• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck Gamespot for giving The Last of Us: Part II an 8 out of 10 (This is your fault, BRAP!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it seems as if breath of the wild is still king, tc...

Jooxed Jooxed , you son of a bitch!
3M1p86m.jpg

NOT ONLY DID THEY GIVE THE FIRST ONE AN 8/10 BUT ALSO THE FACTUALLY AND OBJECTIVELY BETTER SEQUEL: THE LAST OF US PART II.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GIVE AN INCOMPLETE EPISODIC REMAKE SUCH AS FINAL FANTASY VII A 10/10, BUT NOT FOR THE LAST OF US: PART II?

CAN WE STOP THESE WEBSITES FROM POSTING CLICKBAIT REVIEWS THAT ANGER WELL-INTENTIONED PLAYSTATION GAMERS SUCH AS MYSELF?

FIN.
WTF is this post. Get a grip man
203ter.jpg

fybyfyby

Of course its not so mass game like zelda because of violence. But thats problem with sites like metacritic. You need to read why they give it 80. And why most of sites gave it 100. I think its massive success. So many 100s. ND are really great and Gamespot doesnt change anything about it. It only little lower metacritic score. But its their right to do so. It means, there is one human in 40, who doesnt like the game.

Of course its not so mass game like zelda because of violence. But thats problem with sites like metacritic. You need to read why they give it 80. And why most of sites gave it 100. I think its massive success. So many 100s. ND are really great and Gamespot doesnt change anything about it. It only little lower metacritic score. But its their right to do so. It means, there is one human in 40, who doesnt like the game.

Kinda circling an important airport here, the same airport that dictates most MCU films score better Tomatometers than more "adult" films.

Eliciel

Most naughty dog games are 8/10 gameplay wise, if not less

Calm down hun

I agree. Gameplay is not spectacular and milestone creating at all.
On the other hand, they are FAR away from creating 8/10 gamesin terms of narrative quality, atmospheric feel, score, animation and just delivering a compelling product. There are so many reasons for not giving naughty dog games 8/10 that it is really only possible if your general review scheme is focussing on gameplay as such. Which is hard to believe. FF VII Gameplay IS actually very repetitive.

So, yeah, at the end of the day it comes down to taste I guess, but haven't even played TLOU 2 I am just going to experience it myself and decide upon the verdict myself.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
Bitch can't even fathom violence in a videogame.

Did she not understand that it's a metacommentary on violence in videogames as well as serving the purpose of the game's overarching theme of revenge?
Durr 'videojames r violent and revenge is baaaddd'
Not exactly world-changing stuff. Anyway, what makes you think that it's a commentary on violent videogames anyway? As far as I can see it just looks like psychotic shock factor crap.

HeresJohnny

The new game sounds bad from things I’ve read about it, but for the, to have given the first game an 8 is just LOL-worthy; it’s easily one of the best games I’ve ever played.

Barnabot

they gave death stranding a 9/10 which i'm assuming is lower than your 10/10 TLOU2 and i did not see you losing your shit over it.

YGg9RZp.png

Wizz-Art

Actually they were really generous with the 8 for the first one - and they know it - so the 8 now for the sequel is an improvement.

samporter

Banned
You have to be able to take the good with the bad. That is what being a well-adjusted individual is all about. Learn to accept that others will have different opinions because of their experiences and preferences.

Somoza

Most naughty dog games are 8/10 gameplay wise, if not less

Calm down hun

Exactly, ND games serve as great tech showcases and great stories, but gameplay-wise they are average. Also, last time i checked when i was at school, a 8 was a great score to get in a exam.

INC

8/10 is way too high for them gameplay wise rofl.
People don't really play their games for gameplay.

I disagree, I love pushing boxes and moving ladders all the time.....lol

I'll buy TLoU 2 regardless, I want that next gen film quality game and story

But gameplay...........I will admit tlou MP was awesome, but no mp this time

Last edited:

Caio

Why not to focus on the 90% of 10/10 ? Maybe these reviewers are pussy who don't like violence and brutal scenes. Who knows. Or they are just "clickbait morons"...whatever it is, who cares ?

Last edited:

Larxia

Today I learned 8/10 is a bad score.
There is really something wrong with game reviews, we need to like completely reboot it and start fresh with new realistic scores. Even 7/10 should be a pretty good score.

Dibils2k

the sony fanboys are pathetic, every not perfect review gets slaughtered and people wonder why PS exclusives are so highly rated

Yup, can you imagine that?

That game has some terrible level designs and low-res textures too!

Because that's all that matters in games right? Nevermind the amazing soundtrack, the likable characters and the depth of character building for each of them, the world building, the story, the art direction, the fun and engaging battle system, the materia system and customization, and that only scratches the surface of the kind of game that goes over your head.

Yep the gameplay is boring and repetitive, just like what MiyazakiHatesKojima likes, maybe that Fedex simulator with a baby is more up his alley, I mean those grassy plains had terrific level designs! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
IGN Japan are the real mad lads: "uninteresting new characters burden the story".

They had better hire security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom