• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 6: PRIMAL |OT|

According to Known leakers Shinabr as well as firemonkey. the catwoman zero and deathstroke zero skins will be released around the time of issues #3 and issue #4. may 18th is stated to be the release of the new Catwoman skin! here's hoping she comes with edit styles.

I'm guessing you weren't playing with KBM? But yea I think even with IR's pinpoint accuracy hitscan you still wouldn't want to be firing it from beyond ~120m (I'm having bad flashbacks of the damn "Bow Elimination from 150m away" challenge weeks ago).

Loool. Yea your habit of attempting challenges ASAP is the kind that Epic relies on for trolling. That said, i can relate with the compulsion :D

There was definitely luck involved with my sweatless GM Raz challenge, I'm just glad I decided to take a look instead of assuming the worst.

Wait, how was that maximum effort? Was it supposed to be minimum effort, maximum payoff? (I'm ignorant about Deadpool.)

Nope I'm one of those "controlla" players lol. And seriously? that quest was easy for Me I had experience with bows prior to their reintroduction this season. So It was a breeze for me to get that shot off, I'm terrible with sniper rifles though. yup, I can imagine some developers at epic snickering at the idea of hundreds of players dying to one another while getting beamed by shadow midas or spire raz with op mythic weapons lol. You are very lucky, I had to hope into arena as some people said on Twitter that rarely alot of people land at the spire in arena. of course there was a few, lucky I just hid in a bush close to the spire and waited for someone to do the job. as for maximum effort quote, it's when during a fight with cable and some bad guys in Deadpool 2. that cable is pretty much doing all the fighting while Deadpool gets a few hits in here and there. And afterwards says that exact line lol it was also used for the some of Deadpool skin promotional material during season 2.

Cries in Switch

Seriously though, while it's definitely not optimal, the recent update that improved resolution and performance on Switch has made it arguably the best it's ever been since launch. I sometimes imagine how I'd feel if its current state was what I witnessed back in mid-2018.

Huh, interesting. I don't have a Switch so I have very little knowledge of how fortnite performs on it. before the patches I heard from some people it had fps issues but they could of been wrong though.

ManaByte

Huh, interesting. I don't have a Switch so I have very little knowledge of how fortnite performs on it. before the patches I heard from some people it had fps issues but they could of been wrong though.

Haven't played it since they did the update, but before it was about the same as Fortnite on Mobile. Need to check it out after they did the big performance update though.

Nope I'm one of those "controlla" players lol. And seriously? that quest was easy for Me I had experience with bows prior to their reintroduction this season. So It was a breeze for me to get that shot off, I'm terrible with sniper rifles though. yup, I can imagine some developers at epic snickering at the idea of hundreds of players dying to one another while getting beamed by shadow midas or spire raz with op mythic weapons lol. You are very lucky, I had to hope into arena as some people said on Twitter that rarely alot of people land at the spire in arena. of course there was a few, lucky I just hid in a bush close to the spire and waited for someone to do the job. as for maximum effort quote, it's when during a fight with cable and some bad guys in Deadpool 2. that cable is pretty much doing all the fighting while Deadpool gets a few hits in here and there. And afterwards says that exact line lol it was also used for the some of Deadpool skin promotional material during season 2.
Ah yea controllers will have more trouble landing shots with the IR if the opponent is moving about haphazardly, mainly due to the firing rate.

Yea I remember you mentioned your bow experience in STW earlier in this thread lol. For me it wasn't so much the aim, moreso finding someone who'd stay still and is at 150m or more away.

Ah okay, so Deadpool was being sarcastic? I'm probably missing the tone of his voice that carries the context haha.

Lol, it has/had more than just FPS issues.

However, even prior to the performance update it still performed better and takes up less space than Apex Legends on Switch. That said, Apex has far superior gyro controls and proper, well implemented HD rumble.

Ah yea controllers will have more trouble landing shots with the IR if the opponent is moving about haphazardly, mainly due to the firing rate.

Yea I remember you mentioned your bow experience in STW earlier in this thread lol. For me it wasn't so much the aim, moreso finding someone who'd stay still and is at 150m or more away.

Ah okay, so Deadpool was being sarcastic? I'm probably missing the tone of his voice that carries the context haha.

Yeah, since then I haven't really been bothered to pick up the infantry rifle ever again. shame because I like the look of it, and how it shoots but similar to sniper rifles I'm not as good with It as bows. usually it's all about timing and picking your targets, for me I observe from afar and hone in on the least likeliest player to jump or build 5 star wooden hotels in a matter of seconds lol. I try to look for some who either busy shooting at another player or ones standing on top of the trees those kind of players are always easy to pick off with a well timed bow shot. nothing is more satisfying than to see the white numbers pop up and followed by a red elimination text onscreen. I think it's more along the lines of he think he was soo good that it didn't need much effort or what he thought he was doing was in his words "maximum effort" just the goofy humor of Deadpool I suppose. I still don't understand it to this day but I always wanted to say it for some reason haha.

Haven't played it since they did the update, but before it was about the same as Fortnite on Mobile. Need to check it out after they did the big performance update though.

Ah okay, again I don't know too much or how much it's improved in comparison to mobile fortnite.

Lol, it has/had more than just FPS issues.

However, even prior to the performance update it still performed better and takes up less space than Apex Legends on Switch. That said, Apex has far superior gyro controls and proper, well implemented HD rumble.

Interesting, I have to admit it's amazing how epic was able to get fortnite running on a mobile phone. especially with the amount of content it has in terms of in game data and files. sadly stw won't ever come to mobile, kinda miss playing it and killing husks with some unique weapons. as for Apex Legends have never been able to get into it for some reason. every player I would run into was a freaking bullet sponge lol. just got fed up and rage quitted it after a few months.

Got my first back to back solos today.

Home Alone Yes GIF by Sky

Yeah, since then I haven't really been bothered to pick up the infantry rifle ever again. shame because I like the look of it, and how it shoots but similar to sniper rifles I'm not as good with It as bows. usually it's all about timing and picking your targets, for me I observe from afar and hone in on the least likeliest player to jump or build 5 star wooden hotels in a matter of seconds lol. I try to look for some who either busy shooting at another player or ones standing on top of the trees those kind of players are always easy to pick off with a well timed bow shot. nothing is more satisfying than to see the white numbers pop up and followed by a red elimination text onscreen. I think it's more along the lines of he think he was soo good that it didn't need much effort or what he thought he was doing was in his words "maximum effort" just the goofy humor of Deadpool I suppose. I still don't understand it to this day but I always wanted to say it for some reason haha.
You should definitely try it more, just remember that unlike sniper rifles (projectile-based), IRs are hitscan so you don't need to lead nor compensate for bullet drop.

Okay reading your description I see why we had different experiences. I was attempting that quest in regular modes, I assume you did it in rumble, cause treetop huggers are virtually exclusive to that mode loool.

I can't help but think of Crysis when you mention "maximum effort"; that game made it a point to stress "maximum" in quite a few instances haha.
Interesting, I have to admit it's amazing how epic was able to get fortnite running on a mobile phone. especially with the amount of content it has in terms of in game data and files. sadly stw won't ever come to mobile, kinda miss playing it and killing husks with some unique weapons. as for Apex Legends have never been able to get into it for some reason. every player I would run into was a freaking bullet sponge lol. just got fed up and rage quitted it after a few months.
Yea it'll always be impressive when you factor in that there are plenty of destructible objects and new objects being placed. It all consumes very little data as well, I think Epic once described Unreal Engine as being battle tested via Fortnite and I'd say it's no exaggeration.

STW probably can't run on the majority of phones, I feel it definitely pushes my PS4 harder than BR (it's rarely hitting 60fps at anytime) and I'm not sure if that's due to less optimization or not.

Yea in terms of raw TTK (just max health and shields), Apex is a lot higher than Fortnite's and that's probably because it fits the game's design best. Knowing Respawn they probably played it to death internally before settling on the TTK.

ManaByte

Got a #3 placement this morning...on my phone using touch controls.

Would've won if I wasn't stuck with a stupid infantry rifle.

You should definitely try it more, just remember that unlike sniper rifles (projectile-based), IRs are hitscan so you don't need to lead nor compensate for bullet drop.

Okay reading your description I see why we had different experiences. I was attempting that quest in regular modes, I assume you did it in rumble, cause treetop huggers are virtually exclusive to that mode loool.

I can't help but think of Crysis when you mention "maximum effort"; that game made it a point to stress "maximum" in quite a few instances haha.

Yea it'll always be impressive when you factor in that there are plenty of destructible objects and new objects being placed. It all consumes very little data as well, I think Epic once described Unreal Engine as being battle tested via Fortnite and I'd say it's no exaggeration.

STW probably can't run on the majority of phones, I feel it definitely pushes my PS4 harder than BR (it's rarely hitting 60fps at anytime) and I'm not sure if that's due to less optimization or not.

Yea in terms of raw TTK (just max health and shields), Apex is a lot higher than Fortnite's and that's probably because it fits the game's design best. Knowing Respawn they probably played it to death internally before settling on the TTK.
Will give it another go. Just not the best with those type of rifles, it's one reason why I avoided the hunting rifle in season 5. Yup, in solo I encounter too many players who are constantly moving or always hiding in built boxes. harder for me to pinpoint where and when they'll poke their heads out lol. Only crysis game I played was crysis 3 during the multiplayer beta, which me and a old buddy of mine played in together. I think stw is harder to code or transfer to mobile is due to all the data and chaotic amount of husks that fill up the areas during intense sessions. that and there is alot of effects that are present I feel that get specifically tested on stw first before they feel it can work well in BR. huh, never knew that about Apex Legends, I would always run into other enemy teams with higher amounts of health or shields. I know about the rarity of shields and armor pieces like blue level or gold/yellow rarity attachments for guns.

TlusYWD.png

Same image icon as before but with a quirky little description for little old selina kyle here. She will not have any edit styles, shame because donald Mustard teased in the final issue she gets some armored version of her outfit here. plus was hoping we'd get the default style of her when she first meets batman in the first issue of batman/fortnite: zero point.

ManaByte

I assume the Catwoman bundle will have a big discount for those who get the harvesting tool from the comic. The Batman did with the glider code. Was only 900 VBucks for the bundle.

Will give it another go. Just not the best with those type of rifles, it's one reason why I avoided the hunting rifle in season 5. Yup, in solo I encounter too many players who are constantly moving or always hiding in built boxes. harder for me to pinpoint where and when they'll poke their heads out lol. Only crysis game I played was crysis 3 during the multiplayer beta, which me and a old buddy of mine played in together. I think stw is harder to code or transfer to mobile is due to all the data and chaotic amount of husks that fill up the areas during intense sessions. that and there is alot of effects that are present I feel that get specifically tested on stw first before they feel it can work well in BR. huh, never knew that about Apex Legends, I would always run into other enemy teams with higher amounts of health or shields. I know about the rarity of shields and armor pieces like blue level or gold/yellow rarity attachments for guns.
Hunting Rifle is different because it's using projectiles and not hitscan. To compensate for that obvious weakness it does more damage; a headshot from the blue HR can down a 200HP enemy IIRC. I tended to pick snipers over it anyway because being able to zoom in more before taking the shot was valuable to me.

Yea late stage STW is very intensive with your huge fortresses dumping out damage all over the place (like most tower defense games), I imagine BR only hits similar stress levels when it's like those competitive final circles where there are still 40-50 people all in a small radius. You could probably have a better idea on PC by having RivaTuner on and checking CPU/GPU usage in both modes under stress.

Fortnite has lower TTK because the game is defensive by nature. Imagine if Glyph Master Raz could build like an above average player, we'd never get that quest done without some cheese lol.

It's OK. He stands upright. The harvesting tool is great since it's a baseball bat and he swings it like one.
I know it wouldn't work in Fortnite but a part of me instinctively imagined Overwatch's Winston when I first saw that pic so I was naively hopeful that maybe we could see him have a goofier stance (while maintaining the same hurtboxes) in game.

But yea, the bat is pretty dope in terms of design, I'm getting Nickelodeon vibes from it.

TlusYWD.png

Same image icon as before but with a quirky little description for little old selina kyle here. She will not have any edit styles, shame because donald Mustard teased in the final issue she gets some armored version of her outfit here. plus was hoping we'd get the default style of her when she first meets batman in the first issue of batman/fortnite: zero point.
I saw some footage earlier since she got decrypted and I gotta say I'm a little bit less stoked than I was with the render.

Happens with me quite a bit, sometimes the render doesn't do justice to the character and other times the render oversells the actual ingame skin.

I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if the pickaxe is legitimately using the regular swinging animation.
I assume the Catwoman bundle will have a big discount for those who get the harvesting tool from the comic. The Batman did with the glider code. Was only 900 VBucks for the bundle.
Yea definitely since the bundles are already ____ vbucks off even if you own nothing from the set. Further subtracting the vbucks cost of whatever you own is a good way of making the comics-purchasers happy, though I'm sure someone on the net has asked "Why isn't ____ free with the comic!?".

Moan time. I'm getting a bit fed up that nearly every dance emote now is another shitty mumble, autotuned rapper. What happened to the little cool ditties like Twist.

Last edited:
Moan time. I'm getting a bit fed up that nearly every dance emote now is another shitty mumble, autotuned rapper. What happened to the little cool ditties like Twist.
Now look at them YOLOs, that's the way you do it
You play your BR on the TTV
That ain't working, that's the way you do it
Vbucks for nothing and your clicks for free

And yea, I'd love more emotes in various genres, it feels like some of the less trendy ones only have one emote each. Whoever they've hired to make original music for the emotes is really good btw.

The Impossible Escape LTM is potentially more frustrating than GM Raz if your luck is bad cause it has too many points of failure. Some interesting stories to be had because of it though.

I saw some footage earlier since she got decrypted and I gotta say I'm a little bit less stoked than I was with the render.

Happens with me quite a bit, sometimes the render doesn't do justice to the character and other times the render oversells the actual ingame skin.

I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if the pickaxe is legitimately using the regular swinging animation.

Yea definitely since the bundles are already ____ vbucks off even if you own nothing from the set. Further subtracting the vbucks cost of whatever you own is a good way of making the comics-purchasers happy, though I'm sure someone on the net has asked "Why isn't ____ free with the comic!?".

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. some people were putting out some decently nice renders. the final product is not as I imagined but hey at least we got a better character model for Catwoman atleast they didn't reuse Rio or Headhunter for the face lol.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. some people were putting out some decently nice renders. the final product is not as I imagined but hey at least we got a better character model for Catwoman atleast they didn't reuse Rio or Headhunter for the face lol.
There are aspects of the original that I prefer over the Zero variant but I think the worst part is easily her pickaxe. The skin itself should go over well with fans.
cQM5wCR.jpg

Sorry lol couldn't resist with all the DJ Khaled memes on neogaf running rampant.
Nah it's fine, you can even use her as your avatar if you want. At least she's pleasing to look at compared to DJK, though obviously she doesn't carry that same memetic appeal :p

I imagine the June update will be the final season we spend with the current island if they stick to the same time table. So what's been everyones favourite season. I vote for the flood, that was a lot of fun.

I imagine the June update will be the final season we spend with the current island if they stick to the same time table. So what's been everyones favourite season. I vote for the flood, that was a lot of fun.
I like to imagine they'd release a new chapter to coincide with UE5, so maybe we still have a few seasons to go.

Yea so far I've seen the few of us in here favouriting Floodnite. For me it wasn't necessarily more fun but it had a very unique vibe which affected huge portions of the map.

Also, I was thinking recently that they could start introducing real and fantasy world weather elements: rain/snow storms, lava/mud rain, earthquakes etc.

I like to imagine they'd release a new chapter to coincide with UE5, so maybe we still have a few seasons to go.

Yea so far I've seen the few of us in here favouriting Floodnite. For me it wasn't necessarily more fun but it had a very unique vibe which affected huge portions of the map.

Also, I was thinking recently that they could start introducing real and fantasy world weather elements: rain/snow storms, lava/mud rain, earthquakes etc.

Yep that would be great. Volcanic eruptions....real time deformations of the map. Realtime flooding.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Flood season was my least favorite of all the seasons. Can't stand fighting in water. I actually stopped playing Fortnite for like 4 or 5 months because of it.

Last edited:

Salz01

Starting to get bored with the season. Feel like the hunting aspect is a missed opportunity. The raptors and wolves are just annoying when I come across them. I even stopped crafting. Don’t think I ever crafted a hunter cloak. Wish they had bigger in game events that changes the flow more.

Top Bottom