• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Cologne 2009 - The Thread

Mihku

Oh my, Peter Moore in shorts making a complete fool of himself. Promoting a fitness game when you are half dead after the warm-up exercises, great job.

Mihku said:
Oh my, Peter Moore in shorts making a complete fool of himself. Promoting a fitness game when you are half dead after the warm-up exercises, great job.
That's one good thing about the surge of the casual market. We get so many lulz watching grown men make a fool of themselves in ways we never have before. :lol

BC2 seriously looks tempting. The Squad system and vehicle gameplay is always fun. Infinity Ward better show something stunning or I'm cancelling my pre-order and going for BC2

BradleyUK said:
Microsoft stuff is really nothing special to jump about. They will let Sony steal a lot of thunder during this holiday season, but will Microsoft be at the next game conference?
i15758_StealthTroll.jpg

I know Brutal Legend is already some kind of critical darling, but am I the only one who thinks it looks boring as all fuck from a pure game-play perspective?

Russian Steve said:
I know Brutal Legend is already some kind of critical darling, but am I the only one who thinks it looks boring as all fuck from a pure game-play perspective?

I'm with you on that. I didn't find it interesting at all..

todahawk

Sentry said:
Go to kmart.com for yourself, it's right on the front page. Other than that though, not much other news regarding the slim.. tons of price cut ads everywhere though.

I went and showed it to a co-worker, both laughing our asses off and now it's gone from their page. The item is still available for pre-order, they hadn't cleared that out yet.

Russian Steve said:
Nope. I can't stand Jack Black / Tenacious D. I think he's a complete idiot who makes terrible movies and music. I am a big metal fan, but this just looks stupid to me. I can't stand the Guitar Hero-esque cartoony graphics.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Russian Steve said:
Same here.

ReiGun

Russian Steve said:
I'm with you. I used to be interested, but the demonstrations they've done so far haven't impressed me much.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Bioware are amazing at coming up with in depth, well rounded and developed characters.

THIS GUY WANTS TO FUCKIN FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keyrat

Russian Steve said:

That's how I felt until I saw some gameplay last week. It looks like a funny God of War with a rich musical culture. Should be fun enough, I think.

CrayzeeCarl said:
Nope. I can't stand Jack Black / Tenacious D. I think he's a complete idiot who makes terrible movies and music. I am a big metal fan, but this just looks stupid to me. I can't stand the Guitar Hero-esque cartoony graphics.

I also don't like Jack Black very much, not my kind of humor. But I've played and seen Brütal Legend for a fair amount of time and it's fucking awesome. Have trust in Tim :)

Achtius

red shoe paul said:
That Old Republic fight scene was sooooo fucking nasty.

EDIT: OMG Need For Speed.

Cuz of the 'wicked twist" where it is the same trailer expect in GERMAN? :lol :lol

Edit: horrible grammar. Damn you quoted :(

schennmu said:
I also don't like Jack Black very much, not my kind of humor. But I've played and seen Brütal Legend for a fair amount of time and it's fucking awesome. Have trust in Tim :)
Maybe I will rent it then.

Xater

keyrat said:
That's how I felt until I saw some gameplay last week. It looks like a funny God of War with a rich musical culture. Should be fun enough, I think.

Then you know like half of the gameplay...

R0nn

Brütal Legend looks very promising. Screw the haters. You will all thoroughly enjoy it as soon as it releases. Previous footage from around E3 where they showed the first portion of the game was better though.

That new character in ME2 is just a clone of Wrex? Not very interesting if you ask me. Dragon Age trailer was much better than previous ones though. Hardly any silly Marylin Manson music featured this time.

NFS Shift looks really good. The cockpit view is awesome and visceral and the sound effects are incredibly good. Hard to say if it'll play well though.

It seems Dante not only copied GoW's combat engine, but also it's musical score. ;) Still interested though.

Top Bottom