• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Trade-in 6 Games 60% (+10% for Pro Members) Bonus 8/21-9/3

tenor.gif

First page, GAF you dun good.

Any idea when those trade-in values get boosted?

The weekends? or just the last couple days of the month?

Thanks!

lol wtf I didn't know GS still takes those

Yeah but you'll likely get like $.25 for them.

Always a good idea to check their trade-in value on the website.

Some classic games that are overabundant/popular (Halos, CoDs, etc) they won't even take.

PR_rambo

Banned
So far, the values are in line with what Gamestop normally offers. No insane flips like last time. If you're looking to get rid of extra games you already own, it's decent.

Servbot24

Banned
What's up my dudes, just swagging on in here to score some sweet cash off GameStop. Yeaaaaah you could say I'm kind of a badass, it's cuz I always get the freshest video game sale info from neogaf.com.

Spoit

Can someone explain what the crazy deal was last time? With the b2g1?

Some games traded in at essentially the same price you bought it, so you got about the value of the "Get 1" every time you did a trade cycle. E.g. you got 3 (well x2, to qualify for the 6) 3ds games for like $80ish, and traded them in for like $120ish

Anastasis

Can someone explain what the crazy deal was last time? With the b2g1?

Last time there was the perfect storm of three things:

1) Base values of games were bumped (happens towards the end of the month)
2) Storewide B2G1 meant you can get games for really cheap (without coupon therefore without limit)
3) 60% bonus easily made more credit than was used to purchase games via B2G1

This time we don't have #2 (unless something crazy happens), so won't be as good. #1 should happen, but we're not sure yet of the new values and for what games.

Man, the PowerUp Rewards site is just balls. I can't access any deals because it says that I need to activate my card (which I don't have, I made my account in 2010 and I have no idea where the card went), but then when I put in my email it says it's already been activated.

Sent them a message through their online help form, hopefully it gets resolved.

Luminaire

What's up my dudes, just swagging on in here to score some sweet cash off GameStop. Yeaaaaah you could say I'm kind of a badass, it's cuz I always get the freshest video game sale info from neogaf.com.
Shit bro you are SIKK.

Also these 3ds values are garbotron. I have a feeling they may not get bumped up enough the be worth it.

Just wait until the end of the month. This runs until 9/3 and the end of the month always sees bumps in trade in credit values

Doubt this is as profitable as last time but still probably worth a flip or two

kirblar

Just wait until the end of the month. This runs until 9/3 and the end of the month always sees bumps in trade in credit values

Doubt this is as profitable as last time but still probably worth a flip or two
Yup yup. This is how to game it. Just keep watching values till they bump up.

jfoul

Yes, even PS2, Xbox and Gamecube games.

Didn't know they still took PS2 games. I'm really thinking about unloading my PS2, and PS3 collections. I've been too lazy to list them on Craigslist.

Is Gamestop doing store credit to Amazon GC conversion, or is that only a test run?

DocSeuss

I got banned until October 'cause there was only one store in my area so it was all I could do trades at, so I won't be able to do this deal, I think.

Unless someone knows a way around this? I have a bunch of games sitting here ready to be traded in.

Only have one B2G1 coupon because I used one last month to buy back the Pokemon games I originally traded in LOL

Wish they would just do the same thing again...

The first thing I noticed was how toxic that thread was even before the news of the new promotion broke. Also funny since I have my CAG account for 3 years longer than my NeoGAF account.

I think the people doing YouTube videos about the last deal was a bridge too far.

Who was it.. Rand Al Thor or something? Explaining to everyone how to build up enough credit to pre-order an Xbox One X (which I did, thank you).

I was in on the deal last time from relatively the beginning, and it did get blown way the hell up, I had some friends who got kicked out of a GameStop for flipping on like the last day. I really think it was a once a decade kind of thing with how easy it was and with everything else coming together at the right time. The cheap Best Buy flippers to get started.. B2G1.. high trade values.. Freaking Plants vs Zombies 2 getting you like $55. Insane.

PR_rambo

Banned
I think the people doing YouTube videos about the last deal was a bridge too far.

Who was it.. Rand Al Thor or something? Explaining to everyone how to build up enough credit to pre-order an Xbox One X (which I did, thank you).

I was in on the deal last time from relatively the beginning, and it did get blown way the hell up, I had some friends who got kicked out of a GameStop for flipping on like the last day. I really think it was a once a decade kind of thing with how easy it was and with everything else coming together at the right time. The cheap Best Buy flippers to get started.. B2G1.. high trade values.. Freaking Plants vs Zombies 2 getting you like $55. Insane.
Yeah it was a perfect storm. Don't think we'll ever see something like it again.

ChrisD

The values, iirc, go up on the last Friday of the month (or something like that). That was why the deals were good for that weekend and probably extended because of the holiday. Plus b2g1 he same week.

If you have a ton, I would hold off until Friday.
I might just trade the trash I have for $120 today for uncharted, madden and absolver.

Top Bottom