• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 6: PRIMAL |OT|

Man, the best I've done with Chonky vehicles is bumping enemies into the air, not sure I have the mental fortitude to keep attempting squishes haha.

Also, I vaguely remembered so I googled to confirm: Midtown Madness was that Microsoft monster truck game! I never did play those games but I remember MM game me the impression that Microsoft was 'loosening up'. Before that and Age of Empires, the only commercial game I associated with MS was Flight Simulator.

And if we're talking a FFA vehicular combat game, Carmageddon (the very first one) was soooo up my alley. Crushing polygonal pedestrians never felt the same vs sprites somehow.

Tilted Taxis was sort of heading in that direction but being able to get out and build kind of messed everything up IMO. Maybe a dedicated Chonker Squad mode, 1 driver, 3 gun buddies, 25 vehicles driving around in a roaming circle could be fun, basically like Air Royale but ground based. Fortnite's even got the Mad Max-esque skins ingame already.

And maybe only the driver can alight and has to pick up and deposit weapons & items into the vehicle for the others to use, though I'm just dreaming here; it's too complicated for Epic to implement when even basic functions are bugged out at the moment.

I think it was Midtown Madness 2 or 3 on Xbox. 16 player mode was hilarious in tag mode, when you were the final car left and everyone was hunting you down. That would be Epic (pun intended) as a Fortnite LTM.

Damn I haven't visited the Batshack yet but now that you mention it, I'm getting irritated that the Grotto has basically been pointless since S3.

Till now I still can't jive with the Primal Shotgun, its poor range and reload time sour me on it. I don't like point blank combat ranges in this game due to the super low FOV, so any shotgun that's effective at one square's range is more my thing. Primal Rifle is good because of its firing rate, its not as pinpoint accurate as the Scar but it functions as a pseudo SMG within the same range and the damage output is very high if you get the jump on the enemy.

Gray Makeshift Rifle before recent buffs was an utter nightmare: no FSA and I was hitting roughly 1/8 bullets at 30-35m or so. Swore off that gray shit ever since.

Yea I had a little army of wildlife with a squad many weeks ago, it was funny as my team laid suppressive fire while I moved forward with a bunch of AI nuisances. It's just very goofy, which IMO has always been Fortnite's appeal for casuals like me.

Yea I'm eager to see what a new Catwoman skin would look like, though I'm perfectly happy cosplay Rio lol. Bat-Jonesy was always trash tier :p

The grotto is one of my favorite or was one of my favorite poi's from chapter 2 season 2. was constantly landing there in squads or team rumble 24/7th. funny enough a couple of seasons ago (I think season 4 of chapter 2) we had gotten some audio files for bat's and what sounded like water dripping in a cave. it was or seemed at the time a possible halloween updated grotto but nothing ever came of it. when the batman comic stuff was announced alot of people including me was hoping this would end becoming a batcave poi. sadly it didn't and I agree grotto just sits there closed up and it sucks because I loved landing there alot. The primal shotgun is a roll of the dice kinda weapon. You either win big in a 1v1 or you lose big time, I only use it if I have no choice or get into a close combat situation or close quarters fight. truth be told I'm a tact shotgun guy, miss to hell and back but only shotgun I'm decent with is the primal. primal rifle is good, but I'm just a scar guy lol for reason I just like it more. don't know if it's just the design or that or I can get better precise shots with it. my go to assault rifle was the burst/Aug which I am a precision beast with. I don't like the grey makeshift personally myself, I always go for the blue rarity. haha that's funny, I can only imagine what was going through the minds of the other enemy team. they probably were left speechless but at the end of the day I'm glad we can pull crazy, over top stuff in this game. here's hoping she's in the next update or she comes out when her pickaxe does in issue 3 like the glider is with issue 2 and the skin and bundle coming into the shop. and agreed new batman is my main batman from now on lol.

I think it was Midtown Madness 2 or 3 on Xbox. 16 player mode was hilarious in tag mode, when you were the final car left and everyone was hunting you down. That would be Epic (pun intended) as a Fortnite LTM.
Shit, my bad, I wasn't diligent enough with my google-fu! Was confusing MM with Monster Truck Madness.

Checked out some Xbox MM on YouTube, seems like fans still play it online via something called Xlink Kai?

But yea, Epic isn't shy about copping ideas to implement in Fortnite, hopefully they'll implement some vehicular mayhem mode and not have it last all of 48 hours per season.

The grotto is one of my favorite or was one of my favorite poi's from chapter 2 season 2. was constantly landing there in squads or team rumble 24/7th. funny enough a couple of seasons ago (I think season 4 of chapter 2) we had gotten some audio files for bat's and what sounded like water dripping in a cave. it was or seemed at the time a possible halloween updated grotto but nothing ever came of it. when the batman comic stuff was announced alot of people including me was hoping this would end becoming a batcave poi. sadly it didn't and I agree grotto just sits there closed up and it sucks because I loved landing there alot. The primal shotgun is a roll of the dice kinda weapon. You either win big in a 1v1 or you lose big time, I only use it if I have no choice or get into a close combat situation or close quarters fight. truth be told I'm a tact shotgun guy, miss to hell and back but only shotgun I'm decent with is the primal. primal rifle is good, but I'm just a scar guy lol for reason I just like it more. don't know if it's just the design or that or I can get better precise shots with it. my go to assault rifle was the burst/Aug which I am a precision beast with. I don't like the grey makeshift personally myself, I always go for the blue rarity. haha that's funny, I can only imagine what was going through the minds of the other enemy team. they probably were left speechless but at the end of the day I'm glad we can pull crazy, over top stuff in this game. here's hoping she's in the next update or she comes out when her pickaxe does in issue 3 like the glider is with issue 2 and the skin and bundle coming into the shop. and agreed new batman is my main batman from now on lol.
Hah Grotto was Men_in_Boxes favourite drop spot as well. I just think it's a wasted locale to have it 'closed' for a few seasons now.

Yea Primal is fairly good for a pure 1v1 but any more than that and the reload time gets in the way quite substantially for me. And yea Primal Shotgun is basically a mutated Tac for better or worse.

Oh you're definitely the type who likes to ding people at 60-70m with accuracy so Scar is the better choice for you. Primal is good if you see yourself engaging more in close and midrange and for shredding builds. Also easier to guarantee acquisition since the six guardians all drop an Epic variant, no questions asked.

I hope she comes out later so that i have some 'breathing room' lol; stoked to get Gia based on recent leaks. Really loving the bonepunk aesthetic and Tarana has been a big favourite of mine from this BP.
umzjrdh.png

Man, the best I've done with Chonky vehicles is bumping enemies into the air, not sure I have the mental fortitude to keep attempting squishes haha.

Also, I vaguely remembered so I googled to confirm: Midtown Madness was that Microsoft monster truck game! I never did play those games but I remember MM game me the impression that Microsoft was 'loosening up'. Before that and Age of Empires, the only commercial game I associated with MS was Flight Simulator.

And if we're talking a FFA vehicular combat game, Carmageddon (the very first one) was soooo up my alley. Crushing polygonal pedestrians never felt the same vs sprites somehow.

Tilted Taxis was sort of heading in that direction but being able to get out and build kind of messed everything up IMO. Maybe a dedicated Chonker Squad mode, 1 driver, 3 gun buddies, 25 vehicles driving around in a roaming circle could be fun, basically like Air Royale but ground based. Fortnite's even got the Mad Max-esque skins ingame already.

And maybe only the driver can alight and has to pick up and deposit weapons & items into the vehicle for the others to use, though I'm just dreaming here; it's too complicated for Epic to implement when even basic functions are bugged out at the moment.

Shit, my bad, I wasn't diligent enough with my google-fu! Was confusing MM with Monster Truck Madness.

Checked out some Xbox MM on YouTube, seems like fans still play it online via something called Xlink Kai?

But yea, Epic isn't shy about copping ideas to implement in Fortnite, hopefully they'll implement some vehicular mayhem mode and not have it last all of 48 hours per season.

Team Fortress in Fortnite would work well...not that lamentable CTF with Lava they have at the moment.

Hah Grotto was Men_in_Boxes favourite drop spot as well. I just think it's a wasted locale to have it 'closed' for a few seasons now.

Yea Primal is fairly good for a pure 1v1 but any more than that and the reload time gets in the way quite substantially for me. And yea Primal Shotgun is basically a mutated Tac for better or worse.

Oh you're definitely the type who likes to ding people at 60-70m with accuracy so Scar is the better choice for you. Primal is good if you see yourself engaging more in close and midrange and for shredding builds. Also easier to guarantee acquisition since the six guardians all drop an Epic variant, no questions asked.

I hope she comes out later so that i have some 'breathing room' lol; stoked to get Gia based on recent leaks. Really loving the bonepunk aesthetic and Tarana has been a big favourite of mine from this BP.
umzjrdh.png

It is a waste, catty corner still is a functioning poi despite it was introduced in season 3 of chapter 2. and yet they couldn't find any other way of keeping the Grotto operating. I mean I get that probably didn't have any concrete ideas but the batcave one would of been killer imo. oh and somehow they let the fortillia stay on the map for two whole seasons despite it being a useless drop for loot. the load time is to me the only downside to the primal shotgun. But I think they did that because the fast reload and fire rate made it one of the most OP weapons in the game before they nerfed it. only time I got an epic primal assault rifle was I was rotating from camp cod towards Misty meadows. over 3 people were in that vicinity and one was trying to fight the tower guardian. while I came in and third party both them and the guardian. another player was trying to creep from behind but luckily I had my environmental indicator turned on so I saw the footsteps and quickly dealt that. and then another player was swimming across and I beamed him lol. overall three easy kills and I had more loot than I could hold. Gia is great skin, if wasn't for the batman stuff plus the potential new Catwoman skin I'd buy her.

Team Fortress in Fortnite would work well...not that lamentable CTF with Lava they have at the moment.
Gosh, Floor is Lava LTM is my second least favourite LTM, Food Fight + Lava is my least favourite, I just don't enjoy having to spend a good proportion of the time struggling to build as the lava rises above a certain point.

Favourite LTM was Team Rumble Unvaulted, it's like a really bonkers roguelite where you find and decide which random items you want to use, sometimes in weird combinations that couldn't exist in the past. I'd say from a casual standpoint it is Fortnite at its chaotic best.

It is a waste, catty corner still is a functioning poi despite it was introduced in season 3 of chapter 2. and yet they couldn't find any other way of keeping the Grotto operating. I mean I get that probably didn't have any concrete ideas but the batcave one would of been killer imo. oh and somehow they let the fortillia stay on the map for two whole seasons despite it being a useless drop for loot. the load time is to me the only downside to the primal shotgun. But I think they did that because the fast reload and fire rate made it one of the most OP weapons in the game before they nerfed it. only time I got an epic primal assault rifle was I was rotating from camp cod towards Misty meadows. over 3 people were in that vicinity and one was trying to fight the tower guardian. while I came in and third party both them and the guardian. another player was trying to creep from behind but luckily I had my environmental indicator turned on so I saw the footsteps and quickly dealt that. and then another player was swimming across and I beamed him lol. overall three easy kills and I had more loot than I could hold. Gia is great skin, if wasn't for the batman stuff plus the potential new Catwoman skin I'd buy her.
I wonder if they just might turn it into the Batcave later this season? I actually really liked the Fortilla, before it got destroyed that is. Finding Ocean there was a huge pain though cause she'd roam all over the POI.

Yea that's the thing about balance, it's like the Dragon's Breath shotgun previously where it does one big chunk of damage but reloading also takes forever. Generally I prefer having something that has reasonable reload times because it's more forgiving when my shots don't hit.

That guy didn't creep up well enough then lol, Epic made the right change some time ago such that crouch walking doesn't show up with sound visualization; it used to show even crouch walkers, which made it a must to have on.

I wonder if they just might turn it into the Batcave later this season? I actually really liked the Fortilla, before it got destroyed that is. Finding Ocean there was a huge pain though cause she'd roam all over the POI.

Yea that's the thing about balance, it's like the Dragon's Breath shotgun previously where it does one big chunk of damage but reloading also takes forever. Generally I prefer having something that has reasonable reload times because it's more forgiving when my shots don't hit.

That guy didn't creep up well enough then lol, Epic made the right change some time ago such that crouch walking doesn't show up with sound visualization; it used to show even crouch walkers, which made it a must to have on.

Unless somehow batman doesn't escape the island and he turns the grotto into the Batcave 2.0 in the next few issues. chances of them doing anything with it is about the small likelihood of them removing SBMM which is 0.% lmao. fortillia was decent, it was my go to place for chapter 2 season 4. it's where I grinded non stop to get the gold foil styles for my marvel skins. it was good in terms of no one landing there, and depending on where one of the stark drop ships landed. one was not too far from the fortillia since it was very close to slurpy swamp. you just had to get there before any other player did. in terms of loot, it sucked this when 100% chest spawn was turned off so depending on your luck you'd be lucky to get 2 if not three chests. place was only good for foraged items, fishing as there was alot of fishing spots and barrels to search and choose from. metal and wood was plenty with decent stone for mats. overall it was a decent spot to land at imo but not the best though. hated the Dragon's Breath, while it was unique it barely loaded fast so you had to be precise on each shot otherwise you might as well get your suitcase packed because you're going back to the lobby within seconds lol. and ah didn't know that, I knew about the crouching negates the indicator of footsteps. but definitely didn't know even crouching you could see if someone is creeping around.

The eliminate Raz spire quest is the first time I've nearly smashed a controller since throwing my ZX Spectrum against the wall over 30 years ago playing Full Throttle. Every fucking time there's one or two more hits to go I get beamed by another player.

For reference.

The eliminate Raz spire quest is the first time I've nearly smashed a controller since throwing my ZX Spectrum against the wall over 30 years ago playing Full Throttle. Every fucking time there's one or two more hits to go I get beamed by another player.

For reference.

Are you just trying to get the challenge done or get his style or both? for me I just waited for someone to kill him. let them rotate towards somewhere else and then I collected the artifact and it was completed. don't know if this will help but its how got the challenge done lol. too many wolverine and predator flashbacks for me to even wanting to put up with that crap.

Are you just trying to get the challenge done or get his style or both? for me I just waited for someone to kill him. let them rotate towards somewhere else and then I collected the artifact and it was completed. don't know if this will help but its how got the challenge done lol. too many wolverine and predator flashbacks for me to even wanting to put up with that crap.

Just done it. Raz was on 25% health surrounded by dropped loot. Scummy way to do it but beggers can't be choosers. 😂

Unless somehow batman doesn't escape the island and he turns the grotto into the Batcave 2.0 in the next few issues. chances of them doing anything with it is about the small likelihood of them removing SBMM which is 0.% lmao. fortillia was decent, it was my go to place for chapter 2 season 4. it's where I grinded non stop to get the gold foil styles for my marvel skins. it was good in terms of no one landing there, and depending on where one of the stark drop ships landed. one was not too far from the fortillia since it was very close to slurpy swamp. you just had to get there before any other player did. in terms of loot, it sucked this when 100% chest spawn was turned off so depending on your luck you'd be lucky to get 2 if not three chests. place was only good for foraged items, fishing as there was alot of fishing spots and barrels to search and choose from. metal and wood was plenty with decent stone for mats. overall it was a decent spot to land at imo but not the best though. hated the Dragon's Breath, while it was unique it barely loaded fast so you had to be precise on each shot otherwise you might as well get your suitcase packed because you're going back to the lobby within seconds lol. and ah didn't know that, I knew about the crouching negates the indicator of footsteps. but definitely didn't know even crouching you could see if someone is creeping around.
I wonder, we currently have 6-7 weeks more till the season ends and I think they could make it work by having the Bat Cave be under construction (in the game world's sense) soon and then completed in time to be a new POI for S7.

I think I barely landed in Fortilla (whatever the actual name was that season lol) in S4, it just wasn't interesting at all. Sometimes if go straight for that Slurp Truck then head over to the Stark Dropship North of it, though it was common to run into others who had the same idea hah.

Yea Dragon's Breath was too extreme especially when aiming is already less intuitive on controllers. I admit it feels good when you manage to take out someone in one point blank bodyshot (with their total health around 160 or lower) though!

For reference.

For me it helps to have some disposable plastic object nearby in the case of potential rage overflow, like an empty plastic beverage bottle or something similar to throw or smash lol.

At least that's how it works for me, I don't think people destroy their controllers because they blame the controller; they just need something tangible to be destroyed in that very moment.

But yea that quest is a nuisance location is hot, Raz does good amounts of damage and takes a crapton of it on top of periodic self heals.

I saw that you finally got it done, hopefully you combined it with the final Peely quest (marking 7 rarities of weapons, cause you'll need Raz's Mythic bow for that)....

Before checking the clip I was wondering since when did LucasArt's Full Throttle end up on a console like the Spectrum, lol.

I wonder, we currently have 6-7 weeks more till the season ends and I think they could make it work by having the Bat Cave be under construction (in the game world's sense) soon and then completed in time to be a new POI for S7.

I think I barely landed in Fortilla (whatever the actual name was that season lol) in S4, it just wasn't interesting at all. Sometimes if go straight for that Slurp Truck then head over to the Stark Dropship North of it, though it was common to run into others who had the same idea hah.

Yea Dragon's Breath was too extreme especially when aiming is already less intuitive on controllers. I admit it feels good when you manage to take out someone in one point blank bodyshot (with their total health around 160 or lower) though!

It's very very possible. but I reckon they'd have to have a very good reason for doing so. imo it would make sense if the batman collab extended to season 7 or we get a DC themed battle pass and season. though I mean they could have it just sitting there for many people to land and explore it but that would be pointless imo. that's the beauty of the fortillia in season 4, barely anyone landed there so you were free to loot up or upgrade weapons at the upgrade bench and fish for heals. that and you had a pretty decent amount of wood and metal for mats. yes you'd have to worry about the storm but as long as you have plenty of heals you could always grab a boat and rotate towards the circle. yeah I wanted to give the dragon's Breath a chance I really did. but coupled with the ridiculous slow reloading just made me hate it. and I tried all the variants that were available. epic to legendary, still wanted to put the damn thing down and never look back. I'd rather have the charge shotgun than to take my chances with that weapon any day of the week or month.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love

For reference.

I got SO upset when I realised I had to defeat him twice. Once for the "Defeat Raz" challenge, and then again later for the "Ping a weapon of every rarity" challenge. His special Explosive Bow is the only one of that rarity that spawns on the island now. :messenger_expressionless:

I got them both done, but I'm never fighting Raz again. Worst challenge since Wolverine.

Last edited:
The problem with raz, isn't so much of his abilities. it's more to do with his ridiculous amount of health that makes him time consuming to fight. he also teleports to make things far more annoying so he doesn't stick to one place, making you have to chase him or block any of his incoming shots from wherever he teleports to. and you're constantly having to look over your shoulder because someone might take advantage and third party you. looks like I'm not doing that mark weapons of different rarity unless they add lightsabers or blasters from the star wars event from chapter 2 season one.

For me it helps to have some disposable plastic object nearby in the case of potential rage overflow, like an empty plastic beverage bottle or something similar to throw or smash lol.

At least that's how it works for me, I don't think people destroy their controllers because they blame the controller; they just need something tangible to be destroyed in that very moment.

But yea that quest is a nuisance location is hot, Raz does good amounts of damage and takes a crapton of it on top of periodic self heals.

I saw that you finally got it done, hopefully you combined it with the final Peely quest (marking 7 rarities of weapons, cause you'll need Raz's Mythic bow for that)....

Before checking the clip I was wondering since when did LucasArt's Full Throttle end up on a console like the Spectrum, lol.

Yep I did target the bow frantically. I was in the Storm when I killed him. So I had it equipped for all of 5 seconds before I died. Lol.

It's very very possible. but I reckon they'd have to have a very good reason for doing so. imo it would make sense if the batman collab extended to season 7 or we get a DC themed battle pass and season. though I mean they could have it just sitting there for many people to land and explore it but that would be pointless imo. that's the beauty of the fortillia in season 4, barely anyone landed there so you were free to loot up or upgrade weapons at the upgrade bench and fish for heals. that and you had a pretty decent amount of wood and metal for mats. yes you'd have to worry about the storm but as long as you have plenty of heals you could always grab a boat and rotate towards the circle. yeah I wanted to give the dragon's Breath a chance I really did. but coupled with the ridiculous slow reloading just made me hate it. and I tried all the variants that were available. epic to legendary, still wanted to put the damn thing down and never look back. I'd rather have the charge shotgun than to take my chances with that weapon any day of the week or month.
I don't think it necessarily needs a DC season to incorporate, it could simply be the lead-up, like how Deadpool came out on his own and took over the Yacht before the Marvel season happened.
I'm not saying Deadpool is the equivalent of Batman lol.

But yea from what I assume, Epic purposely leaves a few 'cold spots' on the map for precisely the reason you state: that they won't be as heavily contested and allows non-sweats to farm and gear up to their heart's content, while still having the thrill of dealing with the storm circle.

Hey, the Charge Shotgun was badass, it's still my favourite of all the shotties ever introduced in Fortnite. From the sound of it being charged up and held, to the somewhat climactic release if your aim was true, I love everything about it :D

I got SO upset when I realised I had to defeat him twice. Once for the "Defeat Raz" challenge, and then again later for the "Ping a weapon of every rarity" challenge. His special Explosive Bow is the only one of that rarity that spawns on the island now. :messenger_expressionless:

I got them both done, but I'm never fighting Raz again. Worst challenge since Wolverine.
I'm sure whoever decided the quest arrangement at Epic intended for situations like yours to occur :x

And was Wolverine that bad? I know it was a screw up if you attempted to shake him down but otherwise his health pools were still reasonable. GM Raz feels like he has at least double the health of any NPC fight so far.

Yep I did target the bow frantically. I was in the Storm when I killed him. So I had it equipped for all of 5 seconds before I died. Lol.
Still I'm sure you were happy to get both quests done after beating Raz once not twice, lol.

I haven't defeated him yet but both my quests are ready to be completed once I do (I'd be so annoyed it I got beamed or arrowed right before marking the bow!). When I read the Peely quest and saw the quota being 0/7 I knew Epic was evil haha.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I'm sure whoever decided the quest arrangement at Epic intended for situations like yours to occur :x

And was Wolverine that bad? I know it was a screw up if you attempted to shake him down but otherwise his health pools were still reasonable. GM Raz feels like he has at least double the health of any NPC fight so far.

Wolverine wasn't very hard to kill, but I had the worst luck even finding him. The first time I finally found him, someone sniped me just before he would've died. :messenger_expressionless:

Wolverine wasn't very hard to kill, but I had the worst luck even finding him. The first time I finally found him, someone sniped me just before he would've died. :messenger_expressionless:
Erm...obviously I'm two seasons late but if you turned on sound visualization at the time and glided over Weeping into Slurpy you had a pretty high chance of locating him. They made his footsteps show up on the visualizer from a much farther distance than any other NPC or enemy.

But yea, that scenario you mentioned was a frequent occurrence for the Week of Predator, especially with the thick jungle growth providing plenty of hiding spots.

I've had rotten luck finding wildlife this season. Need chicken feathers? No chickens. Need to hunt two raptors? Here, have five wolves instead.

Epic just need to announce hardcore quests. For hologram variants of skins.

"Defeat Raz 25 times using no shields"

😂😮😮

ManaByte

I never got Wolverine.

I've killed Raz a couple of times solo (once for the skin and once to ping the bow). You just need to get him positioned at a good distance at the right angle and pick him off with a SMG or AR.

"Defeat Raz 25 times using no shields"

Shields aren't important when fighting Raz. Health packs and bandages are because his health drain (if you get too close) will decimate your health.

Last edited:
FIBbHT0.jpg

Potentially leaked concept art for the armored zero point batman skin. this is one you get for collecting all 6 issues and redeeming all 6 download codes. looks badass definitely getting the dark knight returns vibes from that artwork.

I don't think it necessarily needs a DC season to incorporate, it could simply be the lead-up, like how Deadpool came out on his own and took over the Yacht before the Marvel season happened.
I'm not saying Deadpool is the equivalent of Batman lol.

But yea from what I assume, Epic purposely leaves a few 'cold spots' on the map for precisely the reason you state: that they won't be as heavily contested and allows non-sweats to farm and gear up to their heart's content, while still having the thrill of dealing with the storm circle.

Hey, the Charge Shotgun was badass, it's still my favourite of all the shotties ever introduced in Fortnite. From the sound of it being charged up and held, to the somewhat climactic release if your aim was true, I love everything about it :D

True, then again it would have to fit in with the theme to some extent. but we did have Deadpool, a super powered mercenary so that was something unique and not solely exclusive to the whole spy theme in chapter 2 season 2. yup, I imagine they knew players especially like me would get super frustrated landing somewhere and then getting instantly sniped or beamed within 3 seconds of landing somewhere hot and contested. gives me flashbacks when everyone had to kill shadow midas to complete the fortnightmares challenges. killed him, got the challenge done, and his drum gun but then someone snuck up from behind and shotgun me in the back. charge shotgun was at first confusing and a bit to get use to. three seasons later and I ended up liking it more than I thought I would. btw the infantry rifle and tact shotgun will be unvaulted soon apparently.

Then what's this?

aTPHhpv.jpg

That's the "batman zero" skin which is an item shop bundle apparently. according to ALiA when he received this skin, epic told him that it was not the skin you get for collecting all 6 issues. I assume they knew people who were buying the comics was wanting something rare so my theory is at first they intended this to be skin but saw how many people were upset at the idea of comic exclusive skin arriving in the item shop .

SjNvroj.jpg

Batman zero is here and he's is if not one of the best designed DC skins so far imho. 10/10 in terms of design and attention to detail, unique face model so it doesn't look like jonesy in a freaking halloween outfit. and the overall build is just simply Batman to a Capital T. if you love batman and the character, as well as running him in fortnite this skin and the entire bundle is a must buy.

True, then again it would have to fit in with the theme to some extent. but we did have Deadpool, a super powered mercenary so that was something unique and not solely exclusive to the whole spy theme in chapter 2 season 2. yup, I imagine they knew players especially like me would get super frustrated landing somewhere and then getting instantly sniped or beamed within 3 seconds of landing somewhere hot and contested. gives me flashbacks when everyone had to kill shadow midas to complete the fortnightmares challenges. killed him, got the challenge done, and his drum gun but then someone snuck up from behind and shotgun me in the back. charge shotgun was at first confusing and a bit to get use to. three seasons later and I ended up liking it more than I thought I would. btw the infantry rifle and tact shotgun will be unvaulted soon apparently.
Now that the Infantry Rifle is back (with no narrative explanation), getting dinked at the start of a match seems more likely than before.

Fortnitemares was weird, IIRC I was playing some rumble matches and Midas was there anyway, and the kills from our team would register or something similar. Basically I didn't have to sweat to complete that particular challenge.

Actually speaking of that, I very recently got my GM Raz done in the least sweaty manner possible. Was passing by the Spire on the way to the circle in the storm, saw Raz's health bar going down via storm damage, went over to his location and the artifact and bow were both laying there undisturbed...LOL.

I've got a feeling Nintendo will still be too precious. But fingers crossed. The ball roll is an obvious emote, but that would steer dangerously into competitive advantage if you think about it.
Would love for it to happen but I skimmed the PDF for that page and here's what I assume: Epic proposed a suitable "warrior" character from each of the big 3's franchises but negotiations with Nintendo fell through, probably because they wouldn't allow Samus to be useable outside of the Switch platform, which makes it a nono on Epic's side too.

And lastly if she did get an emote it'd most likely be a transformation between Power Armour and Zero Suit. That's just how I expect Epic would approach it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
SjNvroj.jpg

Batman zero is here and he's is if not one of the best designed DC skins so far imho. 10/10 in terms of design and attention to detail, unique face model so it doesn't look like jonesy in a freaking halloween outfit. and the overall build is just simply Batman to a Capital T. if you love batman and the character, as well as running him in fortnite this skin and the entire bundle is a must buy.
Why does he look so ugly when it comes to textures?

Skimmed through some Reddit comments and I thought to myself "Thankfully Fortnite isn't this sadistic and Epic ultimately fixes bugs that prevents completion of some quests.". (I still dislike any quest that involves igniting opponents, mainly because it takes too long to proc and register).

Though I suppose if you're the type that has to win everything, then the cosmetics you can obtain by being top in your region could be considered slightly similar:

Now that the Infantry Rifle is back (with no narrative explanation), getting dinked at the start of a match seems more likely than before.

Fortnitemares was weird, IIRC I was playing some rumble matches and Midas was there anyway, and the kills from our team would register or something similar. Basically I didn't have to sweat to complete that particular challenge.

Actually speaking of that, I very recently got my GM Raz done in the least sweaty manner possible. Was passing by the Spire on the way to the circle in the storm, saw Raz's health bar going down via storm damage, went over to his location and the artifact and bow were both laying there undisturbed...LOL.

I had been fortunate enough to get my hands on a legendary infantry rifle last night. unfortunately I never got to use it atleast once because my targets were constantly moving it was harder to land shots from afar. And that is indeed strange lol, I like to try to complete them as soon as possible so I had played the very first morning the update went live. It was the candy and broom stick challenges, but deep down I knew that shadow midas was gonna be one and I dreaded it. and lol might be because A). everyone got their challenges done so there may of been no point in fighting him other than to get his mythic. B). they all got wolverine flashbacks and said f it and just avoided him like the plague lmao. I got mine done as easy as it could get, waited for someone to kill him, let them rotate towards the circle. collected the artifact and boom it was easy as pie in the words of deadpool maximum effort.

I had been fortunate enough to get my hands on a legendary infantry rifle last night. unfortunately I never got to use it atleast once because my targets were constantly moving it was harder to land shots from afar. And that is indeed strange lol, I like to try to complete them as soon as possible so I had played the very first morning the update went live. It was the candy and broom stick challenges, but deep down I knew that shadow midas was gonna be one and I dreaded it. and lol might be because A). everyone got their challenges done so there may of been no point in fighting him other than to get his mythic. B). they all got wolverine flashbacks and said f it and just avoided him like the plague lmao. I got mine done as easy as it could get, waited for someone to kill him, let them rotate towards the circle. collected the artifact and boom it was easy as pie in the words of deadpool maximum effort.
I'm guessing you weren't playing with KBM? But yea I think even with IR's pinpoint accuracy hitscan you still wouldn't want to be firing it from beyond ~120m (I'm having bad flashbacks of the damn "Bow Elimination from 150m away" challenge weeks ago).

Loool. Yea your habit of attempting challenges ASAP is the kind that Epic relies on for trolling. That said, i can relate with the compulsion :D

There was definitely luck involved with my sweatless GM Raz challenge, I'm just glad I decided to take a look instead of assuming the worst.

Wait, how was that maximum effort? Was it supposed to be minimum effort, maximum payoff? (I'm ignorant about Deadpool.)

That's because I was playing fortnite on my Samsung galaxy 10 phone. so the textures and quality won't be as good as on ps4, Xbox one, or ps5 and Xbox series X.
Cries in Switch

Seriously though, while it's definitely not optimal, the recent update that improved resolution and performance on Switch has made it arguably the best it's ever been since launch. I sometimes imagine how I'd feel if its current state was what I witnessed back in mid-2018.

Top Bottom