpg
MllEcSV.jpg
FyYQs0aWYAE53sF

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Hmmm. I think i'll bite.
I'm kinda interested but the fights always seemed extremely dragged out due to enemy sponginess in the presentations so far. Gotta experience it myself.
Welp, if you watched the live stream tonight, you would know they did that purposely and the demo will counteract those thoughts.

Draugoth

Gold Member

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Does progress from the demo carry to the final game ?

Reminder: you can still pre order the game from best buy and get the exclusive steel book free.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wonder what the level cap will be for carry over. That and skipping the prologue on launch. That’s awesome for me. Prologues can be boring af and take forever to get through.

Last edited:
Nice! Never was really into FF personally but this game looks badass. Was kind of in a wait and see what the reviewers say about it before making a decision. Demo makes that so much easier to determine.

Side note: we need more demos back

SaniOYOYOY

Ok so do I act like a spoiled brats and buy a ps5 now, or do I wait for me to be at my parents home at the 28th and play it there with my dads ps5......

Im totally buying a ps5 lol

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Fabulous news. I've had a hard time knowing what to make of this game. Time to see if the combat clicks.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I like this trend with demos lately.
Has that nostalgic feel from when these were the norm.

On a side note, I'm so downloading this and giving it a go. Never been too into FF since the NES/SNES days with only a dabble in the PS2 to be wowed by the graphics, but the aesthetics and art design have my interests super piqued for this entry.

Last edited:

Nydius

Guess I'll give it a download and see if it plays better than it looks on screen. To me, the gameplay has looked pretty meh for my tastes but maybe it just doesn't translate well as a passive observer. Grateful for any demos in this day and age.

Top Bottom