• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Blue tooth headset - Buy.com

clav

Costanza said:
did you get your items?
Nope.

It worked for the first 10 accounts I had. Maybe less. I know I made a lot.

Orders would be stuck at processing for about two weeks. Only until I e-mailed Buy.com about it, they said it was a problem with Google.

I e-mailed Google, and told me they will cancel all my orders.

DangerStepp

HaloFans said:
Nope.

It worked for the first 10 accounts I had. Maybe less. I know I made a lot.

Orders would be stuck at processing for about two weeks. Only until I e-mailed Buy.com about it, they said it was a problem with Google.

I e-mailed Google, and told me they will cancel all my orders.
Ten accounts?! Wow. Think I'll be in the clear using only one new account on the same CC?

Zyzyxxz

Ryu1999 said:
Not signing up for another Google account, but 10 bucks for a headset shipped is still pretty damn good

Buy.com automatically cancels any new fake Google CHeckout Accounts I make these days.

Thats how much I abused it.

DangerStepp

Costanza said:
just 2, I wanted one for my phone :(
Sorry to hear that. I'm getting one because the Motorola headset I currently own will not sync with my PS3 for some odd reason. Hopefullly this one will work.

DangerStepp said:
Sorry to hear that. I'm getting one because the Motorola headset I currently own will not sync with my PS3 for some odd reason. Hopefullly this one will work.

Same here. It annoyed me to all ends...hopefully this free one will do the trick :D

Goldrusher

US only...
jtxrvl.jpg

Any kind American who could order one for me and ship it to Europe via work or something ? :/

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
finally, when im playing warhawk and people tell me "holy shit man, you suck" I can still sit in silent shame with a plastic dongle in my ear.

0.00 for me, thanks thread

Costanza

Banned
From my order status page:

Soyo FreeStyler 500 Bluetooth Headset - Black 1 $10.00 In the shipping process

:D

I told you guys this would go through.

RetroMG

Ordered one for me and one for my wife. Different Credit cards. Hopefully they'll go through.

Also just ried to get a 2GB Micro SD, and I was going to also try to get a new wii Remote Charger. We'll see if they work.

RetroMG

Ah, it would appear they are unwilling to let me buy the Wii Charger. I'll have to look and see if the other stuff ships. If not, I may just buy one online when I get paid this week.

For some reason it won't work for me, I created 3 different google checkout accounts none of them took off the $10 so I just bought it for full price =(

dysonEA

MWS Natural said:
For some reason it won't work for me, I created 3 different google checkout accounts none of them took off the $10 so I just bought it for full price =(

full price as in ... $10? Im in the "I got it for $0.72" crowd :-D

jvalioli

ggnoobIGN said:
Is there a catch to signing up to Google Check out? Or any drawbacks? anyone want to explain it?
No and no. It is just sort of a universal online shopping account(or will be). A lot of stores accept it, sort of like paypal.

I want this, but what does signing up for Google Checkout mean for me? It doesn't seem to say. Its not a trial subscription or anything is it?

it's just google's "universal" payment system and a competitor to paypal.

they don't charge you any sort of fee for the account, it's just an account made to manage your payment process instead of having multiple logins for multiple sites.

linkboy

I'm sitting at the "Secure checkout with Google" and its still coming up as $10, even after I changed the shipping to budget.

What do I have to do to get it to change to free. Its a brand new account (never used Google Checkout).

Yea I just placed this. :D

Unfortunately I'm a moron and forgot to uncheck the "send me promotional crap from buy.com" before I hit the complete order button. I normally do, but I just didn't see it. That sucks :(

linkboy said:
I'm sitting at the "Secure checkout with Google" and its still coming up as $10, even after I changed the shipping to budget.

What do I have to do to get it to change to free. Its a brand new account (never used Google Checkout).
get to this screen.

2h3d8qe.png

Aladuf

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
Buy.com is going to shit themselves when they realize a few thousand headsets are gone and they aren't getting any moneys for them.

Did you get one of these headsets? Because I remember still when we would play Burnout you had to talk with your Rock Band mic.

Top Bottom