• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Red Scarlet said:
Oh, ok. You never answered in the burger thread. The manga thread people, where I never went into that thread until today (I don't know why), were blaming me for it! I didn't start it. But that was Dresden. And the first page I saw had some manga picture thing of a guy talking about cumming buckets. I promptly left that thread.
Yeah probably not the best time to check since someone got the whole thread hooked on that manga. Unexpectedly sad and a bit touching, but it sure was hilarious when he said things like that.

Oyashiro

Red Scarlet said:
No I'm serious. Was wondering what in the world they were. What's a vis-kei.

?
Ah, okay. I'll let wikipedia explain it:
Visual kei (ヴィジュアル系, literally "visual style") refers to a movement among Japanese musicians, that is characterized by the use of make-up, elaborate hair styles and flamboyant costumes, often, but not always, coupled with androgynous aesthetics. Some sources state that Visual Kei refers to a music genre, or to a sub-genre of J-rock (a term referring to Japanese rock in general), with its own particular sound, related to glam-rock, punk and metal. However other sources state that Visual Kei's unique clothing, make-up, fashions, and participation in the related sub-culture is equally as important as the sound of the music itself in the use of the term.

It's commonly abbreviated as vis-kei. I don't particularly care for the aesthetics, but like I said, I do like the band Versailles a lot.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Red Scarlet said:
Oh, ok. I knew it wasn't Kabuki but that's all I know. Looks like guys dressed up in goth loli style I guess.
Pretty much. I had a couple of friends into Visual Kei, and some bands make some decent music, but I wouldn't know which ones because I'm afraid to search for them in google.

I'll be online for the next hour and a half. I will take any requests that don't involve animated GIFs.

Feel free to request away!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Keyser Soze said:
That's Epicboobs, from Stargate Universe :D

OMG, I just knew it. I saw it few weeks ago and It was hard to tell if it was her or not. She look little different in dark shade and smaller frame.

and

thank you for answer!

Oyashiro

InfiniteNine said:
Pretty much. I had a couple of friends into Visual Kei, and some bands make some decent music, but I wouldn't know which ones because I'm afraid to search for them in google.
Versailles, SID, Kanon Wakeshima. Those are three pretty good ones, in my opinion. And they all offer different styles of music.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Red Scarlet said:
See, this was your plan the whole time.
se4ppd.jpg

Red Scarlet

Remember...I still have that version I uploaded for you to use..and it's still up there..and I can give folks avatars they can't change.................................:)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Red Scarlet said:
Remember...I still have that version I uploaded for you to use..and it's still up there..and I can give folks avatars they can't change.................................:)
So cruel.

Where do I get my thread posting privileges back?

I have not posted one in three years.

It was about Journeyman

I loved Journeyman

Fuck you NBC

Rapstah

Out of curiosity, would a spinning version (360 degree loop) of my current avatar be possible to fit within the 150 KB limit? This is obviously what I cut it from:

lips-cover.jpg

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Rapstah said:
Out of curiosity, would a spinning version (360 degree loop) of my current avatar be possible to fit within the 150 KB limit? This is obviously what I cut it from:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/cheesemeister05/lips-cover.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
What do you mean by spinning version?

Like the gif would pan around all the heads in a circle type thing?

Rapstah

RubxQub said:
What do you mean by spinning version?

Like the gif would pan around all the heads in a circle type thing?
I'm not asking for anyone to make it, just questioning if it would possibly fit within the limit, but I was thinking the "lips guy" face, the guy in my current avatar, spinning around.

spin-arrows.gif

Like that but with a sort of softer motion.

I'm not using stupid language to make you sound stupid in any way, I'm just having problems explaining the concept of a spinning Lips Guy in advanced grammar.

RubxQub

Rapstah said:
I'm not asking for anyone to make it, just questioning if it would possibly fit within the limit, but I was thinking the "lips guy" face, the guy in my current avatar, spinning around.

http://www.soc.hawaii.edu/leonj/leonj/leonpsy16/spin-arrows.gif[IMG]

Like that but with a sort of softer motion.

I'm not using stupid language to make you sound stupid in any way, I'm just having problems explaining the concept of a spinning Lips Guy in advanced grammar.[/QUOTE]
No offense taken, no worries. :lol

Yeah, that should be very doable. I'll see what I can come up with when i get home from work tonight if someone else doesn't have at it.

G-Fex

Alright I thank Keyser for making my avatar. But I figure I don't want it to be super annoying to other people.

So Yencid if you could make another for me.

From this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSbAWq8YReI
pretty much at 0:58 to 1:00 or 2:40 to 2:42

It's not a lot of frames it should be easy at it lasts a second.

And Oyashiro has awesome taste and a very excellent avatar. Go Hizaki!

edit: no worries thanks anyways yencid

RubxQub

Fulfilling a couple requests:

Rapstah:
Rapstaph_1.gif
Rapstaph_2.gif

Masked Man:
MaskedMan_2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom