• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck Gamespot for giving The Last of Us: Part II an 8 out of 10 (This is your fault, BRAP!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shi11

Banned
Maybe she isn't smart enough to comprehend the complex themes of the game. You have to have a phd to understand it.

Last edited:

Allandor

Why are people still complaining about test results, even if the games get a good review?
It doesn't make the game any better or worse. Game reviews are always some kind of biased just because of people ^^
If I would give Zelda a review, it wouldn't be a good one. The game just doesn't suit me. Same goes for all Naughty Dog games so far.

What is really missing in gaming journalism is just an objective review if a game is general good or bad and maybe a description what group of people might have fun with the game and nothing more. Giving it a score is nonsense.
e.g. Flight simulators (well actually simulators at all) are for most people boring, but if you like those type of games, than there might be no better game.

Hinedorf

Banned
The last of us is nothing more than zombies + Uncharted. I can easily see a large majority of gamers giving TLOU a hard 7.

Is the story compelling? Depends if you've never watched the slew of zombie shows/movies that are almost identical to it.

People have their own opinions, there's no way I would ever give TLOU a 9 or 10 based on TYPE of game it is, without even seeing TLOU2 I'd make that same assessment. Some games are just not 10's, it's the eye of the beholder.

Atrus

Gold Member
I didn't even realize there'd be a separate thread for it but I should have figured because the 'bad' stands out as being confusing. I normally don't care for reviews of games I'm going to get but go to Gamespot out of nostalgia since I've been going there for decades.

"Much of the violence you inflict goes unexamined, which makes the gruesomeness of it just unpleasant"

Is certainly an odd negative point to see as a reader since its a philosophical position not something pertinent to the game itself.

I'm expecting someting about sound, graphics, plot, gameplay, bugs etc. but don't really expect to see this unless the protagonist is running around killing babies in a context that's unrelated to the story. Do the enemies not kill you first if you just walk up to them? How long do pacifists last in the post-apocalypse?

Seems like a reach to fill in the column to add at least something. Surely, something like the inability to hide bodies would have been better alongside any other mechanics?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Why are you crying about review score all the time? Be lucky I did not review it (because I liked no Naughty Dog game post Jak 1).

Yoda

Why do you care? First, it's GameSpot, they've had more questionable opinions on the past. Second, it sounds like you already made up your mind, so why not just play it yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom