• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken is getting meme'd on

Draugoth

Gold Member
Forspoken is getting memed on because of this post on twitter:

And the narration has not been received warmly. Lots of people calling it out for being cringe, comparing it to the likes of Marvel and Joss Whedon's work. Others have taken to applying the same tone to other games.

ManaByte

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Pejo

Well, they always say there's no such thing as bad publicity? At least people are finally talking about the game in their eyes.

I did get a chuckle at the "freaking dragons" thing because everyone gave them shit about her previous line of "mutha-fucking dragon".

This is what the writing team of Gary Whitta, Amy Hennig, Allison Rymer, and Todd Stashwick will get you. The west can not write for shit anymore, it seems.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Luminous studio which scraped together the empty hollow mess that was FF15 after stripping away some of the most appealing aspects/ideas of the original project, coupled with Western creatives and Amy Hennig as the writer... The jury isn't out yet, but in my opinion it is shaping up to be a hollow stinker with cringe dialogue that belongs in Marvel poop.

Last edited:
You could put this VO and writing over TLoU, The Witcher 3, RDR2, TES V - anything - and it would make those games utterly shite.

Imagine playing BOTW with this bullshit nonstop :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: ‘er mah gawd nuh huh did that bokoblin ackshewally just throw a rock at me!?’
If I can get through all of Fenyx Rising while listening to the most cringe characters and jokes for that many hours, this should be no problem.

Banjo64

cumsessed
If I can get through all of Fenyx Rising while listening to the most cringe characters and jokes for that many hours, this should be no problem.
I had to give up after about 6 hours, so fair play to you. I don’t mind childish or simple dialogue, but there’s a fine line between that and annoying IMO, and FR and this game stray in to annoying for me personally. They should add an option for a silent protag.

ManaByte

Yup, that's me, the expert. In Japanese culture, I mean. I'm all about that frickin' honor and shame shit, and Square just like shot themselves in the foot. Ya'll can't screw people over in the Nippon like you can in 'Merica, ya assholes. The Japanese public won't be buying no FFXIII. Square needs to publicly apologizes for their problematic FFXIII port to the three-sixty.

AmuroChan

Sony: We're interested in acquiring you.

S-E: Ok, but first you have to fund this totally rad game we're making called Forspoken.

Sony: Uh.....OK you got a deal!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
That OG tweet, why, who is behind the campaign, writing holy shit anything. It's terrible. Game looks terrible.

I was seeing some text on games today while war twittering and didn't know what it was. Now I know.

This is how I feel right now:

Last edited:

YukiOnna

This whole time I've thought of this game as an annoying hindrance in the way of all the good FF games that are releasing after it and this did not help.

Localization quality has taken a nosedive, the younger target market sucks. Pain.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Yup, that's me, the expert. In Japanese culture, I mean. I'm all about that frickin' honor and shame shit, and Square just like shot themselves in the foot. Ya'll can't screw people over in the Nippon like you can in 'Merica, ya assholes. The Japanese public won't be buying no FFXIII. Square needs to publicly apologizes for their problematic FFXIII port to the three-sixty.
Minions Mic Drop GIF

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I mean... they're not the only ones. Only, creative assembly cringy "gameplay" trailers last 8 whole minutes... 😂

• Empathy
Reactions: amc
Top Bottom