• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Anustart

How do I know if a weapon is better than what I have? Are all weapons supposed to disable skills? All the weapons in the shop seem to disable them.

Anbec7

so how does the special edition works ?
Start the game and then you get to chapter 5-6 where you choose your side and then you just can go back later and start the conquest part?

ChrisD

I'm still in the pre-split portion of the game (barely had any time to play) and I'm getting annoyed by the way it keeps just progressing the story without cutting to a menu or giving a break of any sort. After chapter 6, this will change, right?

P.S. Is there a reputable beginner's guide anywhere? Cause I already lost a person (retreated, she comes back I believe as long as it's still before chapter six) so I know I'm gonna need some help on that front.

There will be menus and My Castle mode to break the action after 6, yes.

I'm still in the pre-split portion of the game (barely had any time to play) and I'm getting annoyed by the way it keeps just progressing the story without cutting to a menu or giving a break of any sort. After chapter 6, this will change, right?

P.S. Is there a reputable beginner's guide anywhere? Cause I already lost a person (retreated, she comes back I believe as long as it's still before chapter six) so I know I'm gonna need some help on that front.

Chapter 1-6 are basically tutorials, don't worry, once you get past that, you'll get the menu+ my castle.

Anteo

Start the game and then you get to chapter 5-6 where you choose your side and then you just can go back later and start the conquest part?

I bought conquest, after beating that one chapter I got a new option below "New Game" that says "Branch of Fate", the game will start at the branching point. No idea what happens with the level ups.

Ok I know this is the Fates OT so forgive me but I don't want to start a new thread just for this :p

In Awakening, if I'm just doing a casual normal run through should I bother doing second seals before master seals? If so, why? If not, what should I do with all these seals? I've just finished chapter 10.

Thanks in advance :p

I bought conquest, after beating that one chapter I got a new option below "New Game" that says "Branch of Fate", the game will start at the branching point. No idea what happens with the level ups.

All of your level ups for the characters stay the same, so if you spent over an hour just letting Azura dance so she can be level 20 or something, the game will remember that and she will still be that same level when you start at the Branch of Fate.

If you want to change that, just restart from Chapter 1.

I just learn even if someone transferred their jap save with Minerva in it, she can't be recruited. I feel devastated now lol Minerva is my all-time favorite FE girl ;-; That art looks so beautiful too :(
WtxEZFr.jpg

Anteo

Ok I know this is the Fates OT so forgive me but I don't want to start a new thread just for this :p

In Awakening, if I'm just doing a casual normal run through should I bother doing second seals before master seals? If so, why? If not, what should I do with all these seals? I've just finished chapter 10.

Never second seal before master seal. Never. Unless your character is already of an advanced class like Frederick or Libra (they already used a master seal before joining your party). Or you have reclassed like a million times and you are just looking for a specific low tier skill like armshift

Some extra tip: Spam heal with your healer, even when someone is missing just one hp, Lissa can get to lvl 20 by the time Chrom gets to 14-15 doing this

Also, there is a thread for fire emblem awakening over here, if you dont want your post to be buried by fates: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542781&page=288

Hazmat

It's better to just use master seals on someone when they get to level 20. Reclassing characters with second seals is really only needed if you're trying to pick up skills from lots of different classes to build a perfect end-game party.

Draxal

I just learn even if someone transferred their jap save with Minerva in it, she can't be recruited. I feel devastated now lol Minerva is my all-time favorite FE girl ;-; That art looks so beautiful too :(
WtxEZFr.jpg

The cipher units look really awful in the game, gigantic square boxes compared to the transparent cutouts every other character has.

Never second seal before master seal. Never. Unless your character is already of an advanced class like Frederick or Libra (they already used a master seal before joining your party). Or you have reclassed like a million times and you are just looking for a specific low tier skill like armshift

Some extra tip: Spam heal with your healer, even when someone is missing just one hp, Lissa can get to lvl 20 by the time Chrom gets to 14-15 doing this

Also, there is a thread for fire emblem awakening over here, if you dont want your post to be buried by fates: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542781&page=288
Awesome advice, thank you, and thanks for the links!
It's better to just use master seals on someone when they get to level 20. Reclassing characters with second seals is really only needed if you're trying to pick up skills from lots of different classes to build a perfect end-game party.
Alright, I'm glad. Thanks so much!

Zaventem

I sometimes wish they didn't make dlc maps for grinding because that's exactly what i'm gonna do when it becomes available. I have no self control lol

Map Pack 1 was available for purchase last night, didn't actually try any so I don't know if they all say that they're not released when choosing them, though.

Has been available for purchase a long time now.

Yes. Once you pick a side the first time, you can start a new campaign from Chapter 6 though. This works the same way for anyone who has purchased the additional campaigns as DLC.

Yep

You can get her fairly early on
She's better than Donnel ever was for me.

I turned her into an Archer the moment I got her, she's now a Sniper and easily has the most kills on my team and crits like nobody's fucking business. Speaking of which she has the best damn 2nd attack animation and critical animation. That backwards leap is gold and the way she twirls the arrow in her hand before the shot is so fucking smooth.

The cipher units look really awful in the game, gigantic square boxes compared to the transparent cutouts every other character has.

Really? I only seen that art and it looks beautiful, I'll try to find a in-game picture and see. Though I herd Minerva has an exclusive class, she uses the old pegasus knight class (looking at FE Wiki)

Draxal

Really? I only seen that art and it looks beautiful, I'll try to find a in-game picture and see. Though I herd Minerva has an exclusive class, she uses the old pegasus knight class (looking at FE Wiki)

It looked like the guest artist dlc units from Awakening, completely out of place. Even thought Kozaki did Marth and Masked Lucina they look off as well.

spiritfox

I legit just got her, and that's what inspired the question. Haha. I guess I'll start investing in her, haha.

Villager is not the same as in Awakening, it's just a normal class with no extra level ups. It's best you Heart Seal her to Archer for more utility unless you want the skills.

Taruranto

Conquest 26

Once I figured out I shouldn't try to split my guys, it went rather smoothly. My army is lacking when it comes to decent axe users (Percy has decent stats but somehow manages to suck most of the times, uh).
Ryoma
was disappointing easy, he literally got 2-shots by Odin.

I'm surprised Nintendo didn't censor
Ryoma's harakiri, then again there wasn't any blood.

Reminds me of this (only look if you finish Awakening + know the truth abt Odin)

Oh yeah, the children character can also be paired up with the avatar and give birth.

What a clusterfuck lol.

aravuus

Thought I'd replay Awakening since we're not getting Fates in euroland for a couple of more months, but I've lost my copy. Fuck.

So a reminder that the first week of DLC, namely Boo Camp and Beach Brawl, will be coming out later today. Let's hope there is a lack of curtains in the latter, if only so that there isn't yet another thread about the localization.

Draxal

Conquest 26

Once I figured out I shouldn't try to split my guys, it went rather smoothly. My army is lacking when it comes to decent axe users (Percy has decent stats but somehow manages to suck most of the times, uh).
Ryoma
was disappointing easy, he literally got 2-shots by Odin.

I'm surprised Nintendo didn't censor
Ryoma's harakiri, then again there wasn't any blood.

Oh yeah, the children character can also be paired up with the avatar and give birth.

What a clusterfuck lol.

Children character spoilers Awakening ...

Cordelia/Lissa/and Olivia can be great grandmothers now as can every pretty much every male in the Awakenig cast. It's even funnier when you relaized this game takes a long time before Awakening.

It looked like the guest artist dlc units from Awakening, completely out of place. Even thought Kozaki did Marth and Masked Lucina they look off as well.

Just saw it, kinda does look weird in-game. Regardless still a bit disappointed, I love Minerva and kinda always want her in my team if she's playable.

To all FE players, what do you think of the new class added? Personally, I love the new classes. Kinshi Knight looks really beautiful and can't wait to try it.
Ninja/Master Ninja are fun to play with but it can burn to hell if you have to see it (chapter 17's ninja cave of doom)

silva1991

Should I use Arms scroll to level up dragonstone proficiency? so far I haven't seen another dragonstone that requires higher proficiency.so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Lunar15

Conquest Ch 9 still: I feel like, aside from Corrin, Effie is my only truly reliable unit.

Fuck those skills that sap 6 defense. My god.

She quickly became my favorite unit after exploring her supports. Turns out she's hypercritical on and off the battlefield. Her stink eye is strong.

I unlocked her first support with Takumi which was cute. Tempted to ship them. Shes on my shortlist of favorite units since many dont really stand out so far. Im still early.

Hinata and Felicias first support was also cute.

appaws

Banned
Dread Fighter is pretty bad ass. I made Rinkah into one and she now tears shit up.

How do these special items that you get, like the dread seals, work? Do I have to save my other one if I want it for conquest...? Or will I have two again when I play that game next?

Dimmle

I unlocked her first support with Takumi which was cute. Tempted to ship them. Shes on my shortlist of favorite units since many dont really stand out so far. Im still early.

Hinata and Felicias first support was also cute.
I recommend Oboro's supports with Saizo. It's a clash of iron wills.

Hard

Banned
Just got both versions physical. Which one should I start with?

First FE game ever, but I'm pretty well-versed with SRPGs (Disgaea, Jeanne D'Arc). Leaning towards Conquest but I dunno.

pariah164

I had Gold problems until Chapter 13 when a Town gave me 10,000 of it + some extra from Bandits. Thought I misread the amount at first with the Town.
All right. Will hang in and try not to use staffs till then.

First FE game ever, but I'm pretty well-versed with SRPGs (Disgaea, Jeanne D'Arc). Leaning towards Conquest but I dunno.
If this is your first FE, you should start with Birthright. Conquest is much, much harder difficulty wise, and made for FE veterans.

Insolitus

Banned

Edit: Just go Birthright if you haven't played Fire Emblem before.

vareon

Sooo I just learned the existence of
Deeprealms

Ahahahahahahahahahahahah

Edit: I married Corrin right after chapter 14 just to see how it plays. Will
Deeprealma
be touched in the main story? I don't mind a bit of spoiler on this.

Draxal

If you can return one of the games I would. It makes much more sense to buy one hard copy, and get the other copy as dlc.

appaws

Banned

You know that's not ideal, right? It's better to just get one physical and get the second one digitally. 20 dollars cheaper plus you get items and stuff.

Of course if you are a collector and just wanted both that's cool too...but you might end up downloading one anyway and dropping another 20.

Birthright is probably your best bet for a first FE.

Dimmle

Birthright offers a fraction of the kind of optional grinding you find in Disgaea. Conquest will be a starker contrast.

pariah164

Private Quarters question: Do you have to spend time with one of the characters that have hearts on them? Or can you pick someone else? I'd really like up my support with another character that doesn't have a heart on them...

Draxal

Private Quarters question: Do you have to spend time with one of the characters that have hearts on them? Or can you pick someone else? I'd really like up my support with another character that doesn't have a heart on them...

You can spend time with someone else but they won't gain support.

ChrisD

Chapter 14 Birthright was... Interesting. The dozen+ reenforcements in one turn made for a two-part battle. Normally I'd say I hate when loads of enemies are spawned in, it didn't bug me here. Probably because it gives you plenty of time to work towards the second force instead of dropping it on you during battle with the first.

Gonna' see if I can avoid using Ryoma. I friggin' hate his design.

Top Bottom