• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Auto screens (Xdude 360)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
full-auto-20050820025934996.jpg

full-auto-20050820025933434.jpg

full-auto-20050820025931872.jpg

full-auto-20050820025930372.jpg

full-auto-20050820025928825.jpg

full-auto-20050820025927325.jpg

full-auto-20050820025925638.jpg

full-auto-20050820025924091.jpg

full-auto-20050820025922576.jpg

full-auto-20050820025921076.jpg

full-auto-20050820025919576.jpg

full-auto-20050820025915171.jpg

TheDuce22

Banned
Looks awesome. This is still the only title I really want at launch. Im forced to buy madden as well because im a football fan.

maynerd

Banned
TheDuce22 said:
Looks awesome. This is still the only title I really want at launch. Im forced to buy madden as well because im a football fan.

I think this game has been delayed and won't be a launch title.

Wow the visuals have certainly been downgraded, must be the lack of hard drive :)

sangreal

maynerd said:
I think this game has been delayed and won't be a launch title.

Yes
Wow the visuals have certainly been downgraded.

No. Where the fuck did you get that idea?

People have some weird ass memories of what things used to look like.

Infact, some of these shots are from E3.

Ranger X

If it's true everything is destructible and that's it's physics ahoy all the time, i can understand this graphic quality. If not, busted.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Odd, I actually like some of these screenshots, but all the bitching in this thread makes me wonder if I should get my eyes checked.

maynerd

Banned
sangreal said:
Yes

No. Where the fuck did you get that idea?

People have some weird ass memories of what things used to look like.

Infact, some of these shots are from E3.

I dunno this looks a lot better than those screens.

928116_20050513_screen002.jpg

These pictures suck. The compression on these photos is horrible. It Makes the game look fucking dull.

I agree with the wheel arch complaints though, developers need to stop cutting corners like that. I think it is a nit pick but it is obvious and annoying because so many people notice that shit.

fugimax

Looked good at E3..

So either this game just doesn't screenshot well, or they've cut back on the visuals. It was definitely visually impressive when I played it.

sangreal

maynerd said:
I dunno this looks a lot better than those screens.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/131/reviews/928116_20050513_screen002.jpg[\img][/QUOTE]

Here is another shot from E3. Look familliar? :)

[img]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/616/616606/full-auto-20050518070050530.jpg

FightyF

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
Fucking next gen and its angled wheel arches. The extra power and these shit developers can't even smooth them off properly. Useless.
talktothehand8yf.gif

There's only one car with that problem.

The screens are a mixed bag. Need to see this in motion.

The Antiwhatever filtering on most xbox360 games that i've seen has been terrible. :sick
X360 only capable of 4X AF? :scratch

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
I only expect that the first generation PS3 games won´t look more better than this first gen 360 games when Sony will show PS3 games in the TGS, because if this becomes true the sales of 360 on the hardcore gamer world will go down.

Borys

Banned
Holy crap, ugliness am total.

Look at those textures... tsk-tsk.

There's a generational gap between these shots and Gotham 3. How so?

I don't want my PS3 games looking like that, Sony, you better watch out or SALE -1!

EDIT: Wait every buliding, car, lamppost is totally HAVOK-wreckable? Hmm...

Vibri

Banned
Despite the bad art, this game is more 'next-gen' to me than PGR3 or Need for Speed Most Wanted. Those games are essentially the same experience in higher res and improved graphics. You're still racing around a track. Check out the screens above. See that city? It's all destructible, procedurally and in real time. It might not look as next-gen as the other racers, but it plays more next-gen to me.

olimario

Banned
Vibri said:
Despite the bad art, this game is more 'next-gen' to me than PGR3 or Need for Speed Most Wanted. Those games are essentially the same experience in higher res and improved graphics. You're still racing around a track. Check out the screens above. See that city? It's all destructible, procedurally and in real time. It might not look as next-gen as the other racers, but it plays more next-gen to me.

So racers, in order to be "next gen", need to add shit that blows up? There's no "next gen" in more realistic car sounds, car physics, and more realistic environments? There's no "next gen" in a massive scope, thousands of spectators, and the ability to watch other races at your leisure?

Alright... GT5:Blow shit up

Timan

Developer
I might be wrong, but AA is used to smooth out the jaggies where as AF is to sharpen textures or something to that effect, at least on the pc side of things.

I think the game looks fine. Load up burnout 3 and compare the graphics, I think that next gen in total is never going to be such a big leap in graphics like the good old days, games just will always look like a 1.5 or it can run on xbox type game.

Deff one of the few games that make me actually want to buy the console, looks fun.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
monchi-kun said:
The car combat genre has had one king....Twisted Metal. All other attempts to enter the category have failed.

well, this isnt really cr combat. more combat racing. think wipeout.

the game looked HOT at e3. i'm anticipating it quite a bit

FightyF

Banned
People are free to dislike the art or not be impressed by all, but if you're comparing it to Xbox, or even claiming that it's a marginal increase over the Xbox, you don't know what you are talking about.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
looks like shit. I'm getting tired (geddit?) of all this post apocalypse/near future dark shit where it just looks like you're racing through a fucking oil refinery half the time. No fucking imagination.

And everything is Havok wreckable? That makes it OK to look like shit? The power of the next gen consoles shouldn't even be slightly dented by a few rigid body objects.

anyone seriously using THIS as the reason for buying an xbox 360 needs their bumps feeling

TheDuce22

Banned
anyone seriously using THIS as the reason for buying an xbox 360 needs their bumps feeling

From the videos it reminds me alot of carmageddon, only in a fully destructable environment. Thats why im so excited about it. Plus the ability to rewind time fits perfectly into the racing genere, im surprised nobody has done it yet. I feel like the GTA series is complete garbage in every way, you dont see me badmouthing people who bought a ps2 for it.

terrene

Banned
I think the problem, besides the jaggies, are the TERRIBLE FUCKING COLORS.

What is UP with the goddamn bright leprechaun green and eye-burning bright puke orange?

Top Bottom