• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck Gamespot for giving The Last of Us: Part II an 8 out of 10 (This is your fault, BRAP!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOT ONLY DID THEY GIVE THE FIRST ONE AN 8/10 BUT ALSO THE FACTUALLY AND OBJECTIVELY BETTER SEQUEL: THE LAST OF US PART II.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GIVE AN INCOMPLETE EPISODIC REMAKE SUCH AS FINAL FANTASY VII A 10/10, BUT NOT FOR THE LAST OF US: PART II?

CAN WE STOP THESE WEBSITES FROM POSTING CLICKBAIT REVIEWS THAT ANGER WELL-INTENTIONED PLAYSTATION GAMERS SUCH AS MYSELF?

FIN.

Last edited:
NOT ONLY DID THEY GIVE THE FIRST ONE AN 8/10 BUT ALSO THE FACTUALLY AND OBJECTIVELY BETTER SEQUEL: THE LAST OF US PART II.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GIVE AN INCOMPLETE EPISODIC REMAKE SUCH AS FINAL FANTASY VII A 10/10, BUT NOT FOR THE LAST OF US: PART II?

CAN WE STOP THESE WEBSITES FROM POSTING CLICKBAIT REVIEWS THAT ANGER WELL-INTENTIONED PLAYSTATION GAMERS SUCH AS MYSELF?

FIN.
Maybe they loved playing games instead of watching movies?

brap

Banned
Bitch can't even fathom violence in a videogame.

Did she not understand that it's a metacommentary on violence in videogames as well as serving the purpose of the game's overarching theme of revenge?

hCnjIV0.jpg

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
The first one absolutely deserved an 8 lol. This one probably does too. The actual gameplay looks serviceable and the visuals have lost the wow factor now in that it doesn't look streets ahead of the best of this gen. It will be more style over substance which is standard for naughty dog.

FIN.

They were too generous TLOU2 deserved a -1/10. For someone who like shit games like Death Stranding, your really in no position to speak.

klosos

Who cares if they give it an 6 or a 10 i don't , most E-famous Game Journalists are fools anyway , so why would anyone take their opinions seriously.

I will wait to you Guys and Gals here get your hands on the Last of US 2 , and ill wait for that feedback, i trust opinions from here a lot more then a modern corrupted gaming Website.

DKehoe

Ofcourse they can, but it doesn't mean we should hold their opinion as highly as the majority of dozens and dozens of reviewers.

Sure, their opinion only holds as much value as you want it to. Personally I like reading negative reviews of things I enjoy, assuming they are done in a thoughtful way. It helps me consider different perspectives and what it is that makes me like that thing so much. Maybe there’s aspects I just wasn’t considering. People just uniformly wanking themselves off over it isn’t that interesting.

Barakov

FIN.
Well, Well. What a predicament.

TtDqPTQ.gif

It seems The Last Of Us : Part II, THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME, is merely just pretty good.

Dontero

Banned
I wouldn't give it even 8/10.

If you read reviews this is basically movie and whenever anyone says anything about gameplay: "servicable, ok, meh, noting new, same cover shooter"

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
She wasn't the only one that thought the violence was overkill and didn't necessarily contributed to the story after a while

I wouldn't give it even 8/10.

If you read reviews this is basically movie and whenever anyone says anything about gameplay: "servicable, ok, meh, noting new, same cover shooter"
Sure, buddy.

You do realize we can all read the reviews too, right?

The majority of reviewers praise the gameplay, but it's very clear the game is not made to play like an ordinary videogame.

It's called ambitious.

CAB_Life

Bitch can't even fathom violence in a videogame.

Did she not understand that it's a metacommentary on violence in videogames as well as serving the purpose of the game's overarching theme of revenge?

Or maybe it’s just gratuitous and hamfisted? I haven’t played it, so I can’t say so myself, though the first entry certainly veered dangerously close to that territory.

She wasn't the only one that thought the violence was overkill and didn't necessarily contributed to the story after a while
I disagree because it's very clear that reviewers which gave it a 9/10 or 10/10 were praising the raw and sheer brutality of the game.

What amazes me is how uncompromising the violence and story is for a AAA game.

Sony are truly one of a kind publishers for allowing games like this and Death Stranding to get released.

Or maybe it’s just gratuitous and hamfisted? I haven’t played it, so I can’t say so myself, though the first entry certainly veered dangerously close to that territory.
I can say that about other works in different mediums that had intense violence, but the world that TLOU depicts allows this to be depicted without losing its realism.

Human beings are inherently violent and this game examines this really well according to reviewers.

phil_t98

#SonyToo

FIN.

So a game you have never played gets a 8 out of 10 score and you loose your shit

LokusAbriss

I disagree because it's very clear that reviewers which gave it a 9/10 or 10/10 were praising the raw and sheer brutality of the game.

What amazes me is how uncompromising the violence and story is for a AAA game.

Sony are truly one of a kind publishers for allowing games like this and Death Stranding to get released.

And some people can't handle such violence. But those kind of people shouldnt review a game like this.

As long as it is a 10/10 game in your eyes, it should'nt matter to you. That review will also not harm sales. Preorder numbers are good.

But I believe the game will really shine on PS5 in proper 4k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom