• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Cologne 2009 - The Thread

Khrno

SE has their own booth. There might be some clips from FF games on the Sony conference, but I won't expect much if anything at all right now.

dk_

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jem Alexander:

(for those interested, the battery meter has been moved in Firmware 3.0)

V_Arnold

Home does not suck. It is their "you wanna gimme free money? Give me free money" feature, as is the avatar clothing , or to a certain extend the old NES/SNES games on Virtual Console. They provide gameplay at least, but i had to draw some analogie.

Lain

So Italy will have the video download service later in 2010? lol
Digital reader could be hot. Would be cool to have some manga on it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Negaiido said:
When does Sony realise that Home sucks?
When do you realize that Sony cares more about the high margins on virtual goods than they do about your opinion? Home isn't for you, get over it. Sony is making money off of it, so expect them to keep working on it.

Arucardo

Reading digital comics off a tv, hmmm....Not so bad on a pc monitor but I can't see myself reading comics off a tv screen.

-Amon-

"To celebrate the launch of PSP Go, people who register their Gos between the 1st and the 10th of October will get a free digital copy of GT PSP"

Wtf ! My old psp 1000 is watching me ... she's afraid :( lol

Turfster said:
Incredibly disappointing. No new games, and the new stuff in the 3.0 firmware looks like ass and totally useless.
34ph0ti_th.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Turfster said:
Incredibly disappointing. No new games, and the new stuff in the 3.0 firmware looks like ass and totally useless.

WTF games were you expecting? This show is about the slim, they have an incredible line-up all the way until march next year, why show a new game when it's going to get overhsadowed by the news of the slim? We know Jaffe's studio ESP is working on something, we know Dylan Jobe's studio Lightbox is working on something. Guerilla Games and Sucker Punch both have only just released their games this year.
Indifferent2.gif

harSon

Banned
Turfster said:

I completely expected there to be no new game announcements, I said it before, but with the placement of Gamescom, it's unlikely that a game is ready now that wasn't 2 months prior for e3, unless of course they held it back. And considering TGS is next month, it's unlikely that you'd see anything from Japanese developers.

Kittonwy said:
WTF games were you expecting? This show is about the slim, they have an incredible line-up all the way until march next year, why show a new game when it's going to get overhsadowed by the news of the slim? We know Jaffe's studio ESP is working on something, we know Dylan Jobe's studio Lightbox is working on something. Guerilla Games and Sucker Punch both have only just released their games this year.
Indifferent2.gif

How about something from the European studios since this conference is in Europe

Oli

Damodar said:
Wednesday,19th August 2009

10:00 CEST (08:00 GMT, 01:00 PDT, 04:00 EDT) Microsoft Game Studios / Lionhead Press Briefing Countdown
LIVE BLOGS: Eurogamer

I was about to order myself an Xbox 360 Pro - is there any evidence of something coming out of this conference that would make me want to wait?

.nimrod

Oli said:
I was about to order myself an Xbox 360 Pro - is there any evidence of something coming out of this conference that would make me want to wait?

i'd say no, but it's less than a day until the conference...

Oli

.nimrod said:
i'd say no, but it's less than a day until the conference...

The sale ends thursday, so I'm cutting it close. But I'll kick myself if something does happen. Agh. Guess I'll wait.

beat

Oli said:
The sale ends thursday, so I'm cutting it close. But I'll kick myself if something does happen. Agh. Guess I'll wait.
Do they have price protection plans where you live? A "the price dropped within 30 days of your purchase so we'll refund you the difference" thing?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
do we know when Activision stuff will be rolling in or if there's an embargo? i've heard that MW Wii will be there...

Oli

beat said:
Do they have price protection plans where you live? A "the price dropped within 30 days of your purchase so we'll refund you the difference" thing?

On an online purchase, I doubt it. Plus if Microsoft did announce something, it probably wouldn't change within 30 days.

falastini

Since it keeps being asked every page... there is no SE conference. Info from their games will probably be announced during public days

via OP
Kinan said:
Tuesday,18th August 2009

16:30– 17:30 CEST (14:30– 15:30 GMT, 7:30-8:30 PDT (Los Angeles), 10:30-11:30 EDT (New York)) Electronic Arts Countdown
LIVE STREAM: EA Blog
LIVE BLOG: Kotaku

18:30 – 20:30 CEST (16:30– 18:30 GMT, 9:30-11:30 PDT, 12:30-14:30 EDT) Sony Computer Entertainment Countdown

LIVE BLOGS: Playstation Blog EU, Eurogamer, IGN UK, Kotaku, Gamespot

Official opening of the Gamescom and most press events are at Wednesday. Important events:

Wednesday,19th August 2009

10:00 CEST (08:00 GMT, 01:00 PDT, 04:00 EDT) Microsoft Game Studios / Lionhead Press Briefing Countdown
LIVE BLOGS: Eurogamer

12:00 CEST (10:00 GMT, 03:00 PDT, 06:00 EDT) KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT GmbH Press Conference
16:00 CEST (14:00 GMT, 07:00 PDT, 10:00 EDT) NAMCO BANDAI &Partners Press Conference
17:00 CEST (15:00 GMT, 08:00 PDT, 11:00 EDT) Bethesda Softworks Press Conference

Starting from Thursday, 20th August 2009, the exhibition is fully open for visitors. Take into account that there are many fesitivities planned outside of the exhibition halls, including gaming camps, cosplay world record attempt at Saturday, casemodding competition and parkour event, so visiting Cologne burn out your unprepared brains due to overload by extreme fun.

Gavarms

whalesaver said:
Napoleon:Total War ?

Seems you were spot on!

Napoleon: Total War will be a standalone release and not an expansion pack

Source

Feature List:

It's not an Addon like Kingdoms, it's a Stand Alone game:
- the focus will be on different heroes of the history
- 3 campaigns: Napoleon in Italy, Egypt and Russia
- Trafalgar and Waterloo are included
- better diplomacy