• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Trade-in 6 Games 60% (+10% for Pro Members) Bonus 8/21-9/3

bill0527

Awesome!!

so the stack of games they want to give me $1.00 for is now worth $6.00.

Quickly someone do the math and tell me how many games I need to trade in at that rate to get a One X.

Hero

Assuming this is tracked company wide and not just at a specific store? So in theory by the end of the weekend (when the bonus ends) I could trade in 3x overwatch (xbox), 3x overwatch (Ps4), 3x ezio (ps4), 3x ezio (xbox), etc etc?

Technically an employee can see your historical transactions if they want to be a "junior detective."

If you had 3x of 6 games and were ultra concerned about not getting caught, I would visit 3 different GameStops on the same day.

Man there is such a big difference in value between Uncharted 4 and the Nathan Drake Collection!

It's making me want to rethink trading in that collection.

What are the good B2G1 coupon flips now?

There has to be a few that are trading in for more than they're selling @ GS.

Edit: also.. which Pro coupon works on more than 1 set of B2G1.. the "Pro Member" or the "PUR PRO"?

What are the chances of a Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6 collection being announced for Switch? I want to trade those three for PS4 in but I'm unsure.

What are the good B2G1 coupon flips now?

There has to be a few that are trading in for more than they're selling @ GS.

Edit: also.. which Pro coupon works on more than 1 set of B2G1.. the "Pro Member" or the "PUR PRO"?

The following Switch games are a safe bet. All will trade in $51 with 70% bonus.

Zelda BOTW
Arms
Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mario & Rabbids

EDIT: Corrected my math, sorry!

Hero

The following Switch games are a safe bet. All will trade in $56.10 with 70% bonus.

Zelda BOTW
Arms
Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mario & Rabbids

You are taking the PUR 10% bonus into consideration twice.

The base price of ARMS/Splatoon 2 is 30. 30 x 1.7 = 51.

Brizzo24

What sorta pissed me off is the fact that I assumed I'd get 70% added to the $24.75 trade in value; being that I am a Pro Member. But nope. 70% was tacked on to the $22.50 Regular Price :(

YLSjfx2.jpg

Instead of my proposed estimate of $144 for six games, I nabbed over $131. Not a total loss.

Bii

What sorta pissed me off is the fact that I assumed I'd get 70% added to the $24.75 trade in value; being that I am a Pro Member. But nope. 70% was tacked on to the $22.50 Regular Price :(

YLSjfx2.jpg

Instead of my proposed estimate of $144 for six games, I nabbed over $131. Not a total loss.

You tacked on an extra 10% during your calculations. This promo gives you 60% more for 6 or more games traded in, plus another 10% for being a PUR member. Though I can see why you added 70% to the pro value instead of the regular price.

Brizzo24

You tacked on an extra 10% during your calculations. This promo gives you 60% more for 6 or more games traded in, plus another 10% for being a PUR member. Though I can see why you added 70% to the pro value instead of the regular price.

Yes, correct. I don't trade often, and I was using my nephew's Pr Membership. Just happy to trade in a few games I'm not playing. I bought Horizon for 39.99, and traded it for 38.25...not bad.

I did 24.75 x 1.7 = $42.075

But it was 22.50 x 1.7 = $38.25

Luke_Wal

I traded in a couple of things literally yesterday that had a bump... Is there anything I can do? Can I bring back in my receipt or something?

KodaRuss

I am going to try and finish Uncharted TLL before Sunday. I have that and a few other games to trade in. I think I am going to trade in my Vita as well.

sebco

Ended up with $295 GC credit thanks to this deal. So sounds like the only way to convert this to Amazon credit is to ask them for a $295 gift card to Amazon and then sneakily swipe the GameStop gift card? Seems like the GS employee ringing it out will hate that...

Will give it a shot, would like to use it towards my Amazon X1X preorder.

Ended up with $295 GC credit thanks to this deal. So sounds like the only way to convert this to Amazon credit is to ask them for a $295 gift card to Amazon and then sneakily swipe the GameStop gift card? Seems like the GS employee ringing it out will hate that...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242790738&postcount=5419

That's what I did last time. The basic chain is GS trade credit > GS Gift Card > Amazon Cash. The key is don't ask, they'll shoot you down even if the system allows it.

Megatron

It won't work with your store credit. You will first have to get a GameStop gift card. Then go to a different gs and ask for an Amazon gc. Also, to make it look better, ask for a $300 gs gift card, not $295, and just pay the extra $5

big youth

Do coupon/offers stack? For example in my account I have:

$5 Reward Certificate and a PUR PRO - Buy any 2 Pre-Owned Items Get 1 Free

Would the coupon apply to the most expensive of the 2 games I'm paying for?

Okay so I traded Resident Evil 4-6, Just Dance 2015, Minecraft PS4 and (unfortunately) Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection which got me 96 dollars in total. Finished paying off my Destiny 2 GameStop LE and I have 6 dollars left to pay towards my Samus Returns Special Edition.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242790738&postcount=5419

That's what I did last time. The basic chain is GS trade credit > GS Gift Card > Amazon Cash. The key is don't ask, they'll shoot you down even if the system allows it.

I don't get that post.

Why do I hate it to only take it out and swipe it when it is time? Will they deny me getting my balance in a GS gift card otherwise?

Do I just use it to buy an Amazon GC? What is this Amazon cash barcode.

Instructions are not that clear.

kirblar

They are not supposed to allow Trade Credit or Gift Card to be used for cash equivalents per their policy. (for obvious reasons.) It is, however, not something the point-of-sale system explicitly prohibits.

I don't get that post.

Why do I hate it to only take it out and swipe it when it is time? Will they deny me getting my balance in a GS gift card otherwise?

Do I just use it to buy an Amazon GC? What is this Amazon cash barcode.

Instructions are not that clear.

Yes a lot of stores will deny it. They don't want you to go from Trade Credit to Gamestop Gift Card, and they really don't want you going from Gamestop Gift Card to Amazon...but the system does allow it if you can get the cashier to do the transaction.

Last time I had one store deny me completely, one store would only let me go from Trade Credit to Gamestop GC but not from that to Amazon, and finally the third store let me do the entire transaction from credit to amazon gift card and didn't give a shit.

I like that store.

Yes a lot of stores will deny it. They don't want you to go from Trade Credit to Gamestop Gift Card, and they really don't want you going from Gamestop Gift Card to Amazon...but the system does allow it if you can get the cashier to do the transaction.

But what about the whole Amazon cash thing? Are they a partner?

Is that why some posts are saying only swipe your card when needed and don't show it to the rep?

kirblar

Isn't there a partnership with amazon specifically for turning your trade credit into amazon gift balance?
It's the AmazonCash program, which is at a bunch of different stores, it's supposed to be direct cash->Amazon SC. (program's designed to help lower income people buy stuff on Amazon.)

big youth

I had no problem using my GS gift card to buy a Steam gift card, and I was totally upfront about it. That may be different converting it to an Amazon card though..?

Ibuki

Banned
I had no problem using my GS gift card to buy a Steam gift card, and I was totally upfront about it. That may be different converting it to an Amazon card though..?
They encourage you to do that, they even had a bonus recently for trading towards Steam credit.

Ok so I will go to GS in about 30 minutes.

I will trade in the games ans ask for a GS gift Card. I will then go to another GS and ask to:

• a) Buy a Amazon GC and just swipe the GC when needed( will they know I swiped a GC?)
    or
  • b) Ask to add to my Amazon Cash and swipe the GC, again at the last second so they don't see it.

I really hate GS and their rules and I don't want to trade all those game in to be left with a GS credit card I cannot use anywhere.

Spasm

I don't know if it's cause of this promotion or not, but I just got $225 trade-in value on my launch PS4 for a Pro. All I had to do was join the free level of Power-Up Rewards (without, it was $175). I already got a Pro last week from BB, but they wouldn't match the trade-in, so it's going back, right after it finishes transferring to the new Pro.

SamNW

I don't know if it's cause of this promotion or not, but I just got $225 trade-in value on my launch PS4 for a Pro. All I had to do was join the free level of Power-Up Rewards (without, it was $175). I already got a Pro last week from BB, but they wouldn't match the trade-in, so it's going back, right after it finishes transferring to the new Pro.
I thought you had to be a Pro member to be eligible for the $50 bonus. Is that not the case?

kirblar

That's a different promotion they have going until middle of next month.

Did the following flips just now:

Best Buy (w/GCU)
Ezio Collection PS4 - $20
Overwatch PS4 and XB1 - $32
UFC 2 PS4 and XB1 - $16

Walmart
Amazing Spider Man 2 - $20
Total - 143.21 after tax

Traded for:
$34
$42.50 x2
$22.95 x2
$29.75
Total - $194.65

Now I just gotta take that credit and burn the B2G1 coupons efficiently.

Luminaire

I... might do this. Already have PUR, been looking to upgrade.

Ok so I will go to GS in about 30 minutes.

I will trade in the games ans ask for a GS gift Card. I will then go to another GS and ask to:

• a) Buy a Amazon GC and just swipe the GC when needed( will they know I swiped a GC?)
    or
  • b) Ask to add to my Amazon Cash and swipe the GC, again at the last second so they don't see it.

I really hate GS and their rules and I don't want to trade all those game in to be left with a GS credit card I cannot use anywhere.
You'll trade in the games and get gamestop trade credit. You then need to convert that trade credit to gamestop gift card/cards, which you can get off their racks of gift cards. Whether or not they let you do that is ymmv. System allows it, some cashiers will not.

Once you get someone to do the gift card, you can technically use the gift card to buy amazon gift cards if they let you do it. You should go to a different store when doing that and not do everything at one store in a few transactions because youre more likely to get shot down.

They scan and activate the amazon gift cards, you would then have to swipe the Gamestop Gift Card as the payment method.

As for Amazon Cash, I dont know how that works. I dont believe you can get all the bonuses and such and then convert it to Amazon Cash, but I am not absolutely positive on that.

Kibbles

So on the site it says Gears 3 is worth "N/A", will it still count in-store towards the added 60%? :X I don't even have 6 newish disc-based games to sell so was going to sell some old stuff but a lot are just listed as N/A.

So on the site it says Gears 3 is "N/A", will it still count in-store towards the added 60%? :X I don't even have 6 newish disc-based games to sell so was going to sell some old stuff but a lot are just listed as N/A.

Nope if it's N/A they dont take it/it won't work for the 6 games.

Might be able to find a cheap game at GS and trade it back in though. Just make sure to find a cheap game/s that show a trade value and not N/A.

So in my digging through the garage to find my old games, I finally found my Pokemon Heart Gold and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. Those are worth like $60 a piece if I sell on amazon. I need to find my PokeWalker for another $20 or so lol.

I have 23 games worth about $400 for trade in, so I'm probably getting a Switch this weekend lol.

Top Bottom