• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 previews

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I am still not that interested in Mexico, but it looks fun. I am going to enjoy playing this. I liked the LEGO expansion in 4 that was a lot of fun.

RCU005

I don't like these kind of racing games, but Forza has looked so beautiful for years. Every time a Forza or Forza Horizon releases, it's sure to be a graphical showcase.

Ammogeddon

If anyone gonna play this in quality mode, don't talk to me or my son ever again.

Saying Quality Mode is a bit of a misnomer isn’t it. I’d argue there’s nothing quality about a few extra graphical effects at the expense of smoothness and control. I don’t even think there should be an option unless it’s between 60 and 120, especially in driving games.

Last edited:

Larxia

I wonder if this will have the same progresssion / reward problem as Horizon 4.

In Forza Horizon 4, you will always get a gold medal, even if you arrive last during a race. We were really shocked by this when we tried it in coop with a friend, we failed a race, wanted to do it again, but we couldn't find it on the map, because there were gold medals on every races we did, but that's just because this is how the game works.

I find this really dumb, it makes looking at your progression and getting better impossible. It's like they didn't want to make anyone feel bad so it's literally a "medal for everyone", participation trophy, and doing terrible or doing well ends up being the same, and... this can't work in an arcade game like this.

Hunnybun

Looks great, performance mode is the way to go, quality mode looks like a slide show. The pop-in is kinda immersion breaking though.

Yeah the LOD transitions are pretty distracting tbh.

I'm a bit unsure about the graphics in this game actually. Some scenes it looks amazing, borderline photorealistic, others a bit underwhelming. The jungle/forest area doesn't look as good - foliage looks like it's still going to be a bit of a problem this generation :(

Reactions: Rea

Emet_bp

Series S gameplay. Looks pretty good to me. Especially in the city. It's even got raytracing in the tune up shop

There's no RT but what's more strange it looks like there is less pop in on the Series S than on the Series X in Performance mode.

elliot5

There's no RT but what's more strange it looks like there is less pop in on the Series S than on the Series X in Performance mode.
The reflection on the ground in the shop when he's doing the engine changes is raytracing. It was mentioned in ¡Let's Go! Which makes sense because it's static, basically FV mode. No RT in gameplay of course

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The only question I really have is should I get a xbox for this game, I got a ps5 and switch, oh and a medium setting gaming pc.
Obviously PC + controller, if you like play at that desk. Otherwise I don't think that 500USD is unreasonable especially with GP.

Reactions: Isa

Kacho

Is there a 60fps mode on Series S?

I’ll wait for tiny gifs in the rain to make my final verdict, but it’s looking pretty nice.

XS5LK.gif

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Will be watching all these videos later! Can’t wait!!

As a side note, this game has gotten me to go back and really dive into the older games rather than just finishing a few races and mostly ignoring them. I’ve come to the conclusion that this is my favorite current racing series.

Top Bottom