• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Anteo

Well, I just learned that the AI will move units towards you even if they are not in range for an attack, as long as moving a second unit will let them reach for a pair attack.

I thought my mage would tank the half hp debuff + the magic attack, but no, not if a second unit suports the attacker

Wow....

Chapter 10 birthright on hard..

It took me one fucking day (and I loved it).
The things that killed me

- I made mistakes from playing too fast (not checking ranges),
- Had to gamble with Mozu defending the right side from the archers, she had less than 80% accuracy after buffing her with tonics, and she needed to land a double attack 4 times in the battle, any of these missed and she would not survive the round.
- The fucking left side with those brutes, too much damage and Effie is already bussy with their push on the midle, I had to try many different things until I found something that working defeding that side.
- The last turn push.. I cant believe how many times I lost one unit in that push.

Things that Helped me:

- Effie is a fucking tank.
- Elise's speed is so high she cant get 2x by Flyers
- Corrin and Jacob destroy the wall to fight outside, with some support from the ballista they can wreck anyone that comes by,

I managed to get to all houses and barely defend by using rescue and freeze to survive the last few turns

Definitely recommend hearing headphones / earbuds while doing the getting your avatar's S-rank support. It legit sounds like a whisper in your ear at the end.

So how does the EXP DLC work? Some attack you, others don't it's rather confusing.

I was hoping to use the DLC for support grind, but I keapt dying, maybe I'll just used Before Awakening

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So how does the EXP DLC work? Some attack you, others don't it's rather confusing.

I was hoping to use the DLC for support grind, but I keapt dying, maybe I'll just used Before Awakening

Green monsters attack you, yellow flee.

I believe (not 100% sure) that all paralogues scale, so your best bet for support grinding may be the high-ranked, 'skill' my castles that have weapons equipped.

Anteo

I just tried playing Before Awakening. There are ninjas with that skill that makes you swap places. Basically they can take anyone behind your lines, and use their 2 range to swap with them like 3 tmes in a row so your unit is now deep in enemy territory and almost dead

If you are not sighltly overleveled or have some good weapons so you can rush them.. good luck

Well, I just learned that the AI will move units towards you even if they are not in range for an attack, as long as moving a second unit will let them reach for a pair attack.

I thought my mage would tank the half hp debuff + the magic attack, but no, not if a second unit suports the attacker

It took me one fucking day (and I loved it).
The things that killed me

- I made mistakes from playing too fast (not checking ranges),
- Had to gamble with Mozu defending the right side from the archers, she had less than 80% accuracy after buffing her with tonics, and she needed to land a double attack 4 times in the battle, any of these missed and she would not survive the round.
- The fucking left side with those brutes, too much damage and Effie is already bussy with their push on the midle, I had to try many different things until I found something that working defeding that side.
- The last turn push.. I cant believe how many times I lost one unit in that push.

Things that Helped me:

- Effie is a fucking tank.
- Elise's speed is so high she cant get 2x by Flyers
- Corrin and Jacob destroy the wall to fight outside, with some support from the ballista they can wreck anyone that comes by,

I managed to get to all houses and barely defend by using rescue and freeze to survive the last few turns
he said birthright

GamerSoul

I've had awful luck with my Hinoka leveling. With a 55% growth rate for Strength she has 11 while her 60% growth rate for Speed has 25.
LLShC.gif

EDIT: As a note she started with 9 Strength and 16 Speed. Still awful. In 12 levels she gained 2 Strength!

EDIT2: Also, at least one point of the strength increase came from promotion!

I had that problem with her also. I benched her a long time ago.

Shun

Green will aggro, gold will go past and ignore.

Gold gives most EXP but harder to kill.

There will be an occasional Golem that spawns and they have attack range of almost half the map.. Those will fuck you up if you don't kill them right away.

If they hit you, they bind you from moving and they switch places with you so the other green enemies can mob and kill your unit.

Then they will attack the rest of your army. Sometimes they spawn 2 at a time.

The DLC also gets harder depending on how high your team level is. So the stronger your team, the stronger the DLC. At higher levels it is not a big deal but lower levels you will probably have a harder time.

I just bought Conquest and am going through character creation. Could I get some advice from this thread?

Considering the avatar's even stats and ability to gain lots of levels, making her a mixed offense character sounds pretty appealing. That way I can use both strength and magic to always hit what my target is weakest to. I read that the Basara class learns good skills, so I could have my avatar go through Nohr Princess > Nohr Noble > Spear Fighter > Basara.

Is this a viable plan for Conquest on Hard, or will I be spreading my stats too thin? And if I went for it, what would be good boons and banes? Clever and Unlucky?

Green will aggro, gold will go past and ignore.

Gold gives most EXP but harder to kill.

There will be an occasional Golem that spawns and they have attack range of almost half the map.. Those will fuck you up if you don't kill them right away.

If they hit you, they bind you from moving and they switch places with you so the other green enemies can mob and kill your unit.

Then they will attack the rest of your army. Sometimes they spawn 2 at a time.

The DLC also gets harder depending on how high your team level is. So the stronger your team, the stronger the DLC. At higher levels it is not a big deal but lower levels you will probably have a harder time.

Okay thanks. I was expecting the same as Awakening. Guess I'm just gonna use the before awakening to grind supports then, even if can't deploy as much

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I think I'm done with this game... I just finished Conquest Ch.10

I've enjoyed the game, finished Awakening (over 80 hours) but this isn't clicking with me. I finally figured it out: the missions are too long. I love the game play, but doing the same map over and over and over again to "get everything right" - is too much. I end up spending hours on the same map. I have a lot of fun the first ~30 minutes on a map, then after that - my brain is just over loaded.

It could be that I'm just spending too much time on each play session and I need more breaks in between attempts on a map. Either way, this is a great game - it just isn't clicking with me. Everyday I think, "I want to play Fire Emblem, but my day could be perfectly fine if I don't!" lol I want to do less gaming and this is becoming a game that I figure I can live without.

I'm glad that I gave it try. Intelligent System went all out on this, I hope this game finishes atop of many GOTY lists ten months from now.

I bet myself $5 I don't go through selling this game and I'm back in this thread in a day.

I think I'm done with this game... I just finished Conquest Ch.10

I've enjoyed the game, finished Awakening (over 80 hours) but this isn't clicking with me. I finally figured it out: the missions are too long. I love the game play, but doing the same map over and over and over again to "get everything right" - is too much. I end up spending hours on the same map. I have a lot of fun the first ~30 minutes on a map, then after that - my brain is just over loaded.

It could be that I'm just spending too much time on each play session and I need more breaks in between attempts on a map. Either way, this is a great game - it just isn't clicking with me. Everyday I think, "I want to play Fire Emblem, but my day could be perfectly fine if I don't!" lol I want to do less gaming and this is becoming a game that I figure I can live without.

I'm glad that I gave it try. Intelligent System went all out on this, I hope this game finishes atop of many GOTY lists ten months from now.

I bet myself $5 I don't go through selling this game and I'm back in this thread in a day.

If you're having a hard time in Conquest, just lower the difficulty.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
also if it's taking too long turn off animations lol

Oh yeah I have it all turned off. It's the learning curve of what you need to do is too long for each map for me. I don't mind restarting a map a few times but it's more than a few and... Yeah it's too much for me.

It's not for me. That's okay.

That is why you pair her yourself. Make her a great lord too.

Not like it's the first game that they have the whole familial thing anyway, there are like 5 Fire Emblem games with it and 4 games where it is a major plot and character point.

I mean you could do Shigure, he's technically not related by blood at all.]

I paired Corrin and Azura and thats the most ill go regarding family pairs.
Feels wrong to pair with a niece.

Im gonna sit down and map out the pairs. I wanted to do this in the beginning of the game but I didnt want character spoilers. I already lost
Kaze
so I have one less good male character to work with. Gonna decide on the royal family pairs first then pick the others.

Someone should make a pair generator!

rhandino

Banned
My first run pairings will be determined by how good the supports are between characters... that would explain why I have Subaki and Hinoka together =P and already working my way to make a Hayato x Sakura and Corrin x Scarlet =P

Luigi87

I am my greatest enemy at this game... I accidentally select the wrong command thus causing a unit to die.

Though in my defense the game didn't show the unit in a danger zone, yet the enemy still was able to move and attack her, so I don't get what was up with that.

Vamphuntr

Who's the best wife for Keaton? Kind of want to pick Mozu to pass Aptitude to the kid.

I am my greatest enemy at this game... I accidentally select the wrong command thus causing a unit to die.

Though in my defense the game didn't show the unit in a danger zone, yet the enemy still was able to move and attack her, so I don't get what was up with that.

The danger zone cannot predict what you will do. For instance in a paralogue there is a ship that moves back and forth around your position so the danger zone cannot take this into account. If you break a wall or a pot blocking a path and it's the last unit playing you will end up opening a new path and the danger zone is no longer accurate.

Shun

This. So much this. I have nobody married off yet because I'm terrified of making a shit child.

If it is too much trouble, here is a mostly ideal list anyway. This is assuming Male Kamui. Female, choose one of the other children.

These give a pretty good or ideal base stat and growth for each child and you can get the other classes and skills through buying skills or S/A+ ranking.

These work pretty well with PvP though you may need to switch things a little since PvP balance is different from in game balance.

Aqua is probably the hardest to find the best pair because she possibly makes the other child frail, and Mozume is really filler to be honest. She isn't amazing unit nor is she an amazing parent either in terms of stats.

白夜
Kamui/
Matoi
Tsubaki/Hinoka
Ryouma/Kagerou
Hinata/Mozume
Suzukaze/Rinka
Cyrus/Kazahana
Nishiki/Oboro
Tsukuyomi/Sakura
Asama/Felicia
Saizou/Orochi
Joker/Aqua
Takumi/Setsuna

闇夜
Kamui/
Ophelia
Odin/Felicia
Suzukaze/Belka
Zero/Camilla
Flannel/Luna
Leon/Nyx
Marx/Charlotte
Laswald/Pieri
Harold/Elfie
Joker/Elise
Cyrus/Aqua
Benoit/Mozume

Hinata, Kagerou, and Oboro can be mostly paired with anyone. Hinoka also makes a good parent as well. These characters pair them up with a parent that needs the stats most.

Day 2 of RNG hax. Everything is just landing crit after crit.

Game loves me.

edit: Mozu stop being broken. You're doing crits even on counters.
edit 2: Jakob stop the hax, you've landed crits in every encounter so far.
edit 3: Ok, RNG gods are definitely on my side, how the hell am I landing more crits than yesterday.

Cruxist

Conquest Chapter 18 is the worst chapter. I think it's broken me. I think I'm bailing on classic.

All of the stupid ninjas have throwing stars so they can chip you down, and it seems like every other character has that after attack damage ability. I took one casualty and after so many resets just said screw it and kept going. Got to the boss and attacked with literally my entire remaining team. Every single character missed. Every single one! I almost threw my ds at the wall.

Shun

Conquest Chapter 18 is the worst chapter. I think it's broken me. I think I'm bailing on classic.

All of the stupid ninjas have throwing stars so they can chip you down, and it seems like every other character has that after attack damage ability. I took one casualty and after so many resets just said screw it and kept going. Got to the boss and attacked with literally my entire remaining team. Every single character missed. Every single one! I almost threw my ds at the wall.

I think you mean 17, 18 has no ninja.

Weapon Triangle.

Axes and Bows beat Ninja with kunai.

Debuffs hurt, but you can stall the entire map and for the final boss just use the weapon triangle and pair up as advantage to defeat him.

Cruxist

I think you mean 17, 18 has no ninja.

Weapon Triangle.

Axes and Bows beat Ninja with kunai.

Debuffs hurt, but you can stall the entire map and for the final boss just use the weapon triangle and pair up as advantage to defeat him.

Yeah, 17, my bad.

I just need a break for a moment. It's driving me nuts.

Sakura also needs a gentleman. I was thinking either Silas or Subaki. Basically one of the sisters are gonna marry Silas.

I initially wanted to pair Corrin with Hana but her VA turned me off lol

I paired him with Oboro

Ok thats fair. Its more like who is worthy of Oboro.

Takumi is.

Fan base is in a revolt over Ryoma/Scarlet.

That was an option in the Japanese version? I invited her to my room and shes a lot cuter up close. Her VA is pretty good too!

If it is too much trouble, here is a mostly ideal list anyway. This is assuming Male Kamui. Female, choose one of the other children.

Thanks! I'll use this as a reference.

Luigi87

Who's the best wife for Keaton? Kind of want to pick Mozu to pass Aptitude to the kid.

The danger zone cannot predict what you will do. For instance in a paralogue there is a ship that moves back and forth around your position so the danger zone cannot take this into account. If you break a wall or a pot blocking a path and it's the last unit playing you will end up opening a new path and the danger zone is no longer accurate.

I don't think I did anything.
... maybe I moved a unit (which in case then yeah that's my bad) but hmm...

Anywho, just used two Rescues in Chapter 11 Conquest in order to beat from behind Azama then GTFO. Hopefully I don't regret that action later.

Why is Ryoma so godlike? Like anyone stupid enough to attack him seems almost guaranteed to get a critical knee and sword to the face or lightning.

I very quickly married him off to Setsuna.

Top Bottom