• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 has gone GOLD

I've still managed to not read or watch about this game since the pre-orders went live a few months back. Really can't wait for it to go live, I love these games and pre-ordered the ultimate edition as always.
I really hope that they don't add additional chargeable content that isn't included with the ultimate edition this time like they did with the last game. It wasn't much content and it was pretty late on but it's still annoying as hell when you buy the version that is supposed to cover everything. I think I was somewhere about 220 hours in at the time they released it.
A small thing but still annoying as hell.

quantum leap body GIF

I've still managed to not read or watch about this game since the pre-orders went live a few months back. Really can't wait for it to go live, I love these games and pre-ordered the ultimate edition as always.
I really hope that they don't add additional chargeable content that isn't included with the ultimate edition this time like they did with the last game. It wasn't much content and it was pretty late on but it's still annoying as hell when you buy the version that is supposed to cover everything. I think I was somewhere about 220 hours in at the time they released it.
A small thing but still annoying as hell.
That's a fact like what's the point of buying all of the passes if you're not gonna get everything and you still have to pay more after the fact??? Fuck that Noise!!

Kev Kev

ive seriously tried to understand the hype for this game...... but i just dont get it.

its a racing game, but its also open world... big deal? now, granted i dont really like racing games (unless its VR), i just dont see why EVERYONE is SO hyped for this. i cant stop hearing about this stupid game and it just doesnt look like anything special... like, not at all lol.

ill check it out when it releases, and for all this hoopla, it better be good 😂

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
ive seriously tried to understand the hype for this game...... but i just dont get it.

its a racing game, but its also open world... big deal? now, granted i dont really like racing games (unless its VR), i just dont see why EVERYONE is SO hyped for this. i cant stop hearing about this stupid game and it just doesnt look like anything special at all lol.

ill check it out when it releases, and for all this hoopla, it better be good

Outside of Burnout, to me it is the best arcade racing game there is (and I prefer arcade to sim). It has great racing environments, earning new cars to add to your garage adds a sense of progression, the ability to customize your cars and add your own look, and most importantly, racing the cars is extremely fun. And I'm just a single player fan of the game. Multiplayer fans, I'm sure even more fun racing with their friends.

But if it isn't for you then it isn't for you.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Outside of Burnout, to me it is the best arcade racing game there is (and I prefer arcade to sim). It has great racing environments, earning new cars to add to your garage adds a sense of progression, the ability to customize your cars and add your own look, and most importantly, racing the cars is extremely fun. And I'm just a single player fan of the game. Multiplayer fans, I'm sure even more fun racing with their friends.

But if it isn't for you then it isn't for you.
it would be unfair of me to try this game when it releases, not enjoy it, and then be like "'TSUCKS!" bc i dont like racing games lol. so i will ty it, but youre right, its probably not for me, so im not going to be surprised if i dont care for it.

but what has me confused is the insane level of hype behind this particular racing game. you'd think a new halo, or gran turismo or GTA was about to release (ok maybe not quite that big but still). like what is it about THIS racing game that is so exciting? why dont i hear about hype for other racing games?

i remember really enjoying burnout paradise, which if i remember was kind of open world racing? but still, i just dont see why that type of a game is getting so much attention from everyone. im over here like "oh come on guys its not THAT exciting" and where they hell were forza 1-4? i dont remember even hearing about those games. it feels like a conspiracy lol.

not being a hater, just to be clear. the hype just seems disproportionate to me. im looking forward to trying it out. maybe ill really like it!

Topher

Gold Member
it would be unfair of me to try this game when it releases, not enjoy it, and then be like "'TSUCKS!" bc i dont like racing games lol. so i will ty it, but youre right, its probably not for me, so im not going to be surprised if i dont care for it.

but what has me confused is the insane level of hype behind this particular racing game. you'd think a new halo, or gran turismo or GTA was about to release (ok maybe not quite that big but still). like what is it about THIS racing game that is so exciting? why dont i hear about hype for other racing games?

i remember really enjoying burnout paradise, which if i remember was kind of open world racing? but still, i just dont see why that type of a game is getting so much attention from everyone. im over here like "oh come on guys its not THAT exciting" and where they hell were forza 1-4? i dont remember even hearing about those games. it feels like a conspiracy lol.

not being a hater, just to be clear. the hype just seems disproportionate to me. im looking forward to trying it out. maybe ill really like it!

No, I get the question and I don't think there is anything wrong with it. If I had to guess then it is because Forza Horizon is really the only AAA arcade style racer there is outside of Need for Speed which isn't nearly as good. Other than that, there is always more hype for a first party MS, Sony, or Nintendo game so that definitely factors into the hype. I don't know. I just really enjoy Forza Horizon so I'm excited.

Rickyiez

Because there just aren't many racing games ? Also Forza is now a staple series for racing next to Gran Turismo .

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Yup it's gonna be 90 to 92 imo. It's sticking to the formula for the most part and providing a solid sequel. I can't wait for it!

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Is it possible to pre-install Forza Horizon 5 on Steam? I never pre-ordered a game but I really want the "Super deluxe" edition just so I can play this Thursday.

93xfan

Banned

A big part could be the visual leap.

Also the fact that so many people didn’t play FH4 right at launch, but tried it on GamePass sometime in the last few years and liked it. Now the sequel is coming out and the much larger Gamepass player base is getting hyped to play it day one.

Riky

$MSFT
Downloading on PC, Series and Xbox One consoles, can't wait to see it myself and how they all differ.

Me too. But I got too inpatient and bought it on Xbox Store after all. At least I can play on Series X as well if something happens to my PC.

6kzTNjz.png
I was so close to just downloading it on gamepass, but since I don't own a console, I waited for steam. If you have an Xbox though, MS Store is the best place to get it. That way you can play it on ALL your devices.

Can't wait to join you all in FH4. 2 more days, 15 hours, and 2 minutes left

Are we gonna get PC footage before early release? The game looks SOOOOO FUCKING GOOD, I can't imagine it possibly looking even better?!

Hold up a minute. 60FPS on One S? What wizardry is this? :messenger_hushed:

Lighting took a massive hit and pop-in is just horrendous but other than that it looks decent enough.
And I was thinking maybe the poster made an oouf, but he said it at least twice in the comments, that it is in fact the One S gameplay. This is great news for everyone who doesn't have a Series console or PC.

Top Bottom