• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Cologne 2009 - The Thread

Blablurn

some facts about cologne

- it's not a very beautiful city but the people are quite friendly and there are a lot of party locations

Hohe Straße (the main street where many shops and fast food restaurants are

2d0fmg9.jpg

The Kölner Dom is one of the main attractions of the city

2hqz6gz.jpg

There will be a football game on the 22th - Köln vs. Frankfurt. You can expect a lot of fans

57ma9.jpg
2clel5.jpg

if you want the people to like you say something like "ich liebe podolski". the people love him

30m8lee.jpg

Concerts @ Köln at this Time

* Die Toten Hosen (18.8.200)
* Jethro Tull (18.8.2009)

Drink some fucking Kölsch!!!

2lwrok8.jpg

the place where the con takes place - köln messe! the good thing: the city center is only 5 minutes away (if you use the train).

tashae.jpg

35cevs7.jpg

Kinan

Kölsch is my favorite beer ever. Especially Früh Kölsch. :)

1C is the only thing that matters. someone do shakycam of everything they're showing

Oh, there will be plenty shakycams, thats for sure. I even take my HD camera with me. :)

.nimrod said:
is it known if the giantbomb crew is going to attend?
i'd like to have my ipod signed :)

They have been very negative about Leipzig the last few years, so I don't expect them to show up this year. Especially because most of it will be E3 re-run.

CCP's keynote announcing their next game (hopefully WoD) and Futuremark finally showing Shattered Horizons will be the highlights for me, barring any super nice surprise announcements.

Kinan

Blablurn said:
just stick to früh kölsch! and if you don't get that, pick Reissdorf Kölsch.

Good boy! Protip - when you forget the names (and you will), or are too drunk to read or spell them, you can easily distinguish excellent Kölsch from an average one by color - always pick one with the RED label.

Referenced your post in OP, Blablurn. :)

MMaRsu said:
I doubt it will show up any time soon, R* isn't a company to show alot before a release.

Agent = Rockstars game
The Agency = Sony's spy MMO

Neither of them will probably be shown to the public.

Blablurn

Kinan said:
Good boy! Protip - when you forget the names (and you will), or are too drunk to read or spell them, you can easily distinguish excellent Kölsch from an average one by color - always pick one with the RED label.

Referenced your post in OP, Blablurn. :)

european high five!

Acosta

Teknopathetic said:
CCP's keynote announcing their next game (hopefully WoD) and Futuremark finally showing Shattered Horizons will be the highlights for me, barring any super nice surprise announcements.

There was speculation about some kind of online action based game called Dust by CCP (info here), so it could be that. I would absolutely love there was WoD related news, but I prefer not being optimistic, I have prepared myself for a long time without knowing anything about it.

Yeah, it could be that as well, however, World of Darkness is supposed to come out in 2010, so you'd *think* they'd show that first. Especially considering that there's absolutely no real details about it.

To be honest, I'm fine with either. I want to see what other ideas CCP has in the Online/MMO space.

Meadows

Banned
.nimrod said:
is it known if the giantbomb crew is going to attend?
i'd like to have my ipod signed :)

They aren't

Also does anyone know if Rockstar will be there in any way shape or form. An Agent trailer would make the show awesome for me.
However, I secretly hold out hope that Bully 2 will be announced, but shhh don't tell anyone!

Acosta

Teknopathetic said:
Yeah, it could be that as well, however, World of Darkness is supposed to come out in 2010, so you'd *think* they'd show that first. Especially considering that there's absolutely no real details about it.

To be honest, I'm fine with either. I want to see what other ideas CCP has in the Online/MMO space.

Yes, I will be there for anything CCP is cooking, having a blast with Eve. Too bad I joined so late, but that won't happen again. That said, some kind of presentation of World of Darkness would make Gamescom amazing for itself.

Kenka

Aaaaaaah, Köln my very favourite city outside of Basel and Lucerne :):):):)

Yummy.

Well, I'm wondering if I should not put a hold to my trip to Leipzig and rather go to Köln...

skip said:
yes, more beer recommendations!
It's just Kolsch: it's the only thing the city drinks.

I was there a month or so ago, and the first thing after saying hello, was at 5pm, the German PR guy from Blizzard went to the bar and ordered some Kolsch.

It's gorgeous, so easy to drink, and is great in hot weather.

The only thing to be worried about is that the city is full of cyclists: and they have huge cycle lanes, outlined in white lines on the pavement. After a night on the Kolsch, it's VERY easy to want to follow those and walk between the lines like a guiding path.

Oh yeah, one other thing. Be careful, cause at at pretty much every restaurant I went to, the toilet signs in the city were pretty fucked up. There were meat cut diagrams of men and women, crazy cartoons which you had to focus on hard to see the difference, and it was just very odd.

And party bikes. They're like cycling pubs. Totally hire one.

Meadows said:
They aren't

Also does anyone know if Rockstar will be there in any way shape or form. An Agent trailer would make the show awesome for me.
However, I secretly hold out hope that Bully 2 will be announced, but shhh don't tell anyone!

Rockstar Games will be there, titles not mentioned in the press stuff I have. But expecting Red Dead and nothing more.

Blablurn

Milk Lizard said:

2exxbpk.png

i believe!!!!!!!

i will always believe!!! you know why? i met seabass before konami released PES6. and it was the best game of the series. and i'm hopefully going to see him again this year. it's on! there is no way konami is going to screw that up! we're about to the get the definitive football game! the new standard.

agaru

Vinterbird said:
Rockstar Games will be there, titles not mentioned in the press stuff I have. But expecting Red Dead and nothing more.
I think we're definitely going to get new info on Agent this year, but I'm not sure if Gamescom will be the place, I doubt it. But this is what the company had to say on the day Agent was announced:

http://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/2007386324
'Agent' - New PS3 exclusive being developed by Rockstar North. More info coming soon.
"coming soon" definitely means this year. I would think sometime in September we might see a debut trailer along with a few screens.

Milk Lizard said:
http://i27.tinypic.com/23jrc09.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You're gonna need to edit that when Gamescom hits, son. ;)

eXistor

I'm going on the 23rd with a bunch of guys and gals from my current job and last job. I went to Gameplay a few years back in Holland and that was boring as hell, hope this is better.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
agaru said:
Gamescom can easily be included in the general Pre-Release Hype Phase (ie "OMG PREVIEW BUILD IS 100x BETTER THAN LAST YEAR'S GAME!" ie fanboy blog "impressions" whose excitement is more excitement about receiving a preview build than actual substantive discussion).

I'm just kidding around though, I hope it's great too. Competition is a good thing, though I'll doubt I'll main PES until they fix the online which I don't think they'll ever do.

WinFonda

agaru said:
I think we're definitely going to get new info on Agent this year, but I'm not sure if Gamescom will be the place, I doubt it. But this is what the company had to say on the day Agent was announced:

"coming soon" definitely means this year. I would think sometime in September we might see a debut trailer along with a few screens.

Don't forget that a lot of games get their reveals now at the Spike VGA awards towards the end of the year... It's a good candidate for games like Agent, or Eat Sleep Play's PS3 game.

Spydy

Banned
Call me crazy but I'm pretty excited about MAG. I'm hoping Zipper up the ante and show how this could be a killer online experience.

MW2. Hoping they show more of the MP and blow everyone away. Again.

GoW3. Just more, please.

GT5 release date. Before Xmas THIS YEAR, Sony.

Dommel

I'm still doubting whether to go or not.

It's only a 2 hour drive from where I live and I guess you can get tickets at the door?

But how crowded is it going to be, if I'd go it would be on friday the 21st. Is it jampacked like E3 and waiting in line for hours on end to catch 5 minutes of gameplay?

Kinan

Dommel said:
I'm still doubting whether to go or not.

It's only a 2 hour drive from where I live and I guess you can get tickets at the door?

But how crowded is it going to be, if I'd go it would be on friday the 21st. Is it jampacked like E3 and waiting in line for hours on end to catch 5 minutes of gameplay?

I think Friday its still will be reasonable, especially in the morning. Weekend will be quite packed, I suppose. You can also buy tickets online, think its even slightly cheaper, so you will not need to stand in line :)

agaru

AstroLad said:
Gamescom can easily be included in the general Pre-Release Hype Phase (ie "OMG PREVIEW BUILD IS 100x BETTER THAN LAST YEAR'S GAME!" ie fanboy blog "impressions" whose excitement is more excitement about receiving a preview build than actual substantive discussion).

I'm just kidding around though, I hope it's great too. Competition is a good thing, though I'll doubt I'll main PES until they fix the online which I don't think they'll ever do.
Yeah I know what you mean; trying to stay careful because they already let us down 2 times. I would be more than happy if they're only to fix the online issues. So far, it's confirmed that the gimmicky Konami ID system is removed and the game will use the online system of PES6 which performed excellent and "lag-free". Also, Eurogamer had a positive preview on the game and they sounded happy with it, not to mention the newly added mo-cap animations, card system, and the latest rumors of 360 degrees controls inclusion. I'm more positive this year than ever and I can't deny it. It seems the last two FIFA games have made these guys "wake up" and listen to what the fans want, and as you said competition is a good thing. Awesome tag btw. :)

Legend of dragoon 2 announced at gamescom. Believe.

agaru said:

I hope that i will have to but i doubt it. Played it since the ISS days on ps1 where everyone laughed at me for not playing fifa, then slowly but surely they realized how much more awesome PES was. Then when it was starting to be accepted that PES was miles ahead on fifa konami released that horrible turd that is pes 2008 and the year after pes09 (not horrible but nothing compared to fifa09... and that was even not that good).

I wish i could go this year, i'm not far away but college is keeping me away.

mh, this year it is even closer to my home but I somehow still don't feel the urge to visit :/

I wonder if SE shows up with Mithras AND Miqo'tes this year :eek: ^^
mithragirls.gif

edit: oh, nice photoshop-skills Mr. SE-webdesigner :lol

Top Bottom