• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Trade-in 6 Games 60% (+10% for Pro Members) Bonus 8/21-9/3

Anastasis

GameStop's deal is back! From 8/21 to 9/3:

Trade-in 2 games, get a 20% bonus
Trade in 4 games, get a 40% bonus
Trade in 6 games, get a 60% bonus

You get 10% more if you are a Pro member.

Trade values sometimes get a bump at the end of the month (Update 2: possible the last Friday of the month which is the 25th), so it may pay to hold off on trading for a few days.

Update: Login to your Rewards Account and check Active Offers. You may have multiple B2G1 pre-owned coupons to sweeten the deal. Thanks FantasticMrFoxdie!

bigkrev

Lets see if they are crazy and combo it with B2G1 free again like last time!

But yeah, all the games I got in the Amazon Prime glitch sale are heading over to Gamestop

Damn, last time they did this I cleaned myself out of games I didn't need and I managed to get an Amazon card of nearly $400.

Sadly I'm out of games I want to sell, and I doubt they'll allow people to swap their credit for Amazon cards this time (I had to swipe my giftcard before they noticed in order to get the Amazon card, lol).

bigkrev

This is GameStop credit right not cash?

Yes, but you can use the credit to buy a normal giftcard("I'm giving my brother a present for starting college" or something), and then go to a different store and use it to buy an Amazon gift card ("I got this as a present, but don't really play games anymore").

I might just bite the bullet and trade in all of my physical games at this point. Grab enough codes to buy digital versions for the ones I really want to revisit.

Might trade some stuff in to preorder Mario x Rabbids. Normally I'd go with Amazon Prime, but release date delivery has somehow escaped my grasp for this game

Weebos

Banned
I already unloaded a ton over the past few months of offers like this. I'll have to see if I can scrape up 6 games lol.

tebunker

Banned
they can't really be doing this again can they? so soon to last time?

I guess its not as bad since there is no B2g1 this time around.

Also OP you need to update your math. People need to understand that it isn't an extra ten %of the +%60 number, it's ten percent of the orginal trade in value

so for a $10 tiv you get $10 +$6 + $1 if you are a power up rewards member if you trade in 6 or more games. Which is 70%

Traded in 16 games and a Vita last time and got over $500. Did a round of boomeranging and ended up with $700+. Unfortunately I have nothing else to trade in (don't want to part with my other games)

Lets see if they are crazy and combo it with B2G1 free again like last time!

But yeah, all the games I got in the Amazon Prime glitch sale are heading over to Gamestop

What is this glitch sale you speak of?

Megatron

Glad I held onto this pile of games. So after the 6th game, everything you sell has the 10% extra applied?

As long as you have 6 or more, the 60% applies to all the games in the transaction. If you are a power up rewards member you get 70% for all.

Traded in 16 games and a Vita last time and got over $500. Did a round of boomeranging and ended up with $700+. Unfortunately I have nothing else to trade in (don't want to part with my other games)

During prime day or something, Amazon increased the discounts too much. Games like Digimon, Crash, and Kingdom hearts were selling for like $10

they can't really be doing this again can they? so soon to last time?

I guess its not as bad since there is no B2g1 this time around.

Also OP you need to update your math. People need to understand that it isn't an extra ten %of the +%60 number, it's ten percent of the orginal trade in value

Everyone who got a Pro membership from last time check your rewards account.

I currently have 3 B1G1 Preowned coupons

bigkrev

It basically amounted to 75% off preorders. I got Hey Pikmen and RPG Maker for like $8, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 and Everybody's Golf for $10, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 for $5, ect.

I'm kind of sad I thought small with games- apparently it was also working on Nendoroids and other expensive figures!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol i missed out on this last time. going to trade in FFXV, Tomb Raider, Ratchet, AC Syndicate and Battlefront. Maybe Uncharted 4 Lost Legacy if i can finish it in the next two days.

How do I become a Pro member. Is it worth it to get the 10%?

Hero

There is no way they bring back the B2G1 deal at the end of the month. Hope I am pleasantly surprised though.

I renewed my PUR subscription during the last one so everyone should have a B2G1 coupon that is good until September. So it's only one time, but still can get some mileage out of it...

200.gif

Odinson

I have over 30 wii games, 20 gamecube games, plus a few WiiU games. Looking to also sell my gamecube, wii and possibly dreamcast and WiiU. I know these games are old, but would I still get a good return on trading them in with this deal? Hoping to get enough credit to get a PS4.

ChrisD

I renewed my PUR subscription during the last one so everyone should have a B2G1 coupon that is good until September. So it's only one time, but still can get some mileage out of it...

Dang, I renewed as well and have nothing.

Just a $40 off coupon for some Halo thing.

Ducayne

Everyone who got a Pro membership from last time check your rewards account.

I currently have 3 B1G1 Preowned coupons

I have 3x B2G1 on my new PRU account from July but only worthwhile flips I see so far are Switch games. Can you trade in multiple copies of the same game in the same transaction?

ARMS + BOTW + MK8 x2 would net you ~$300 on ~$200.

I have over 30 wii games, 20 gamecube games, plus a few WiiU games. Looking to also sell my gamecube, wii and possibly dreamcast and WiiU. I know these games are old, but would I still get a good return on trading them in with this deal? Hoping to get enough credit to get a PS4.

It would depend on what games specifically. Some Wii U games trade in for a fairly large amount. You can check all of the trade values on GameStop's website or their app.

I have 3x B2G1 on my new PRU account from July but only worthwhile flips I see so far are Switch games. Can you trade in multiple copies of the same game in the same transaction?

ARMS + BOTW + MK8 x2 would net you ~$300 on ~$200.

Edit: nvm, misunderstood what game it was. You cant do 2 of the same game for the same console in one transaction

gaiages

Banned
i think it would need to be mk8 on xbox one and ps4. You couldnt do 2 ps4 copies, or 2 xbox copies

During the last time there were a few transactions where I had plants vs zombies on each console and it wasnt a problem

I think that poster meant Mario Kart 8.

Related to your post I traded in Puyo Puyo Tetris on both the PS4 and Switch in the same transaction and had no problems.

I had one of those but I used it last month. I had a coupon to get an extra 50% on any trade ins and my store had MK8, BOTW, and ARMS used so I got those and traded them in with my Amazon Glitch Games. I never thought they would actually bring back this deal again so quickly after the last one. Still made over $200 in profit so I can't be too mad.

Mr. Robot

Is it worth it to wait for a possible trade bump?
I tought that the trade in influx would make the good games drop even more in value.

Anyway... I have 5 trade in coupons waiting, maybe i can get a vive now that it has dropped in price, or maybe a 4th switch.

<Thinking emoji>

Top Bottom