• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Previews are going up

Mister Wolf

They still haven't confirmed what raytracing they're doing. Yes I know what the old articles said. Not a single preview even the ones on PC that showed the in game options have talked about raytracing.

Last edited:

Rush2112

Banned
anyone else finished fallen order but not hyped about this? looks like more of the same. graphics are also last gen, stating the obvious. so why the 70 dollar price tag?

Last edited:

PillsOff

Banned
People actually loved half backed mishmash of popular games covered in the most bland, inoffensive, safe writing possible that was the first game.

To be honest, It was a good product.

Now they need to make it a great game.

N this previews communicate nothing....nothing at all. Useless.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It's unreal engine 5 but I feel like the series s is holding the graphics back by alot.unreal engine 5 can do much better
Series S has nothing to do with this. The director of the game said they chose not to go with UE5 because it was still early in dev and they didnt feel comfortable working on an engine that had not shipped yet.

The graphics look underwhelming because they CHOSE to make them underwhelming. Very little effort was put into upgrading the visuals. Even UE4 is capable of way better visuals than this.

mcjmetroid

The running animation still looks horrible my god. First game was okay to me, it was a jankfest, so far im not impressed by this one either
100% agree. Why do the Jedi feel so heavy?

Nah not impressed with this either and I wanted to like it because I love metroidvanias and souls games. The first wasn't great though.

oTwK0y2.jpg
Honestly, hear me out, Star Wars is a 70's IP, it's about fucking time we get some sick ass 70's facial hair styles and customization options.

daysgone_20190429015387kw9.png

Is days gone super impressive or the jedi game super meh?
(Ingame model, no cutscene)
Days Gone absolutely has higher quality character models than a lot of games I've seen. Especially Deacon and Boozer, they stand out even over the other characters in the game. Iron Mike is an honorable mention.

GymWolf

Days Gone absolutely has higher quality character models than a lot of games I've seen. Especially Deacon and Boozer, they stand out even over the other characters in the game. Iron Mike is an honorable mention.
The freakers are also super detailed if you consider that you can have 500 of them on screen.

It was the best looking ue4 game from past gen for me, better than gears5.

The freakers are also super detailed if you consider that you can have 500 of them on screen.

It was the best looking ue4 game from past gen for me, better than gears5.
Yea that's true, and I would agree with that. Can't really think of another game of that scale and quality on Unreal 4.

In my opinion it also has the best dynamic weather I've ever seen a videogame. RDR2 is outstanding but it doesn't function like DG's weather system.

There are literally hours worth of rolling thunderstorm audio recordings. They sound absolutely insane on a 7.1 surround sound system. Rain also puddles and dries up in real time, same with snow accumulation.

I also actually got an instance of thunder snow at Lost Lake once. Which blew my mind.

hussar16

Series S has nothing to do with this. The director of the game said they chose not to go with UE5 because it was still early in dev and they didnt feel comfortable working on an engine that had not shipped yet.

The graphics look underwhelming because they CHOSE to make them underwhelming. Very little effort was put into upgrading the visuals. Even UE4 is capable of way better visuals than this.
The game is on unreal 5 what r u talking about

Luipadre

Hopefully we'll get console impressions soon. Im holding my purchase until i see it in action on ps5

Last edited:
im gonna hold off until this is half price or less. too close to tears of the kingdom and my backlog is too big.

itll be half price by the end of the year.

I just cant stand that shit anymore. Guardians of the galaxy and god of war ragnarok had them what felt like every 5 minutes
They were there to allow the next area to load in before you could see it. Since this is next-gen only I doubt those are needed anymore. At least for technical reasons

Top Bottom