• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Trade-in 6 Games 60% (+10% for Pro Members) Bonus 8/21-9/3

Looking at trade values online right now and they're real nerfed. $18 for Pokemon Sun. $30 for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. It'll probably be possible to profit again, but check those trade values first!

Looking at trade values online right now and they're real nerfed. $18 for Pokemon Sun. $30 for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. It'll probably be possible to profit again, but check those trade values first!

They will get bumped up closer to what they were during Flipageddon at the end of the month.

gaiages

Banned
Hmm, I think I could scrounge up 6 games to trade in... I'm thinking maybe trading in my physical copy of Splatoon 2 and getting the digital, with the trade in values I'd only lose out on about four dollars. :eek:

I'm just not sure what else to trade in yet, lol.

EDIT: No wait, I bought Splatoon 2 via Amazon Prime. Even better lol

Had anybody else been completely unable to log into their Rewards Account? I upgraded my existing account when this sale happened the first time, and I've never been able to log into the page to redeem any of the rewards. Every time it errors out, regardless of browser or device. The only contact available is a generic help email, which replies with a generic statement about how the servers are currently down. However since other people in this thread can log in, that's clearly not the case.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
tenor.gif

B00TE

Well shit. I got just shy of $400 selling stuff I was done playing last time. I think I have a few more games now I could get rid of.

BHK3

Banned
Trade values are incredibly low right now, unless they rise like $10 more there's no flips anyway. PS4 games have the highest trade in right now, if I went and got like 6 copies of the newest games using my trade credit from before, and my 2 coupons of B2G1, I'd be making...$12 and 32 CENTS. I mean if you're desperate for points you could go through the effort but the feast is long over and may never happen again

Bladelaw

Well this is one way to finance a PS4 pro. I'm probably sitting on a bunch of stuff I don't want to play anymore. I'm curious does this work on console trade ins as well?

Do you buy the B2G1 codes with reward points or does Gamestop just give them to you?

It should be a free reward for being a pro member.

Actually i think they give you this coupon for every month.

Yeah they won’t be doing what happened last time. Y’all are reaching a bit.

Well this isn't the same deal.

The last deal was B2G1 coupled with 70% boost

This is just 70% boost, but if you have B2G1 coupons in your account...THIS IS THE SAME DEAL. The only way this wouldn't be is if GS tanks the game values hard

Zackat

Is it worth trading in a PS3 and games? I have one of the backwards compatible ps3s, so is that one worth more? I have an incredible amount of PS3 stuff I need to get rid of.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Too bad I got banned from them last time ! I tried to trade in a controller a few weeks ago and they said my account was locked. Oh well!

Hexer06

So all games get the 60% boost when you trade in 6 or more right? I have around 30 games I wanna trade in, and wanna make sure that all of them would get the 60% boost. Or is it only up to 6 games are available to trade in and you'd have to find someone cool enough to let me do 5 transactions? Which I'm sure doesn't happen, lol.

This is terrifying. What's it from?

lolol that's just a guys face? wait till you watch the rest of twin peaks.

*cries inside*

So all games get the 60% boost when you trade in 6 or more right? I have around 30 games I wanna trade in, and wanna make sure that all of them would get the 60% boost. Or is it only up to 6 games are available to trade in and you'd have to find someone cool enough to let me do 5 transactions? Which I'm sure doesn't happen, lol.

i think as long as you have 6+ games it will apply to everything. if not you can probably tell them and i'm sure they would let you do 5 different transactions

Lucario

No B2G1 offers on account, but if trade values go up towards the end of the month I'm definitely using this as an excuse to go all-digital on my switch. I've lost enough 3DS carts to know it's a bad idea to keep these around >_>

Hexer06

i think as long as you have 6+ games it will apply to everything. if not you can probably tell them and i'm sure they would let you do 5 different transactions
Okay thanks :).

One more question. Will they let you use the money to buy Xbox/PSN cards? I saw ppl saying they had to cheat the system in a way to get Amazon gift cards from this.

Lucario

Okay thanks :).

One more question. Will they let you use the money to buy Xbox/PSN cards? I saw ppl saying they had to cheat the system in a way to get Amazon gift cards from this.

Yes, you can buy those no problem. Even digital codes.

Steam credit works too, but you have to buy it in store.

PR_rambo

Banned
A lot of the games traded in high the last time have been nerfed. Still a good deal if you're looking to dump games from your library

kewlmyc

I'm sure they have roadblocks in place where we can't abuse the hell out of like last time.

Actually, the clusterfuck of savings last time was only possible due to B2G1 running at the same time, which it isn't right now, so they should be safe (maybe).

Bought an Xbox One S, 6 PS4 games, and a $200 steam giftcard with the money I made last time.

Mesoian

I was thinking about doing this with a bunch of console dupes that I have, looks like it's time to get in there.

I wouldn't mind thinning out my WiiU collection to make up for the Switch stuff

Top Bottom