• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FORSPOKEN | Review Thread

What Scores do you think FORSPOKEN will get?

• 0-10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-20%

• 20-30%

• 30-40%

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 40-50%

• 50-60%

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • 85-90%

• 90-95%

• 95-100%

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mossybrew

I am grateful they put a demo out for us to try because it definitely helped me dodge a bullet.

the lackluster visuals, the periodic input lag, the rote combat and world design. Nothing about the demo felt like a current gen game

But gaming is too expensive a hobby for me to drop $70+ on this mediocrity.

Yup, exactly this. Might check it out someday when it's around 20 bucks and I'm bored, but that's about it.

Guilty_AI

Callisto Protocol is 70 on consoles and 68 metacritic on pc.
Cmon now. Callisto was straight up trash that offended me with terrible combat, story, characters, backtracking and ending.
It can't be possible worse than callisto... right ?!.. right ?!
Your $70 investment will let you find out pretty soon

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
it was an innocuous, interesting thing i thought for a half a second and posted. . U getting ur panties in a wad, is a U problem. not a me problem. Its a joke. I know ppl aren't allowed to be funny in the year of our lord 2023 anymore.
if this hurts ur feelings im sure resetera would like some new members.

the game does interest me. I have a PS5. i use mainly for exclusives. I've played the demo. I didn't hate it. Thought it was okayish but empty and boring. I haven't even read or watched 1 review yet. I just saw this thread and ppl all predicting 60s and checked the metacritic
That was humor?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
AAMsTmAAEHdY.png

Then you have Polygon whining about how they dared to portray a black person without making her race/victimhood a part of the plot

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Oddly enough, this is the first Saints Row I played through. 😬
You... You need to rectify this, asap!

The previous were all good in their own ways.
1 Was a bit barebones and seemed a GTA spin off
2 Was a bit more meaty with lots of jank, but it was still great
3 Went off the wall and was a cracking jaunt when you got stuck in
4 Was, well, it went a bit mental and was utterly brilliant for it

I'd rate four as my favourite. Zinyak is without a doubt one of the best tyrants in gaming.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Eh, its not enough to make you starve, but its enough to make you think things like "i can't believe i paid $70 on this crap".
For sure.
I am responsible enough to not buy every game that smack me in my stupid face.
But (very rarely) I can sell games since I buy physical on console.

On the contrary - Vampire Survivors was 1$ in early access and I got 95 hours in that bitch. So the balance gotta go somewhere lol

Fake

Check the twitter replies…Lot of people think this is good dialogue.

This is a self answer reply. Just like saying 'everyone will boycot Hogwarts Legacy' because twitter replies. Is part of the Twitter culture to be cringe, a bit similar to Tik Tok. If you doubt just check the videos/pictures they keep posting and keep earning likes.

Last edited:

johnjohn

This game didn’t have one good showing, so the reviews aren’t surprising. One of the blandest looking open worlds I’ve seen.

AAMsTmAAEHdY.png

Then you have Polygon whining about how they dared to portray a black person without making her race/victimhood a part of the plot
i'm thinking that they're just never happy - from their mafia 3 review:

Mafia 3's goals are ambitious and even laudable, but to tell a serious story about race, especially within the form of an open-world action game, requires heavy lifting. For all of the writing's attempts to push the genre forward, its game design is trapped in the open-world conventions of five years ago. That stale foundation isn't strong enough to hold the weight of Mafia 3's words — even if they're words that are worth hearing...

i mean, even when it's a game that's all about race, they're still not satisfied - it's them damn 5 year old design conventions! gets'm every time...

Last edited:

GymWolf

muhahahahah

this guy was banned from reeee for (1 Month): Xenophobic Generalization; for this post in regard to the writing of the game:

it makes me slightly worried about FF16. Japanese style of writing to those in the west can came across a jarring or corny.

Localisation and converting scripts should be much better than it is.

Imagine being banned for a month for that:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
muhahahahah

this guy was banned from reeee for (1 Month): Xenophobic Generalization; for this post in regard to the writing of the game:

it makes me slightly worried about FF16. Japanese style of writing to those in the west can came across a jarring or corny.

Localisation and converting scripts should be much better than it is.

Imagine being banned for a month for that:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

I think mods out there have the ban option next to the Reaction/Quote/Reply options. They're so addicted to banning so they made it very convenient and easy to ban.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I dunno. I chuckled at that. I like the comedic banter between them. I hope she learns to stop being such a bich as the story progresses. lol

I think it's just a Japanese way of humor translated to English. We kinda accept such bullshit when they look like weebs.

Top Bottom