• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

I feel like I fucked up marrying Azura in Birthright. Maybe save that for Revelations since that just feels like the canon path and canon pairing.

Strongly considering starting over, even though I'm 20 hours and 17 chapters in...

Nah, she wasn't an option in Japan either, she's Corrinsexual in both games.

Ah gotcha. Even if youre Female Corrin?

Vamphuntr

I feel like I fucked up marrying Azura in Birthright. Maybe save that for Revelations since that just feels like the canon path and canon pairing.

Strongly considering starting over, even though I'm 20 hours and 17 chapters in...

Ah gotcha. Even if youre Female Corrin?

I married Azura in Conquest. Kana is probably my second best unit after Corrin and I switched Shigure to Dark Falcon because why not and he's surprisingly useful.

Chase17

I've lost on endgame birthright twice. This is awful. I know it should be too tough.

So annoying that I have to replay chapter 27.

PsionBolt

Nohr 19ish

- Big open map
- The enemies all randomly turn pacifist mode on and off
- This happens at the end of your turn and not theirs, I guess because they had to somehow make up for making reinforcements fair this time around
- The big groups don't all change at once; half are invincible and half are not
- They don't charge you, you have to bait them (including the half of the group that's invincible)
- They nearly all have Pass

No, game. This is not good. This is dumb.

Ok starting over (from chapter 6) after I plan out my pairings in Birthright. If I get bored I'll just resume from my chapter 17 save.

Thinking of doing female Corrin for Conquest afterwards.

Eusis

AJ1lp4w.jpg
As amazing as this is I wonder if this really hightlights the views of language and word usage differing between native English speakers and the Japanese more than anything. The second box's dialogue seems like it'd fit the first one perfectly, but reading a translation of that dialogue I wonder if maybe to them the second box seems a little... harder and blunt?

Does that mean every character ever properly localized is Jotaro compared to their Japanese counterparts?

Luigi87

"attacking a defenseless monk"

sure lol

Such a troll moment, lol

Anywho, chapter 11 completed.

Sent Niles around to take down the Sky Knights surrounding Hinoka, while Azura would Sing or Silas would Shelter + Azura sing in order to extract Niles from the danger zone. Meant to give Silas the exp against Hinoka, but due to me not paying attention when I had Nyx take out the healer at the back she filled in the last open spot around Hinoka, so I just had Niles finish the map.

Shun

As amazing as this is I wonder if this really hightlights the views of language and word usage differing between native English speakers and the Japanese more than anything. The second box's dialogue seems like it'd fit the first one perfectly, but reading a translation of that dialogue I wonder if maybe to them the second box seems a little... harder and blunt?

Does that mean every character ever properly localized is Jotaro compared to their Japanese counterparts?

No that is just sutti just one twitter user who likes to joke on the internet and make memes out of everything.

His account is full of that kind of flavor of the week stuff. He drew it.

The english Sakura is just more direct in tone.

Kaisos

No that is just sutti just one twitter user who likes to joke on the internet and make memes out of everything.

Of course, it's now being used to prove that the localization is bad and that American views of women are damaged and wrong.

I married Azura in Conquest. Kana is probably my second best unit after Corrin and I switched Shigure to Dark Falcon because why not and he's surprisingly useful.

Their kids look cool and I imagine them to be strong as hell. I'm resetting but taking this path during Revelations.

I wonder how Ryoma / Azura will work out. Hmmm.

How long would you guys say is the Birthright campaign?

Just finished the game. It took me about 30 hours, and that was with doing the paralogues.

I've lost on endgame birthright twice. This is awful. I know it should be too tough.

So annoying that I have to replay chapter 27.

Yeah, that had me on edge.
I went for the kill on first turn. Had to give Ryoma two Boots so I could hit the boss with him after clearing the General out of the way. I was really close to losing someone. Thank goodness I had made my Avatar a Dread Fighter and had Aggressor.

Eusis

Ah, well then. It does seem to me though that the original Japanese version is trying too hard to be nice/polite, while the English one is more natural for that kind of personality in this language.

Renewed

Is there a limit to how many permanent stat raising items you can use on one character?

I guess until you hit the cap. Or maybe not. I can just load up the save and buy a bunch of those perma-boosts and see what happens... if my brother wasn't hogging my 3DS.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

True Waifu is Felicia. Her special ability is basically that she supports your main.

I did it in my game. It worked pretty well. Both kids were strong and useful, even though I decided to not use them more than a few times.

Oh sweet. I think I'll do that for Birthright. Hope the supports are good.

True Waifu is Felicia. Her special ability is basically that she supports your main.

I'm considering that too but she and Hinata had a cute C support so I want to explore that further. Choices~

Chase17

And I blew it.

Messed up the interpretation of the hexing rod. Thought it would cut his current health in half. Not max. He had 5 health left :(

I'll give it one last go tonight.

(playing Birthright first) I could not care less how the children turn out. I just go with whatever characters seem well matched to each other and thus went with the classic affair between a lady and her butler, because Jacob is too damn cute.

Chase17

5th time is the charm, Birthright endgame here I come. Hopefully I'll be able to beat it when I use the hexing rod properly this time.

EDarkness

I'm just curious because I don't remember this happening before, but does Fire Emblem Fates save what happens in a fight? I had one of my characters get killed because of a crappy hit that should of missed, so I loaded up the save prior to that hit and the same thing happens every time. No matter how many time I reset, the outcome is always the same. I even tried turning off my 3DS and coming back later, but it doesn't change. I'm going to guess that it saves some data somewhere to keep people from trying to game the RNG when they get a bad roll, but I'm wondering if there is a way to go around it?

After changing my mind a few times, these are the Birthright pairs that I decided on:

Corrin x Felicia
Ryoma x Azura
Takumi x Oboro
Hinoka x Silas
Sakura x Subaki

Kaze x Hana
Saizo x Kagero
Kaden x Rinkah
Hinata x Mozu

The rest I'll pair in whatever way looks interesting and mix in some Gen 2. For Revelations I'll probably do Ryoma x Kagero, Corrin x Azura, Sakura x Saizo.

(playing Birthright first) I could not care less how the children turn out. I just go with whatever characters seem well matched to each other and thus went with the classic affair between a lady and her butler, because Jacob is too damn cute.

Same. Its more about personality / design vs stats for me.

I honestly didn't find the supports super great, but it was cute I guess. I was too miffed that he couldn't romance Scarlet.

Ah gotcha. Yeah I wish Ryoma and Scarlet could be a thing but oh well.

vareon

Lol I keep being arrogant in Birthright Chapter 16 and got my units dying. Fourth time trying now, all due to my carelessness.

pariah164

Its more about personality / design vs stats for me.
I'm leaning the same way, but I'll still keep Shun's list handy for my Revelation run. My main pairing will more than likely be Pari (FeMU)/Jakob because I am a massive sucker for nobility falling in love with their servants. Rest are up in the air till I do more of their supports.

pariah164

Anyone start Conquest right after Birthright? I want to, but I'm a little worried about burnout.
I break up my play sessions with little bits of Superbeat Xonic or Project Mirai. I will probably do a longer bout of a rhythm game after I finish Birthright, but for the most part, I'll power through to Conquest.

I break up my play sessions with little bits of Superbeat Xonic or Project Mirai. I will probably do a longer bout of a rhythm game after I finish Birthright, but for the most part, I'll power through to Conquest.
Yoooo. That's a good idea. Maybe I'll do the same.
Some have, but if you're worried about burnout hold off a bit.

I think I'm only going to play Rev, just because of the burnout myself.
Yeah, I've considered that, but I don't want to miss out on the good things I've heard about Conquest's campaign.

Cruxist

Anybody else had the game crash?

I was on the cutscenes before Conquest chapter 18 on the special edition cart and the game froze and reset.

Neol

Going through Conquest and just got Odin. Have to admit I laughed pretty hard seeing his skill.

Anyone start Conquest right after Birthright? I want to, but I'm a little worried about burnout.

Just did this today.

Helps to take breaks here and there. When I got stuck on some of the chapters I put it down for the day so I don't frustrate/burn myself out. Conquest feels pretty refreshing though but maybe that's because I like the characters/chapters more in Nohr in general.

This isn't terrible, but that's because it's using a list of recommendations that actually is good and then shitting on it, but not enough to ruin it entirely.

look through each character's actual pairing recommendations instead (Berserker Charlotte and Wolfssegner Keaton S support gives +8 str/+5 spd and +7 str/+4 spd/+2 def respectively so good)

I'm leaning the same way, but I'll still keep Shun's list handy for my Revelation run. My main pairing will more than likely be Pari (FeMU)/Jakob because I am a massive sucker for nobility falling in love with their servants. Rest are up in the air till I do more of their supports.

I like that dynamic too and it also helps that their servants are usually well designed and match nicely with their masters.

Felicias goofiness won me over and her Live 2D model in the private quarters look great.

Squire

Banned
Birthright 14: Another epic engagement. Once you breach the fortress it's straight 🔥🔥🔥

God *damn* Ryoma.

Starting Birthright and having to betray the Nohr siblings after playing Conquest is rough. They were quite cool. Really liked them. The guilt trip is too effective now. :(

Gotta say, still annoyed that there has been exactly zero interesting recruitments in either route. Every character is either just given to you for free or is the least out-of-the-way talk that they might as well be free. Gimme a Shinon or an Astram or even Tharja, just make it interesting.

On another note the ninja boss from Mokushu is a huge asshole on Conquest with his FE6 throne bullshit.

Top Bottom