• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Auto screens (Xdude 360)

Lunar Aura said:
show me an xbox 1 game that looks like this.
full-auto-20050820025927325.jpg

XBOX 2001. Lower poly but this is now 4 years old.
032492.jpg

way lower poly count, way lower quality textures, no online play, but it does have nice sparks and explosions. oh...the environments are static too.

Tellaerin

Lunar Aura said:
hmmm...low poly car, car shine textures that look like someone used the smudge function in photoshop, low quality background textures(look at the walls for god sake) and 128 colors that all run and swirl into eachother in the background. That pic is some what representative of what a clowns nightmares look like.

Yet thanks to the miracle of decent art direction, that 'clown's nightmare' is still far more visually appealing than any of the Full Auto screenshots I've seen posted to date. :p

Likewise, I think you're missing the point as far as Wreckless goes. Despite all the technical shortcomings you listed (lower poly count, lower quality textures), it still looks better than Full Auto does in screenshots. There's no excuse for Full Auto not to look at least as good as Wreckless does, even with destructable environments and lots of interactive physics. Sufficient system resources are present for the developers to make this a good-looking title--they just need to be utilized better than they are currently. In short, 'Warrior needs better art... badly.' :p

And as far as low-quality textures go, perhaps you should take a closer look at this:

full-auto-20050820025925638.jpg

Perhaps you'd care to explain WTF is up with that truck in the background--the jaggy, blurry texture on the cab looks like something out of a cutting-edge PC game circa 1997. Even if it's only a destructible background object, it still looks horribly out of place in what's supposed to be a next-gen title.

The gameplay in Full Auto sounds interesting enough to carry the game in spite of its visuals. I'd like to see people give it a fair chance myself, but trying to downplay the obvious graphical shortcomings on display in those screens isn't the way to accomplish that, and it undermines your credibility besides.

It's also important to remember that the first Wreckless was developed by a team of 11 and Wreckless 2 by a team of only 6.

No idea how large Pseudo is these days.

Top Bottom