• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken demo coming tonight on PSN

Elios83

Given the reaction here this game is probably gonna bomb hard. And then ignorant as fuck investors or leads gonna blame demos. Or anything but their own incompetence. We had this plenty of times in the past.

Did someone a voice over this? Sounds like a streamer trying to make the sounds of the protagonist. "yep.... yep". This is real bad.
Game is fine, the parkour and magic systems are really fun if you're willing to learn how to use them and try the demo for more than 5 minutes.
The main issue I see is that it needs a strong main campaign and story to back it up because the standard open world activities they have created are bound to become repetitive after a few hours like in a Ubisoft game.

vpance

It feels like a game that is specifically tailored to young teenagers. Right at the age where they age out of the kid stage, it feels like the game is trying to be cool, but only cool to very young teenagers. It's such a weird tone to it.

How can they expect us to pay these sorts of sums when they don't even hire real writers? I am tired of the amateurish nature of video game writing and lore. Take it seriously man.

The constant commentary from the characters sounds so out of place and detached, it's incredibly bizarre to listen to.

Those Gary Whitta writing credits

Animated GIF

Flutta

Banned
Game is fine, the parkour and magic systems are really fun if you're willing to learn how to use them and try the demo for more than 5 minutes.
The main issue I see is that it needs a strong main campaign and story to back it up because the standard open world activities they have created are bound to become repetitive after a few hours like in a Ubisoft game.

With that type of writing i’m sorry to say but that train is far gone. Only thing left for us to know now is how bad the story actually is. From what i’ve seen so far i just want to 🤮

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It feels like a game that is specifically tailored to young teenagers. Right at the age where they age out of the kid stage, it feels like the game is trying to be cool, but only cool to very young teenagers. It's such a weird tone to it.

How can they expect us to pay these sorts of sums when they don't even hire real writers? I am tired of the amateurish nature of video game writing and lore. Take it seriously man.

The constant commentary from the characters sounds so out of place and detached, it's incredibly bizarre to listen to.
I agree. I don’t even get where this comes from. From like 11 onward, kids from my generation always wanted to play as cool, badass, mature, heroic characters.

Not these “likeable”, relatable, yappy self-insert type characters.

I blame social media for wrongly teaching kids that their opinions matter, and that their reactions and “witty” one-liner hot takes are valued by others.

Doom85

I agree. I don’t even get where this comes from. From like 11 onward, kids from my generation always wanted to play as cool, badass, mature, heroic characters.

Eh, I’ll take Frey over a good deal of the overly edgy leads that preteens/teens from my generation wanted to follow. Give me overly enthusiastic Naruto over “I listen to too much Simple Plan” Sasuke.

And LMAO actually at acting like kids/teens can’t have relevant opinions. The fact that a show called Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? was made alone proves a kid can be smarter than some so-called “adults”.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
We already did have stuff like that on previous gen, even with open world games, and they honestly were more pleasing to the eyes than this. And were better games too.

Name the plethora of games last gen that had the graphical fidelity of FORSPOKEN and performed just as well.

Those Gary Whitta writing credits

Google says: Rogue One, After Earth, Star Wars: Rebels and, most surprisingly, The Book of Eli. Feels like a soft lo-fi fantasy tale shouldn't be too hard (especially with the assistance of industry veterans).

Eh, I’ll take Frey over a good deal of the overly edgy leads that preteens/teens from my generation wanted to follow. Give me overly enthusiastic Naruto over “I listen to too much Simple Plan” Sasuke.

And LMAO actually at acting like kids/teens can’t have relevant opinions. The fact that a show called Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? was made alone proves a kid can be smarter than some so-called “adults”.

Folks are allowed to have their opinions, but a lot of these seem to just be grasping at something, ANYTHING to justify their pre-judging of the game. "I knew it was gonna be bullspit, and gosh I'm so disappointed to see that it is. Every hacky opinion I have about the 'blue haired crowd' has been - once again! - validated. #SadEmoji."

Last edited:
Interestingly enough I only ran into the dialogue annoyances a few times while playing the demo. It’s like seeing what gen X Japanese focus groups think western millennials and gen Z are like. Definitely cringeworthy but I have enough beef with the rest of the game to say “what were they thinking?”. I really love the enemy designs and the music is pretty good. That’s where the praise stops though.

- The font they use is atrocious. It’s literally tHiS fOnT tHaT kIdS lOvE! Everything is also skewed so that you can’t just comfortably read a word.

- Menus are useless there is a huge skewed picture, and the text is placed on the bottom left and top right with a bunch of empty space in between. You can’t even find a list of spells for your skill tree, you need to scroll between runes (all generic and unrecognizable).

- Combat/world interface is atrocious. Impossible to see anything without scanning with your cuff. Picking things up is more hide and seek than resource management.

- Speaking of resource management, there is a ton of worthless stuff even in the demo. Plenty of plants and shit to grind for, why? To say they have crafting. Wish games would stop with the crafting mechanics, they’re terrible.

- Traversal feels awful. Too slow unless you’re parkouring, and then it’s too responsive (until the animations constantly rip control out of your hands). Forced slow walking in buildings.

- Combat was OK. It seems like you have a lot of options, and I can see where there might be depth if given more time to play. But it felt way too button mashy, and the context sensitive parts did not seem to have any rhyme or reason when they activated. It feels like many games do nowadays, where they have a predetermined result they want you to achieve and then try to “help” you do it. I wish it would just trust the player and stop trying to help me along, it just gets in the way. Maybe it’s just me coming from Returnal which is nearly control perfection, but Forspoken Just fought me the whole time.

- Finally, not specific to Forspoken, but the open world is so pointless and empty. Oh look a hut with firewood I can’t carry. Thank god that’s a landmark on my map. And instead there are impassible cliffs everywhere you look, with a temptation to try and climb before your parkour system glitches out halfway during your ascent. It’s clear you are supposed to get more powers and explore more easily, but it just feels tedious and bad. I could deal with it had there been anything of interest to find. I know this is a demo, but shouldn’t they include something to hook players and make them interested in continuing?

This game is going to bomb so hard it’s going to shake SE’s confidence about everything they’re working on, at least until we know if FFXVI is awesome or another FFXV.

ProtoByte

There are no loadings and no stutters while traversing the world. Unfortunately the game itself is not so great. Again SE are doing a game aimed at adults featuring a super "cool" teenager. They did the same mistake with FF15.
Do don't do that to Noctis, bro. Don't lump him in with Frey.

Honest question. For those that hate it, is it because you think the quality of the game is literally that bad, or is it more because of expectations vs reality? I'm certainly not in love with the game or anything, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. Pretty average I'd say, which isn't saying much for justifying a $70 price tag, but still.

Reactions: Isa
there is a nugget of something good here. But if this is an actual part of the real game, id be concerned.
It actually made me more concerned for the Harry Potter game. Because theres no chance that the magic combat in Hogwarts will be as good as this, and even here its not satisfying.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
z6mQTna.jpg

The lead character is clearly pondering deep existential questions after vanquishing foes: Why am I here? What is the meaning of all this? Why am I overtaken by this sense of quiet despair? Why is it that during the fight I couldn't stop chattering but now I feel absolutely nothing?
She and the lead character of Hellblade should team up as the Dialogue Duo. They beat enemies by gabbing at them.

Valonquar

How long will it take for someone to mod it by replacing her character model with an anime wifu? I'd love to see JP reactions to the demo.

Last edited:

Chronicle

There have been much better open worlds than Elden Ring way before Elden Ring so let's not act like we are in some "post-Elden Ring era" where every single thing is now gonna be compared to it

Forspoken can suck without that just fine
Thank you Denton

Honest question. For those that hate it, is it because you think the quality of the game is literally that bad, or is it more because of expectations vs reality? I'm certainly not in love with the game or anything, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. Pretty average I'd say, which isn't saying much for justifying a $70 price tag, but still.
I don't hate it but I don't like how the game plays. I think the game engine is quite good and shows potential.

I mean, at least Frey isn’t an actual broken record. And really, having now played the demo, um, yeah I wasn’t annoyed by the talking. Nothing about this type of game makes me feel it needs to have a silent/mostly silent protagonist. A Soulsborne game, sure, but not this one.

nah. repeat ad nauseum battlecry stuff, primarily found in jrpgs, & which only happens during combat sequences, isn't what's being discussed here. whether it's any more or less offensive than what we are talking about is purely subjective (i personally find both to be just about equally irritating)...

Last edited:
I was hopeful for this game, as the combat appeared good in trailers and showcases, while the writing always seemed terrible. But this was due to Hollywood Z listers from California for some Godforsaken reason being hired to do the writing, while the Japanese devs did everything else. So I was thinking I could play the game with dialogue muted and skipping cutscenes.

Alas, its much worse than I hoped for. There is a glimmer of something good buried under a bunch of horrible decisions, the spells can create interesting combos and the parkouring specifically near places with a lot of jumping (just one in the demo the empty village with many rooftops) functions well if you change the default settings from horrendous to playable. But that is the exception for now I'm afraid. They also seem to think that more spells == better gameplay while the opposite is true. More well refined but fewer spells instead of constant spam would have been so much more enjoyable. Not to mention too much stuff on screen makes it impossible to follow your spells effects and the game also has incredibly boring enemies to fight. Another beyond braindead move is making the enemies drop tiny pellets of loot... in a game consisting of 95% grass fields. It is literally not possible to see the drops vast majority of time.

Another thing, I wish this game was like FFXV, as I love that game, but I will be the first to acknowledge it isn't perfect and was rushed out after being removed from Nomura's 10 year thumb twiddling exercise. People who say the world is like FFXV are nuts, as every location of that game has much more things to discover (though not an immense amount, just much more than this demo) and every location is far more detailed and the world cohesive. FFXV world looks like the tagline, a fantasy based on reality. And to me it works, you have a car that you can drive to places of interest or Chocobos to travel to campsites. Like you would travel in, y'know reality? (not the Chocobo part smartasses, yes I am preempting you) Not every square inch of real life has another shiny object to interact with. But it still constantly had points of interests to travel to and seemed like a fantastical interesting world too. Image below is from FFXV demo on PS4, fittingly.

FINAL-FANTASY-XV-EPISODE-DUSCAE_20150321203031.jpg

Forespoken demo area is flat land separated by walls of rock with a few random huts, an empty "castle" and empty "towns" and interactable monoliths to thrown in. That's it, without leaving anything out of the summary. Not to mention the creatures! Every creature can be found everywhere else as everywhere else looks and is the same as every other place. Which again FFXV did absolutely not do, every area had different enemies as they were different places. FFXV also had a time of day and weather system. (Does Forespoken? If anyone here played it long enough lol)

And the "dialogue" and main character...? Less said of her the better. Let me put it this way, worse than the trailers implied.

trikster40

Well that’s one less game I have to buy in 2023. Combat was horrible, character was super annoying. You basically have to hold Circle the entire time while you’re running, the UI was horrible, just overall, just not good.

Seriously, this is the writers in a nutshell:
fellowkids.gif

Sorry Square, better luck next time.

Crayon

Holy shit what happened here. This is a mess. The control is just.... The map..... The banter.... Even the graphics.

I don't even know where to begin. This game looked like it had problems but it was showing a little better every time. Well, this is worse than it looked at any point in their showings. There's no amount of time and money that can fix this.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Played the demo and here are my technical thoughts first:
-HDR is terrible. Very contrasty and weird. Sky is overblown and you can't even see the back of your character because it's underexposed. wtf
-Stupid Ray Tracing mode. I could not find what it does. It doesn't improve shadows or GI or even reflections. Just reduced game LOD and objects distance visibility... and resolution
-default Quality 30fps mode is unplayable. It's so fucking delayed compared to other better 30fps modes in other games. A NIGHTMARE.
-120hz/40fps or unlocked, I am not sure is fine. Quality looks the best. Ray tracing is stupid. Performance is blurry. I guess it's 1080p.... yikes. but it all plays ok.
-I hate the idea of High quality and RT modes being separate.... like.. nobody wants raw 4k or RT with sacrifices... High quality should be some combined thing... 2 modes and 40fps for those who have 120hz tv. I don't allow more modes.
-Checkerboarding artefacts galore. When you rotate the camera, your character face looks like lego for a split second.
-Graphics look kinda flat and terrible in all modes. Really not impressed.

So all in all - terrible use of 3 bad modes... RT just for the sake of it, terrible 30fps vsynced modes, bad graphics, broken HDR. STAY WINNING

some modes comparison shots:

RT and performance modes got such a bad object lod and distance, it's not worth enabling... either use Quality 120hz or performance mode. RT is pointless

edit: I've not experienced the demo... I was so annoyed by the modes and their redundancy that I quit for today... fuck this modes crap. I feel like I have to wait for DF video since no mode is good enough... and bad hdr. This is really bad

Last edited:

Isa

Well I bit the bullet preordered after finally trying the demo. Played with my girlfriend who was enthralled. I suspect its partly due to the more feminine aspects which is actually pretty cool. Not something one sees much. I also suspect that the characters will grow over time as we are only seeing the early stages of the game, though granted sometimes Frey can be a bit much. I was able to stomach her after a bit and more new lines started appearing and I really like the Grimoire guy, he has some funny sarcastic remarks and commentary. The world is mostly fun to explore, I found myself just roaming around having fun though like mentioned I can see it getting old if the story isn't there. I like the old orthodox style sanctuary, the art is nice. Its fun messing with the magic and styles as well as finding weaknesses or even switching to magic the foes aren't weak to but you can group foes together. In one big fight I blasted a harpy creature into the side of a house that gave off a nice little flat cracked texture lol til it disappeared.

Anyway it was pretty fun for us, and my gf was able to easily beat the chest puzzles lol I was struggling. Played with Raytracing mode and though it looked good, not quality like the reveal but still not bad. The movement is sluggish at first and the controls take a moment to adjust to but when it clicked I was naturally using most of my moves in and out of battle with general ease. I expected to dislike it but found myself playing through to the end and looking forward to its release which is fairly soon. I still wish that Agni demo was made manifest however. Maybe one day.

Played the demo and here are my technical thoughts first:
-HDR is terrible. Very contrasty and weird. Sky is overblown and you can't even see the back of your character because it's underexposed. wtf
-Stupid Ray Tracing mode. I could not find what it does. It doesn't improve shadows or GI or even reflections. Just reduced game LOD and objects distance visibility... and resolution
-default Quality 30fps mode is unplayable. It's so fucking delayed compared to other better 30fps modes in other games. A NIGHTMARE.
-120hz/40fps or unlocked, I am not sure is fine. Quality looks the best. Ray tracing is stupid. Performance is blurry. I guess it's 1080p.... yikes. but it all plays ok.
-I hate the idea of High quality and RT modes being separate.... like.. nobody wants raw 4k or RT with sacrifices... High quality should be some combined thing... 2 modes and 40fps for those who have 120hz tv. I don't allow more modes.
-Checkerboarding artefacts galore. When you rotate the camera, your character face looks like lego for a split second.
-Graphics look kinda flat and terrible in all modes. Really not impressed.

So all in all - terrible use of 3 bad modes... RT just for the sake of it, terrible 30fps vsynced modes, bad graphics, broken HDR. STAY WINNING

some modes comparison shots:

RT and performance modes got such a bad object lod and distance, it's not worth enabling... either use Quality 120hz or performance mode. RT is pointless

edit: I've not experienced the demo... I was so annoyed by the modes and their redundancy that I quit for today... fuck this modes crap. I feel like I have to wait for DF video since no mode is good enough... and bad hdr. This is really bad

Playing this on my OLED and I couldn’t help but notice how the back of my character had zero level of detail, just pure black that phased in and out of existence. I never notice stuff like that, and even games like RE2make that were super dark had some level of detail you could see. Meanwhile the character turns away from the camera in broad daylight, and everything disappears, this is ridiculous.

S0ULZB0URNE

Plays like a wannabe Infamous with music that belongs in hogwarts and with a uninspiring character that curses.
Big mixture=big mess.

Nice of them to offer a demo though.

Last edited:

Crayon

"seemed like a waste of time"
"Boring"
"Well there was nothing in there"

Why is she saying these things lol.

Did you notice how to climb frey-height ledge you basically dash and rub into it for a split second before she decides to bicycle kick or can-can, whatever onto it?

The movement system as a whole is what really kills this game. I have played many just-okay games that had good control. Games where you run around and kill trash mobs but its just nice to press buttons. But there are decisions with the handling here that feel downright unatural. As if someone did not know what they were doing when designing it.

Like why does the dash-run need to reboost itself on this rhythm while I'm holding it tu get across these essentially featureless distances? This would be a nitpick on it's own but I think it illustrates the little failures of feedback that add up.

Have you ever tried a level editor and started plopping things on the map without a lot of thought and wondered why it wasn't fun?

I just put on hfw after a few months and back to back it's rediculous. It's not my favorite game but holy shit if you dare behold the difference in control, map layout, quasi-shooter mechanics, graphics, environmental art, enemy patterns, action legibility, on and on. Considering both are going for the same genre and both cost a stupid amount of money and time. Good lord the difference in every single aspect.

Btw I'm playing horizon rn and I swear aloy chatting is the worst thing about it. Actually the branching conversations are right behind so the whole game just needs to stfu.

Things I liked:

- I am fond of Frey's pretty cloaks and comfortable shoes.

-the tap/hold rhythm of the magic attacks was going in a good direction. This is something that might keep getting better after more time for a game to become familiar and open up.

-i like her non-boost running animation. It's refreshingly realistic and we could all use a gentle jog here and there so 10/10 on that would hold forward again.

gothmog

Gold Member
I decided to give it another shot and went through the whole demo. Something must have clicked because I like it. Once you get used to the combat and parkour system it flows nicely. You feel like a badass as you charge into a group of enemies mowing them down with the sword.

Not sure if I would buy it on day 1 but it is definitely on my list of something to watch. I'm kinda hoping that the game will feel less overwhelming when you start with only a few skills. Just looking at the controls I was really confused at first. The chatterbox character and bracelet I largely ignored. The crafting and upgrade system seemed interesting as well.

Toots

Gold Member
Played the whole demo in one sitting (with a pause halfway through), so it did not bore me.
It is a weird choice from the devs to just throw you into the game with a "tutorial" that is more confusing than helping, but when you start understanding things a bit more combat gameplay is fun.

I did not find the game beautiful, but it is not ugly neither, and overall the dialogue between the girl and the cuff did not bother me, they weren't tazlking non stop in my palythrough.

Definitely not a 80 bucks game, but i'll get it for 50 first time i have a chance (hopefully a month after launch or so)...

GymWolf

I wish the parkour sprint was L3 vs O.
Make O a dedicated dodge.
If you only press 0 once it act like a dodge, l3 is already occupied for the non-magic run.

My biggest gripe with button config is having the normal attack button in the trigger instead of R1, if it is okay for ranged, it feels strange for melee.

Hopefully the final game is gonna have a button remap option.

What problems do you have? Maybe i can help a bit.
well I hate weapon wheels in general. Pressing both bumpers just to switch what kinda spell you want, then cycling through with the left stick and your main attacks being triggers is just too much. Would rather attack with face buttons and change weapons or spell with a dpad. The combat itself feels fine it just feels kinda like driving with your feet. (It's early. My analogy game is weak right now.)

OsirisBlack

Banned
well I hate weapon wheels in general. Pressing both bumpers just to switch what kinda spell you want, then cycling through with the left stick and your main attacks being triggers is just too much. Would rather attack with face buttons and change weapons or spell with a dpad. The combat itself feels fine it just feels kinda like driving with your feet. (It's early. My analogy game is weak right now.)
I uninstalled it but if I remember correctly you can quickly change spells by pressing either left or right on the D pad.

oji-san

Banned
Played the demo yesterday and had fun with it, Played the performance mode and it didn't looked bad to me, was good enough and smooth so that's the mode i'll play on full game. I think the game represent what we see in gameplay vids, i got exactly what i saw before playing and i like it, many magic options and cool traversal.
2 things that bothered me are HUD and menus, like they choose to make the menus/HUD cool and arty on the expanse of clarity and that what i want the most in HUD etc, not to squint my eyes to understand what's going on. Other thing is that i would prefer not to hold the circle button in order to sprint, make it with the regular L3 would be much appreciated.

OsirisBlack

Banned
The game is middling in every aspect its probably about a 5/10 for me. Not horrible but nothing more than average at best. Not even based on expectations as I really didn't expect much from this game I just wanted it to be good.

The open world is completely lifeless and the only thing you do in the demo is run from one group of monsters to the next in a barren world. It just wasn't fun. The combat felt off to me at least especially with the constant attacking with the right trigger it just feels wrong. Graphics are definitely downgraded from what they showed early on unless that is directly PC footage but I believe it did say captured on PS5. The movement also felt off.

I won't get into the character as once I found out you could limit her talking she isn't as bad. But for that to be her default it sure does lean heavily into random Eff bombs.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I have a partial solution.

You can change type of magic with the dpad left or right or swiping the touchpad, so no more bumper press.

Then turn on the option that chose automatically an attack that is not in cooldown so you can always have a charge attack ready almost all the time.

Of course if you have a favourite skill and you always want to use that one they have cooldowns like any game based on cooldowns so there is no solution for that, but the cooldowns for the attack i use the most (the stone machine gun and stone bomb and the fire punches and fire spear and fire sword) the cooldown are super fast, like 2-3 sec fast so it should not be a problem, you also have an equipment that make recharge way faster, can't remember if it is nails or cape or the necklace.
The support magic has slower cooldown so the game automatically switching to the one that is not in cooldown should be more helpful.

You can also charge to level 3 (if you upgrade the skills in the magic menu) by doing this

Last edited:

Ansphn

A few fixes would improve this game immensely :

1. Let me move faster when clicking the L3 (run) button. It makes no sense for her to be so fast when clicking O but run around so slow. She should move faster at all times.

2. Fix the control mapping or allow button map options.

GymWolf

A few fixes would improve this game immensely :

1. Let me move faster when clicking the L3 (run) button. It makes no sense for her to be so fast when clicking O but run around so slow. She should move faster at all times.

2. Fix the control mapping or allow button map options.
I think the system work exactly like infamous with the neon run, a brief touch to evade, hold to run, both game have that on the O button.

Always moving at that speed would be bad in small spaces or when you need a bit more precision, for me it was a good choice to have a normal run and magic faster run, but i can understand not liking the button position.

But yeah hopefully they are gonna let you remap the buttons in the final game (i think ps5 can do that on a system level)

Ansphn

I think the system work exactly like infamous with the neon run, a brief touch to evade, hold to run, both game have that on the O button.

Always moving at that speed would be bad in small spaces or when you need a bit more precision, for me it was a good choice to have a normal run and magic faster run, but i can understand not liking the button position.

But yeah hopefully they are gonna let you remap the buttons in the final game (i think ps5 can do that on a system level)
The PS5 system button mapping is not as good as it game button mapping imo. I dont like how it changes the buttons for everything.

Last edited:
so I haven't played this yet but do you guys think if the devs nuked the extraneous self banter it would improve the experience? Or is the gameplay deeply flawed as well?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The game is middling in every aspect its probably about a 5/10 for me. Not horrible but nothing more than average at best. Not even based on expectations as I really didn't expect much from this game I just wanted it to be good.

The open world is completely lifeless and the only thing you do in the demo is run from one group of monsters to the next in a barren world. It just wasn't fun. The combat felt off to me at least especially with the constant attacking with the right trigger it just feels wrong. Graphics are definitely downgraded from what they showed early on unless that is directly PC footage but I believe it did say captured on PS5. The movement also felt off.

I won't get into the character as once I found out you could limit her talking she isn't as bad. But for that to be her default it sure does lean heavily into random Eff bombs.

The music is supergeneric magic too. Like if I typed "magic music" in google lol.
I am still not flagging the game crap just yet though. Can't be worse than Callisto protocol.

Not sure about analcrapista. Performance mode don't look 1440p. It's very blurry
and 4k 30fps modes are extremely slow to control

Last edited:

vpance

Maybe these environment quality will show up later on

W15BUlR.gif

This smells like some kind of quickie cash grab game built from an internal tech demo.

GymWolf

I know i said that the enemies were not detailed enough, but it must be an effect of the poor res that make everything look a bit meh, but when you actually go in the enemy gallery, the models are pretty decent for an open worl, their design is pretty generic tho, especially the mutated animals.

forspokendemo_2022121vtfnb.png
forspokendemo_2022121zhizl.png

Even her model is not half bad under the right light
forspokendemo_2022121kbe7m.png

BbMajor7th

I know i said that the enemies were not detailed enough, but it must be an effect of the poor res that make everything look a bit meh, but when you actually go in the enemy gallery, the models are pretty decent for an open worl, their design is pretty generic tho, especially the mutated animals.

forspokendemo_2022121vtfnb.png
forspokendemo_2022121zhizl.png

Even her model is not half bad under the right light
forspokendemo_2022121kbe7m.png
I think the art direction is letting the side down here. From a technical perspective, this is a step above something like Elden Ring, but the art direction makes it look significantly less impressive. That said, it still looks distinctly Gen 8 when you stack it beside something like Horizon Forbidden West.

Top Bottom