• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FORSPOKEN | Review Thread

What Scores do you think FORSPOKEN will get?

• 0-10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-20%

• 20-30%

• 30-40%

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 40-50%

• 50-60%

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • 85-90%

• 90-95%

• 95-100%

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arun1910

Close with the 69 guess. It was always going to be in the 60s. Nothing about what has been shown screamed that it would be good.

All in all, not surprising.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I was kind of bullish on this game because I was really impressed by the combat and parkour animation, but it really seems like that's all the game has going for it. Falls into every JRPG trap, generic cookie cutter story, stilted dialog with long pauses between lines, and uninteresting side content. Shame.

tusharngf

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Elios83

Reviews confirm the fears I had with the demo, the core gameplay with traversal and magic combat is great, the rest is forgettable.
Luminous is making the same mistakes made with FFXV.
They have this huge world but there is just a single town (the excuse is that people survived only there, the reality is that they're still in the "HD towns are hard" phase), they don't know how to fill it with life and cool activities besides the monsters you have to fight.
It's a shame because the IP was promising, but this team really has to stop making open world stuff if it's not their forte.
Anyway I want to play it at some point, I had fun with the demo.

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Just watched ACG's review. Its a deep deep sale.

It suffers from everything that's been done to death in many better games. Whilst it brings nothing new but a chacrter that can parkour around things pretty fast + fancy spell effects.

That's all..

Last edited:

Lupin25

This was made by the same team who developed FFXV, and it’s somewhat just as shallow as far as it’s poor dialogue and open-world.

Outside of cool magic casting and traversal mechanics, the open-world feels repetitive and devoid of anything crucial to the player.

The npc’s look boring. Should’ve been a more linear game. The demo was bad.

Last edited:

skyfall

You also have to remember numbers are going to be inflated a little for this because of the mc, so considering that too, this is real bad

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Seems that the game met a lot of hate and unfair criticism.
We get a new single player AAA game that does not have loot boxes, micro transactions and is not another 4 player coop unreal engine game…. And it gets criticised to hell for what? Character that is fun and alive? Not another stoic cardboard character without personality?

We really want only call of duty and UE looter shooters?!

And even graphics get a lot of hate when normally everyone says it doesn’t matter. I personally think the game looks great visually and I don’t mind the main character. I only played the demo and views are great. Combat and particle effects are standout too. Nothing average with this game.

As for gameplay, I’ve got my ps5 preorder coming tomorrow. No early shipment for me :(

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Another failure of a game from SQE, what a surprise. What I've played of a demo on the PS5 was more than enough to never touch this pos ever again. Pretty sure the next game from Luminous will be just as mediocre, bland and boring cuz they aren't capable to make anything else.

I've high hopes for FFXVI though, hopefully they won't fuck it up and they have no right to at this point.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Man you know the game is boring when you are bored from watching a video review about the game... I was about to fall a sleep listening ..

With that being said I want to play it. I really thought the demo was ok and I do want to support single player games and projects like that.

It's just the ign guy speaking was like ugh shut up!

Last edited:
YES! 69 only for the actress.

Be damned the game. It was a bad decision to stick with Luminous Productions. This better help Square to make their decision of improving their in-game engine to modern standards or outsource their work pipeline to other engines like Unreal (that they are already using) or something else.

skyfall

We get a new single player AAA game that does not have loot boxes, micro transactions and is not another 4 player coop unreal engine game…. And it gets criticised to hell for what? Character that is fun and alive? Not another stoic cardboard character without personality?

And even graphics get a lot of hate when normally everyone says it doesn’t matter. I personally think the game looks great visually and I don’t mind the main character. I only played the demo and views are great. Combat and particle effects are standout too. Nothing average with this game.

As for gameplay, I’ve got my ps5 preorder coming tomorrow. No early shipment for me :(
Are you really doing the ''You don't like this game? Go back to call of duty then!!'' strawman?.. For this game? It's very transparent

Last edited:

Billbofet

Most shocking thing I've seen: 15 hour campaign from IGN.

What in the world are you talking about? Who is picking reviews? Some of the ideas some of you have about this industry are just wild.

Seems like this isn't normal practice. Calm down.

Have you played the game?

Fabieter

I hope this is the death of Luminous Productions.

The game design, writing, graphics... everything might as well be shit, uninspired, outdated, whatever you wanna call it.

But when not even the dude who is directing the cutscenes seems to have even the slightest clue about cinematography... that's when the product as a whole becomes insulting to me.

What? Why would you want them closed down? I know the hatetrain is big this time but it's a great game at least on the gameplay front.

The only thing this should send to sqaure is stop using western writers and composer.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

What is this abundance of great 4 player co op unreal engine games because I want to play them?

I mean grounded is awesome but I need more.

Sorry you pre ordered this. Maybe you can cancel your pre order and grab it a month or so when it will be half price?

GymWolf

If it gets into the 80s that will be a good thing.
But im thinking 75 - 80.

Imma tax them some points cuz these fuckers had access to Ella Balinska and did a full face and body scan of her, and used her for mocap.

They also had access to Monica Barbaro and did this:
Monica Barbaro:
e2HixJz.png

Auden:
Xy1ZXqw.jpg

Not that Auden is ugly or anything, but shes no Monica.
They could have put in the work, and she could have helped promote the game.
But I guess they didnt expect her to star in Top Gun Maverick at the time they were doing the voice work, scanning and mocap.

P.S This engine and hair just dont get along at all.
I really hope I have enough GPU power to do some serious downsampling.
Or it gets DLSS support sooner rather than later.
She looks slightly better here
forspoken_20230122152ksfir.jpg

Top Bottom