• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Trade-in 6 Games 60% (+10% for Pro Members) Bonus 8/21-9/3

ironmang

So it's 60% of the total trade value, right?

Ya you take the total base trade value and multiply it by 1.6 for non-PUR and 1.7 for PUR and that's what you get with this promotion.

Or just pay the few dollars more to buy a new game at GameStop and don't get the nice people working minimum wage behind the counter fired because you're greedy.

Not everybody wants to buy games with Amazon credit. GameStop does nothing to prevent this from working with their system so if people get fired over it then they should be blamed, not the customer.

Ya you take the total base trade value and multiply it by 1.6 for non-PUR and 1.7 for PUR and that's what you get with this promotion.

Not everybody wants to buy games with Amazon credit. GameStop does nothing to prevent this from working with their system so if people get fired over it then they should be blamed, not the customer.

"You didn't memorize this specific and rarely mentioned procedure around these types of transactions that nobody ever does unless they are scamming the system, you deserve to be fired"

Huh? Please elaborate without making up quotes lol.

The only reason people get away with the Amazon stuff is because the employees never have to deal with it and probably don't remember training from months ago. You're exploiting their oversight for your own gain and possibly hurting them in the process.

These are minimum wage workers, many of them who just like games and work there for the atmosphere and being able to talk games with customers.

ironmang

The only reason people get away with the Amazon stuff is because the employees never have to deal with it and probably don't remember training from months ago. You're exploiting their oversight for your own gain and possibly hurting them in the process.

These are minimum wage workers, many of them who just like games and work there for the atmosphere and being able to talk games with customers.

They get away with the Amazon stuff because there's nothing in the system preventing it and it's perfectly legal. If GameStop is actually firing people over this then your beef should be with them.

SamNW

Or just pay the few dollars more to buy a new game at GameStop and don't get the nice people working minimum wage behind the counter fired because you're greedy.
I roll my eyes so fucking hard at posts like this. For one, GameStop is not firing employees over completing a transaction that is allowed by the system and difficult to prevent. Okay, sure, maybe if they're doing it over and over, every day, after being told not to, but it doesn't seem like GameStop is doing much to prevent this, both at the store level and system level.

Also, the consumer absolutely should be using loopholes and creative ways of working within a company's own system to come out on top. GameStop is a company that offers poor value to most consumers. Working within their system to move your money somewhere more valuable is perfectly acceptable, and abstract scolding ("you could get someone, somewhere, in trouble") only serves to reinforce and promote GameStop's interests. It's anti-consumer.

Lastly—and I think someone said this above—if GameStop is firing employees over this without warning, your anger should be aimed at company. They have the ability and resources to fix the issue. And to give their employees holidays off. And to pay them better. I'm not saying that the consumer has no responsibility to take concrete actions to improve labor conditions, but you should be infinitely more concerned with improving hiring practices, raising the minimum wage, ensuring better benefits, opposing mandatory holiday hours, etc.

Servbot24

Banned

Their employees are not my responsibility. I have no obligation to donate extra money to a corporation.

bigkrev

"You didn't memorize this specific and rarely mentioned procedure around these types of transactions that nobody ever does unless they are scamming the system, you deserve to be fired"

Gamestop sells hundreds of different gift cards, from PSN cash to Crunchyroll to Taco Bell to Shell Gas to iTunes to AMC Movies. You can use trade credit to buy any of them! There is probably some romantic ideal of a 14 year old kid trading in games to buy a gift card to Applebees to take his girlfriend on a date before he is old enough to have a job included somewhere in Gamestop's training plan

The only gift card you can't buy with trade credit is Amazon, and you used to be able to do this! They had Kindle cards, because they were selling Kindle tablets in the store.

There is nothing wrong with trading stuff in to get any sort of a gift card, even a Gamestop one. And there is nothing wrong with using a Giftcard to buy anything in the store, including a different gift card.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I've worked for Gamestop for long enough in the past to know how they usually operate pretty well.

I don't think employees would be fired for anything related to this unless they were purposefully going against a management directive. Let's say a store manager or above were to issue a directive, even on a store level or district level based on what happened in July to refuse trades based on ____ reasons or criteria. Failing to follow the directive would result in verbal warning, written warning, or possible termination depending on .. well.. decisions of management. Outside of that, the employees would not be responsible for anything related to a promotion unless it violates a company policy.

As for the 1.6 or 1.7 (For PUR) maths, that's just math. I mean, 1.6x base trade value is the math needed to determine trade value bumped up 60%. 1.7 x base trade is standard math to figure the 60% trade bonus + 10% for Power Up Rewards. There's nothing shady there.

Weebos

Banned
Probably old news at this point, but there was definitely a bump on some prices recently. Not huge, but I might actually make another run to get some digital conversions.

Luminaire

If it was an issue, the system would prevent it.

Jrs3000

Doesn't seem to be any good trades today. They must have updated pricing. Megaman legacy collection 2 value dropped smh.

Nice, traded in 6 games and my OG PS4 and Xbox One and ended up with just over $500 in Amazon GC. Great deal for me since I never use my Xbox and they're giving a crazy price for the original PS4. Now I can hopefully save that for some Black Friday deals.

Hey Pikmen is a good GS2GS B2G1 trade

it's $34 and trades in for $38

Nice, traded in 6 games and my OG PS4 and Xbox One and ended up with just over $500 in Amazon GC. Great deal for me since I never use my Xbox and they're giving a crazy price for the original PS4. Now I can hopefully save that for some Black Friday deals.

man that OG PS4 deal looks good. i'd be all over that but i just upgraded my harddrive and i'm too lazy to switch it back and do all that again

Will GameStop let you use a coupon from your phone? I want to trade some games and buy some used with a buy 2 get 1 from my pro member offers section but I have no printer :/

rj118

For those near a Meijer store:

Just Dance 2017 is on sale @ $20 for all systems, easy flip at $25+
Overwatch Origins is $30, trades in at $42.50 with promo

Plus mPerks has a 10% off general merchandise this weekend dropping those prices to $18 and $27 respectively.

Speaking of Overwatch

r8dnyfJ.png

lol

For those near a Meijer store:

Just Dance 2017 is on sale @ $20 for all systems, easy flip at $25+
Overwatch Origins is $30, trades in at $42.50 with promo

Plus mPerks has a 10% off general merchandise this weekend dropping those prices to $18 and $27 respectively.

Just Dance 2017 Switch is not included in the sale ( I scanned it )

I found the Wii version, which has a $19 TIV before bonus

SamNW

Just finished step one of this, got $163 for 9 games, including some random bonus $5 coupon the guy applied. He also gave me the coupon and quietly told me I can use it again lol. Quick question for people who have more experience with GameStop:

Can you sell the trade credit card directly to someone, or is it tied to your account?

ChrisD

Lol stupid Company.

Not stupid at all considering I just traded my copy in earlier today for $42.50; oiow more than a New Copy would cost me.

The Pre-Owned price will go back below New once it's not on sale New, and this trade-in deal is over.

I traded in

• Rise of the Tomb Raider Ps4
  • Just Dance 2017
  • XCOM 2
  • Sword Art Online: Lost Song
  • Splatoon 2

With 50% extra credit, I got $135 in Nintendo eShop cards

Was gonna do this with splatoon 2, but screw it, I want out of their ecosystem at this point. As a prime member and best buy gamers whatever 20% off retail, not dealing with pushy sales people, and the occasional extra best buy rewards is a much better option

The staff was mum on any B2G1 happening in the next 48 hours, but I did happen to find some great games to pick up from Best Buy if you need to boost your numbers to six. Right now, the following games are on sale for 11.99 after GCU:

- Last of Us: Remastered
- Bloodborne
- God of War 3: Remastered

Each of these trade in for 17.00 after the bump, so it's a small investment for a decent bump. These were the online prices, mind you; when I went in they were ringing up as 19.99 before GCU so I had to show them their web prices. Also, Overwatch and Just Dance for 2017 (Switch) will get you decent turn around prices. Traded in enough to pay for my new Xbox One X :)

Good luck everyone! Crossing fingers for a boomerang weekend.

Just did the deed.

Turned 3 B2G1 coupons into $107 profit.

I messed up though. I used one of my Free 1's on a 3DS game when i should have got a full game priced one. Overall, good stuff. Got Destiny preordered and PSN card

Last night I turned $220 in credit into $440 with my 3 B2G1 coupons.

Bought 6 at one store, flipped at next and bought 3 there. Flipped those combined with 3 fillers from Best Buy (Ezio collection and UFC 2 for PS4 and XB1).

I compiled the list below. The best group have $30 base TIV and the OK group has base $25. Make sure to exhaust the best group first, the more of those you get the better the profit margins. Check the trade values first before going in!!!! These are as of yesterday, i can't gurantee they held overnight.

Also do NOT trade in more than 3 of a single sku. You can do multiple across different consoles (3 overwatch on ps4 and 3 on xb1 is fine). The system will deny your whole trade if you exceed 3 in a short time period. So careful with zelda if you used that a lot last time. I flipped each version only once this time to be safe.

BEST
Arms
Splatoon 2
Mario kart 8 deluxe
Zelda Botw switch or wii u

OK
PS4/XB1
Injustice 2
Yakuza 0
Agents of mayhem
Nioh
Overwatch
Persona 5
Tekken 7

maguskain

So maybe this was already covered, but I was able to get Amazon CASH, not a gift card, very easily today.

Traded in the games, the money was put on a trade card. Then I moved that money to a gift card. Then I had the employee scan my Amazon Cash barcode.

Worked perfectly with no issues. I had never heard of Amazon Cash before, but I found an old thread about it here.

reKon

Banned
If you have both GCU and PUR Pro, the PS4 first-party games on sale at Best Buy are decent flips if you get 6 of them.

Not really worth it unless you have both of those memberships already, though.

For the $12 titles it seems like it's just. $4 flip per trade (because of tax) and more like a filler to get to six games. I need to find the GameStop that hopefully has a ton of 1st party used Nintendo switch games.

GameStop website is trash right now, can’t access my rewards to see the coupon. Is it a coupon everyone was given with a rewards account? Is it just for this weekend?

Last night I turned $220 in credit into $440 with my 3 B2G1 coupons.

Bought 6 at one store, flipped at next and bought 3 there. Flipped those combined with 3 fillers from Best Buy (Ezio collection and UFC 2 for PS4 and XB1).

I compiled the list below. The best group have $30 base TIV and the OK group has base $25. Make sure to exhaust the best group first, the more of those you get the better the profit margins. Check the trade values first before going in!!!! These are as of yesterday, i can't gurantee they held overnight.

Also do NOT trade in more than 3 of a single sku. You can do multiple across different consoles (3 overwatch on ps4 and 3 on xb1 is fine). The system will deny your whole trade if you exceed 3 in a short time period. So careful with zelda if you used that a lot last time. I flipped each version only once this time to be safe.

BEST
Arms
Splatoon 2
Mario kart 8 deluxe
Zelda Botw switch or wii u

OK
PS4/XB1
Injustice 2
Yakuza 0
Agents of mayhem
Nioh
Overwatch
Persona 5
Tekken 7
I'm salty I didn't get these coupons. Despite being a member.

So is there any major money makers for buying GCU best buy games and trading to gamestop? I'd love to get some credit and earn best buy points at the same time.

Seems more likely than successful boomerangss. Also there used to be a Google doc with trade data. Is that still a thing?

So is there any major money makers for buying GCU best buy games and trading to gamestop? I'd love to get some credit and earn best buy points at the same time.

Seems more likely than successful boomerangss. Also there used to be a Google doc with trade data. Is that still a thing?

Some good ones off the top of my head:

Ezio Collection, PS4 and XB1
Just Dance 2017 Switch only
Overwatch, PS4 and XB1

UFC 2 went up in price at BB, flips for a loss now. Same TIV so if you bought it yesterday you'll be ok.

There's others, but all of those have decent margins.

GS > GS is only worth it if you happen to have some B2G1 coupons on your PUR account. I don't think there's any decent boomerangs otherwise.

Top Bottom